Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers Modern Archives (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   JDF getting NEW White Ranger suit! (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=4463)

GreenRanger 05/21/12 08:21 PM

JDF getting NEW White Ranger suit!

Saw this on Facebook from the JDF Official Fan Page...
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...75728576_n.jpg

His comments are: My new suit being built by 6:13 concepts ..
JDF

So does this mean he's coming back for the anniversary after all? White Ranger? What about the Green?

Hard to say who's returning - Saban is tight-lipped, everyone keeps saying they haven't been contacted by Saban, yet here we see a NEW White Ranger suit being made for JDF - so I'm starting to wonder if there really is some kind of conspiracy to keep things quiet so Saban can surprise everyone? I would like to see Walter Jones return too though, even Austin St. John and Amy Jo Johnson, could care less about David Yost, too bad about Thuy Trang.

MattEmily 05/21/12 09:33 PM

Re: JDF getting NEW White Ranger suit!

I doubt it means anything. It could be something he just wants for his personal collection since Saban and Disney didn't typically let them keep anything from their work on the show.

It definitely could be an issue with surprising people but Jason (Tommy) isn't known for being able to keep secrets. That could be why they're trying to be careful on that front.

I wouldn't expect to see Walter, Austin or Amy though. Walter has refused to work on the series previously while it was non-union. He was asked back for the Turbo movie and for a Turbo episode yet he declined due to the show still being non-union.
Austin? Completely unlikely. He's too busy being a paramedic.
Amy is also unlikely regardless of Flashpoint ending.

GreenRanger 05/23/12 01:53 PM

From his Facebook account today...

Coming along 6:13 concepts
JDF
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...74921456_n.jpg

Looking good. Looks like the movie suit, but some differences - just slight but you can see them.

MattEmily 05/23/12 03:24 PM

Indeed however I noticed that they remembered to not have his holster. He didn't have a holster for Saba in the movie so that was nice attention to detail.

GreenRanger 05/24/12 06:56 AM

Finally got confirmation from JDF what this is for...

Facebook:

Just to have one lol. He does good work...
JDF

So there you go, no big announcement, he's just getting one so that he has one like the Green Ranger outfit he has.

MattEmily 05/24/12 10:24 AM

Makes you wonder if he'll get Zeo 5 next.

Suzy-Q 05/28/12 05:46 PM

Hey guys! You might recognize my name from JDF's fan page--I'm the Admin on there. I can clear all of this up for ya! :) A fellow that is a big fan of Jason's is also a great prop/suit maker and he offered to make the White Ranger movie suit for him just so that Jason will have one. In return, Jason promised to advertise a bit for him so that the artist can sell a few more suits. Jason may use it for photo ops like he's doing with the Green Ranger suit that he had made recently.

Unfortunately for us fans, JDF has NO intention of returning for any PR series, though things can always change. He and Haim Saban don't exactly have a smooth relationship--he was told that none of the "originals" (I'm assuming that also includes Johnny, Steve, Karan, Nakia, and Catherine) look 27 anymore and Paul (Schrier) is the only one they're bringing back. Not sure what's so magic about 27 and I've seen Paulie in the flesh in the last couple of months and I'm sorry...he couldn't pull off 27.

So there you have it. :)

MattEmily 05/28/12 05:57 PM

Hello Suzy-Q. Welcome to the board. Thanks for registering and letting us know.

It's not exactly much of a secret of JDF and Saban's relationship though.

But in the paraphrased words of a certain movie, minus the "with the great power" part, anything is possible in regards to Power Rangers. Sure, JDF may not have any intention of returning at this point in time but it probably depends on numerous factors.

Also I don't really see what age has anything to do with it. They brought back Austin, JDF, Selwyn, Chris, Danny, Sean, Jason Faunt and Daniel back in 2002 and I highly doubt most of them could pass for even their early 30s. Granted by the time it happened the show was owned by Disney and it's doubtful Saban had any plans to do such an awesome reunion episode like "Forever Red" was.

However by originals, I would assume they would just mean the original cast such as Walter, Amy, David, Austin and Jason yet they really have no clue what they're talkin' about. Most of the actors within Power Rangers don't even look like they have aged much. All you really see are wrinkles, that's pretty much it. Nakia and Catherine look pretty much the same as they did on the show. Same with Walter. JDF only looks different because of his MMA training.
Karan is pretty much the only one that actually looks different and she also sounds different as well. At least out of the ones that I've seen pictures and/or video clips of anyway.

Suzy-Q 05/28/12 06:42 PM

Oh yeah, it definitely depends upon many factors--all of which Jason and I have talked about. I honestly can't see Saban coming through on those, but...Jason has been known to change his mind so we'll just have to wait and see. As of right now though, he has not received an offer from Saban to do anything on PR.

MattEmily 05/28/12 07:51 PM

I'm assuming the factors are union issues, correct? No, can't be that since he worked on Dino Thunder which was non-union so I would assume it would probably just be what's involved as well as the salary.