Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Re-do a Power Rangers Season - SPD (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7032)

MattEmily 12/16/15 09:16 PM

Re-do a Power Rangers Season - SPD

Here's another 1.

mbozzo 09/17/16 09:25 PM

Re: Re-do a Power Rangers Season - SPD

Instead of taking place in the future, I would have SPD take place on another planet. The only SPD episodes that take place on Earth would be the 2 part SPD/Dino Thunder team up that would replace 'History' and 'Wormhole'. :D

MattEmily 09/17/16 09:48 PM

Here's some of my differences.
  1. No Boom.
  2. No Mora
  3. SPD would be in present time and not in the future.
  4. Broodwing would be more active in doing his own thing throughout the season
  5. No Piggy
  6. No comic effects
  7. No added aliens
  8. S.O.P.H.I.E would still be there but she wouldn't be a central figure to activating the Delta Command Megazord.
  9. Omega Ranger wouldn't be from the future and wouldn't be Sam since he would be someone from another SPD Base that is on another planet.
  10. No containment cards instead monster containments will happen like in Dekaranger meaning monsters would be destroyed if they are approved for destruction and if they are not approved for destruction then they would be jailed.
  11. No Omni instead Gruumm will just battle the Rangers as a Giant version of himself thanks to a bomb-like present that Broodwing left him in the Terror which caused the ship to not only self destruct but it also causes Gruumm to enlarge.
  12. The Rangers would fight Giant Gruumm with the Delta Command Megazord and the Swat Megazord with the Delta Command Megazord delivering the final blow and then it would cause Gruumm to shrink back down to size and then Cruger would have his own one-on-one with him much like we saw in the finale and yes Cruger would be fighting him without his Shadow Ranger powers and he would end up destroying him since he was already approved for destruction earlier in the season.

Massive Ego 09/17/16 09:54 PM

I like your ideas, way better than what we got. Too bad the real SPD was poorly written garbage. But its fun to try and remake.

PRangerX 09/17/16 10:02 PM

Why wouldn't Cruger fight Gruumm as Shadow Ranger? Wouldn't that make Gruumm look weak since he would get beat by a powerless Ranger?

MattEmily 09/18/16 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Ego (Post 57871)
I like your ideas, way better than what we got. Too bad the real SPD was poorly written garbage. But its fun to try and remake.

thanks and yea it was pretty poor at times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 57872)
Why wouldn't Cruger fight Gruumm as Shadow Ranger? Wouldn't that make Gruumm look weak since he would get beat by a powerless Ranger?

It wouldn't be a question of strength but more a question of pride since Cruger would want to deal with Gruumm on his own with no special powers helping him out.

PRangerX 09/18/16 04:56 PM

But then why use powers at all? A powerless Ranger should not be able to beat the big bad or anything close with no powers. It makes the powers seem un-needed.

I always thought it would have been interesting to follow the B team angle we saw the first few episodes. With the Rangers having to clean up the messes and pass off big fights to A Squad. It would have been interesting to see them grow. Plus it would have been different seeing a Ranger team not be "the Power Rangers". In the sense that they wouldn't be the main ones until later.

Red Spandex Forever 09/18/16 05:03 PM

Well if Gruumm was weakened it would be plausible for Cruger to be able to beat him un-morphed. So I don't think it would have been that crazy.

No Green Spandex 09/18/16 05:07 PM

I wouldn't have had Cruger become Shadow Ranger. He was approaching Tommy levels of over dominance at some points. I'd also rather the whole team defeat Gruumm and not just Cruger.

Shadow Ranger would have been some mysterious Ranger that helps them for an unknown reason. Who turns out to be Cruger's wife. Omega Ranger would be their son.

Space Nerd 09/19/16 04:01 PM

I wish it could have been more of a space season than it was. It would have been so much better if they traveled through outer space all season.