Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Adlibing on set (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8579)

PRFan4Ever 02/04/18 12:36 AM

Adlibing on set

Do Power Ranger actors adlib a lot on set? I mean where they film them and the actors just act natural?

MattEmily 02/04/18 01:17 AM

Re: Adlibing on set

generally no unless they know that their Producer doesn't mind such stuff since he would have to approve any of that and if he doesn't then they have to re-shoot the scene with the scripted dialogue.

Tzachor was generally known for being a stick in the mud so he wasn't a fan of that.
20th Century Fox was in charge of the first movie and Adam's "I'm a frog" line was ad-libbed and while some Producers might not like that their Producers didn't mind it since it was a funny line.
Any of Yoshi and Peter's Sentai references (or references to previous Power Rangers seasons) they throw in during some of their scenes it's ad-libbing since they weren't told to do them it's just stuff they chose to do out of their own free will.

PRFan4Ever 02/04/18 08:31 AM

I would ad lib lot but sometimes I'd bring my own script and see if the Director likes it.

Massive Ego 02/04/18 08:38 AM

Your not goings to be able to just do what you want. Acting isn't a Larp or RPG.

Astro Omega 02/04/18 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 73723)
generally no unless they know that their Producer doesn't mind such stuff since he would have to approve any of that and if he doesn't then they have to re-shoot the scene with the scripted dialogue.

Tzachor was generally known for being a stick in the mud so he wasn't a fan of that.
20th Century Fox was in charge of the first movie and Adam's "I'm a frog" line was ad-libbed and while some Producers might not like that their Producers didn't mind it since it was a funny line.
Any of Yoshi and Peter's Sentai references (or references to previous Power Rangers seasons) they throw in during some of their scenes it's ad-libbing since they weren't told to do them it's just stuff they chose to do out of their own free will.

Wow I didn't know that that stuff was made up on the fly. Iwas talking about the Sentai and past season stuff, not the Frog thing.

KimandTommy 02/04/18 08:44 AM

JDF probably adlibbed a lot and is responsible for Tommy being so cool. The producers never would have said no to him. JDF was like one of the honorary producers and most definitely came up with a lot of the scripts in general. He wrote the whole romance between Tommy and Kim. For zome reason tney overruled him and put in the awful Kat storyline. I wonder if thats why he left the series?

Goldar's Revenge 02/04/18 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimandTommy (Post 73729)
JDF probably adlibbed a lot and is responsible for Tommy being so cool. The producers never would have said no to him. JDF was like one of the honorary producers and most definitely came up with a lot of the scripts in general. He wrote the whole romance between Tommy and Kim. For zome reason tney overruled him and put in the awful Kat storyline. I wonder if thats why he left the series?

Don't be ridiculous ,there is no evidence for any of that. The only real possibility is the "Aww-Man!" thing. Which may have been icorporated by the writers from JDF. But Frank was never a writer or producer on the seriea. And to the best of out knowledge followed the scripts as much as everyone else. Remember he was new to acting at first and was just learning. They hired him for his martial arts ability first.

They did also use the fact JDF was forgetful and put that in Tommy's character. But ultimately the writers decided to do that and it wasn't some adlib.

Tommy and Kim was done by the writers. Just like Tommy and Kat. And of course was a result of Amy finishing up on the series. And to say Tommy left the series because of the Kat storyline is pure fiction. JDF wanted to leave the series because he felt like it was time to move on. I am sure he had no problem with the Kat Romance.

KimandTommy 02/04/18 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge (Post 73730)
Don't be ridiculous ,there is no evidence for any of that. The only real possibility is the "Aww-Man!" thing. Which may have been icorporated by the writers from JDF. But Frank was never a writer or producer on the seriea. And to the best of out knowledge followed the scripts as much as everyone else. Remember he was new to acting at first and was just learning. They hired him for his martial arts ability first.

They did also use the fact JDF was forgetful and put that in Tommy's character. But ultimately the writers decided to do that and it wasn't some adlib.

Tommy and Kim was done by the writers. Just like Tommy and Kat. And of course was a result of Amy finishing up on the series. And to say Tommy left the series because of the Kat storyline is pure fiction. JDF wanted to leave the series because he felt like it was time to move on. I am sure he had no problem with the Kat Romance.

Well thats my opinion so I have a right to be!ieve all that.

Massive Ego 02/04/18 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimandTommy (Post 73731)
Well thats my opinion so I have a right to be!ieve all that.

Opinions can't argue with facts. Nor can you just assume something happened because you wanted it to. And wrong facts should be corrected to prevent the spread of missinformation.

A Gia To Remember 02/04/18 09:18 AM

I don't think JDF was more than just an actor . He wasn't a writer. And I don't see why he would care about Tommy and Kat being love interests.