Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Should every season after Galaxy be an AU (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7742)

Sentai Fate 01/30/17 05:20 PM

Should every season after Galaxy be an AU

You could say the team ups were au teams or non canon like Sentai Team ups.

Captain Codfish 01/30/17 05:24 PM

Re: Should every season after Galaxy be an AU

This clearly isn't the case for any incarnation besides RPM or Dino Charge. You can count the first movie if you want. I have no reason to believe the post Galaxy team ups were au or non canon.

Power Rangers Forever 01/30/17 05:24 PM

Just because Sentai has AU teams, it doesn't mean Power Rangers needs too.

MattEmily 01/30/17 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor Fate (Post 63767)
You could say the team ups were au teams or non canon lome Sentai Team ups.

no since that wouldn't really work for some teams.

Wild Force = Forever Red.
Ninja Storm = mentioned Triforia.
Dino Thunder = Tommy.
SPD = this wouldn't work since SPD has technology that Ethan made - what technology that is we don't know
Mystic Force = don't know there.
Overdrive = they got a scale from Mystic Force's Fire Heart so it wouldn't work there not to mention.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Codfish (Post 63768)
This clearly isn't the case for any incarnation besides RPM or Dino Charge. You can count the first movie if you want. I have no reason to believe the post Galaxy team ups were au or non canon.

exactly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power Rangers Snob (Post 63769)
Just because Sentai has AU teams, it doesn't mean Power Rangers needs too.

I completely agree. Just because Sentai did something doesn't mean Power Rangers have to do it too.

Sentai Fate 01/30/17 06:27 PM

But that could have been AU versions of things in the other PRUs. The Ethan of SPD was another version of Ethan than from DinoThunder.

Blue Ranger Gone Bad 01/30/17 06:40 PM

That sounds overly complicated to me. They wouldn't mention all the references to the past if they we're all alternate universes. They definitely not written to be as such.

MattEmily 01/30/17 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Ranger Gone Bad (Post 63772)
That sounds overly complicated to me. They wouldn't mention all the references to the past if they we're all alternate universes. They definitely not written to be as such.

I completely agree. There's no reason for SPD to say the stuff they did to Tommy, Kira, Ethan and Conner if they were alternate versions of themselves plus making alternate versions of already existing characters will just do nothing but over-complicate things.

Rangerlord 01/30/17 10:21 PM

This is why I hated RPM being an AU. It opened the door for stuff like this. It was a nad precedent to set.

Bratty Katty 01/30/17 10:40 PM

I think the producers would be foolish to go this route. And shouldn't have done it with RPM or Dino Charge

Shadowhawk 01/30/17 10:50 PM

I see it only happening once in awhile. When they do a season that can't happen in the regular PRU.