Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Shouldn't Dana have led LR? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7332)

Forever Pink 09/08/16 08:48 PM

Shouldn't Dana have led LR?

She was already a part of the organization and was a big part of recruiting the other Rangers. Shouldn't she have been made the team leader? Instead, Carter always took the lead. Dana should have probably been Red. Even if it didn't match her job.

MattEmily 09/08/16 10:40 PM

Re: Shouldn't Dana have led LR?

Yes she should've been the leader regardless of her Ranger color.

Lightspeed Zeo 09/10/16 07:14 PM

Yeah , she deffinitly should have been the leader. But they never really had her carry herself the same way after episode 1. She seemed like she was going to be tough but her personality ended up being much different.

Itzy Bitzy Carter 09/10/16 07:24 PM

It would have been much better than Carter leading and always hogging the spotlight. I liked Dana in the first episode. But she kind of fell in the background unless an episode specifically was about her. But those were few and far between.

Red Spandex Forever 09/10/16 11:49 PM

I don't think Dana was red material. Jen would have made a great Red Ranger though. So its nothing to do with Dana being a woman.

Chef Mia 09/11/16 12:08 AM

I never thought of Dana as a Red Ranger or a leader. She was a pretty cool character though.

No Green Spandex 09/11/16 12:07 PM

Dana as leader made so much sense it was wierd they didn't go that route. Maybe they learned from their mistake the next year when they had Jen lead.

Massive Ego 09/11/16 12:22 PM

It was one of the rare mistakes they made back then.

Uncle Steve 09/12/16 02:42 PM

Lightspeed had a ton of problems. But this was one of them. Really Dana ended up being a wasted character. She came off as so strong the first episode. But faded into the background so much that her main contribution became worrying about how Ryan was doing in his quest. Don't even get me started on "In The Limelight", which tottally ruined any credibility her character had left.

Jen's Revenge 09/12/16 10:42 PM

At least they made up for it by given us Jen the next year. She was the bad ass Pink Ranger the show needed. Everything Dana could have been but wasn't.

MMPR Forever 09/12/16 10:44 PM

I think Kimberly was the best Pink Ranger ever. Sorry, Jen doesn't come close. And neither does Dana or anyone else.

Forever Pink 09/12/16 10:45 PM

I agree Kimberly is best. Jen was still cool though. Dana could have been much better.

Usagi Reborn 09/12/16 10:46 PM

I would rank Katherine and Jen the best personally. Dana well, isn't in the conversation to me.

MMPR Forever 09/12/16 10:47 PM

Kat was the worst. She was rewarded for being evil and stole Tommy from Kim. I wish Kim could have beat her up and took her powers back. The powers Kat conned away from Kim. But oh well.

Chef Mia 09/12/16 10:49 PM

Katherine was kinda bland to me. I don't think she was evil though. I always liked Cassie the best. She was really cool and had a good personality.

Delta Max 09/12/16 11:01 PM

How was Kat evil? She was placed under an evil spell like Tommy. Afterwards she felt guilty and did everything in her power to help the Rangers. Kimberly considered her a friend and worthy successor. I would say Jen was the best Pink however.

But lets not forget Taylor. She wasn't a Pink Ranger. But she was a very strong female character. Just as strong as Jen. She also led Wild Force before Cole showed up.

No Green Spandex 09/12/16 11:02 PM

Kat was a cool Ranger. Don't know what she saw in Tommy lol.

MattEmily 09/13/16 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Green Spandex (Post 57674)
Dana as leader made so much sense it was wierd they didn't go that route. Maybe they learned from their mistake the next year when they had Jen lead.

I agree that it was a mistake for not having Dana as the leader of the Lightspeed Rescue Ranger team but Jen leading her team in Time Force actually has nothing to do with what happened in our Lightspeed Rescue season since they were pretty much taking stuff directly from TimeRanger and pasting it into Time Force which is why Jen is usually the leader but Red is usually the one that takes charge in battles since that is what happened in TimeRanger.

Lightspeed Omega 09/14/16 09:33 PM

I liked Carter as the leader. He was a good alpha male arch type. I really like Carter's struggle to be the best and be as good as his hero. "Trial By Fire" was a great episode. He was never made the leader officially anyway. So its not like Dana was short changed.

Uncle Steve 09/14/16 09:38 PM

Carter was just not very interesting. The subplot with Mr. Mitchill seemed pretty forced. There was no real reason to care about him. He wasn't lead Ranger material. It was baffling Dana was not used as the leader.

Goldar's Revenge 09/14/16 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen's Revenge (Post 57722)
At least they made up for it by given us Jen the next year. She was the bad ass Pink Ranger the show needed. Everything Dana could have been but wasn't.

Jen was overrated. She was just a carbon copy of Yuri from Timeranger. Her trust issues with Wes were like groundhog day. Plus Wes still was the field leader. Just because thats how TR did things.

KimandTommy 09/15/16 11:24 AM

Dana was the only thing I liked in Lightspeed.

Call Titanus 09/15/16 07:59 PM

The Rangers in Lightspeed were a slightly more adult version of MMPR. I liked that.