Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Someone recommended Power Rangers RPM to me (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7884)

RespectTheIMD 12/22/11 09:18 PM

Someone recommended Power Rangers RPM to me

Said it was actually pretty mature and a surprisingly good show. Is she full of ****?

Zelos_Zensation 12/22/11 09:18 PM

Re: Someone recommended Power Rangers RPM to me

hmm. Looked it up, and considering it's a Power Rangers show, doesn't seem half bad. Has a completely different premise than other Power Rangers and the characters seem to have stuff going on. Might as well give it a shot.

Pinflan 12/23/11 09:18 PM

She tells the truth. It's also legitimately funny.

yusiko 12/23/11 09:18 PM

it tries to be as dark as a kids show can possibly be and that actually works for the show
it has alot of the same problems other power ranger seasons have but all in all its one of the if not the best season of power rangers. one that adults can enjoy with their kids.

for one it has on screen death
not many but characters that die stay dead. hell there is even blood in a scene but its only a little bit.

you know how power rangers usually have the rangers fighting to stop an evil being from taking over the world
well RPM takes place in a world where the bad guys have already won
the entire human population has been killed except for a few humans who were made into slaves.
the world is a barren wasteland where plant life cant grow
the only save haven is the dome city of koren which is sealed inside of an impenetrable dome and the last human city.
naturally the monsters want to destroy koren and finally wipe out the the few humans that remain alive inside the dome.

similar to how in time force had the pink ranger be the main character this series has the black ranger be the series protagonist

STT_Zidane 12/24/11 09:18 PM

Recommend yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdtfm9gpBbY

Mega Mana 12/26/11 09:18 PM

Episodes 10 & 11 are easily in my top ten episodes for the entire series, probably top 5.

Pilaf555 12/26/11 09:18 PM

Yeah, RPM is worth a watch. Its a really good season for Power Rangers. Its one of my favorite seasons besides MMPR, Time Force, and In Space.

Lord Seth 12/26/11 09:18 PM

I recommend checking it out. It's my favorite season of the show.

It's really sad to see that we went from a season this good to a season as weak as Samurai...

yusiko 12/26/11 09:18 PM

im surprised at how much people dont like samurai
i mean ive never seen samurai but i hear its pretty much a shot for shot remake of samurai sentai shinkenger

and shinkenger was great
but maybe samurai just couldnt capture the same charm shinkenger had.

also RPM is nothing like its super sentai counterpart
it was a weak sentai season and a great power ranger season

EternalNether 12/26/11 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yusiko (Post 66422)
im surprised at how much people dont like samurai
i mean ive never seen samurai but i hear its pretty much a shot for shot remake of samurai sentai shinkenger

and shinkenger was great
but maybe samurai just couldnt capture the same charm shinkenger had.

also RPM is nothing like its super sentai counterpart
it was a weak sentai season and a great power ranger season

I think the hate for Samurai mostly comes from the older audience that was a fan of RPM's style. Samurai isn't necessarily bad, but it is definitely trying to appeal to the younger crowd, and rightfully so, since it's on Nickelodeon. I haven't been keeping up with it much, though.