Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   If Jason Frank didn't return in season 2? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8655)

No Green Spandex 03/08/18 07:28 PM

If Jason Frank didn't return in season 2?

I was wondering if the original actors wouldn't have walked off if Frank was written off for real? Not because they didn't like Jason. But without JDF they may have been able to give the originals raises.

Boston Ranger Guy 03/08/18 07:40 PM

Re: If Jason Frank didn't return in season 2?

JDF wasn't going to be written out And Saban wasn't given them raises in either case. Especialky not based on a strike.

MattEmily 03/08/18 07:43 PM

JDF's return had nothing to do with it regardless of whether he was there or not the whole issue behind Walter, Thuy and Austin leaving was because of pay and the show not being union. Saban wasn't going union at that point in time no matter what now they may have been backed into a corner if the whole hero cast decided to leave but that didn't end up happening.

Starlight Supreme 03/09/18 08:25 AM

I can't see Saban going union or giving out raises just because JDF left the series.

Wesley Smallings 03/09/18 11:49 AM

If for some reason Frank left the show, i could see Richie taking the White Ranger Role. The cast chsngr still would have happened like it did, since it had nothing to do with JDF.

Miki1988 03/09/18 01:56 PM

That's correct. If the cast change would be somehow connected to JDF or JDF himself would be somehow responsible for the cast change, it would be an entire different situation. But it wasn't the case.

Anyway, I don't think JDF not returning would affect season 2 in a big way, but it would mean MMPR S3, Zeo, Turbo, FR, DinoThunder and Legendary Battle with no Tommy in them. No David, no brainwashed Zeo Ranger V fighting against his teammates, T.J. would probably have the torch passed to him by someone else and Eric would not have said that the Q-Rex would eat Dragonzord for lunch. Basically, for the writers and producers, it would mean doing every single storyline involving Tommy with an entirely different character or just doing entirely different storylines.

Jen's Revenge 03/09/18 05:38 PM

Who knows if the show would have lasted if Tommy didn't return?

Vypra's Monster 03/09/18 07:32 PM

I think we would have had a different White Rangsr but "The Power Transfer" would have happened the same way. Like Miki said, the rest of the eaely seasons would have been much different.

No Green Spandex 03/09/18 07:33 PM

Yes they would have been much better without Tommy.

KimandTommy 03/09/18 07:35 PM

It would have been horrible. It was bad enough we had the cast change. But it would have been unbearable without Tommy. Especially when Tommy and Kim were just getting going.