Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers Modern Archives (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   PR News 05/19/08 - PR 2009 Title Revealed! (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=2662)

PRangerX 04/08/08 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerKing (Post 30837)
Wasn't that rooted in the Star Trek writers being lazy and adapting a fanfic?

Not sure about that. I know Star Trek used to be famous for allowing Spec Script submissions. That stopped with Enterprise. Most shows nowadays make you get an agent before they will even read your script.

PRangerX 04/08/08 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkRanger99 (Post 30842)
Technically, the fans have not copyrighted their ideas, so Disney can take them if they want to, and that would be brought up in the lawsuit. Plus, Disney can then try to counter-sue fans for using the name "Power Rangers" without their premission.

Well obviously PR fans can't make money off of their ideas. But Disney can't make money off of ideas from outside their corporation. Since there not paying the fans to come up with these ideas. For the people that work for them, its understood that the ideas they come up with belong to Disney.

Sakura3 04/09/08 10:21 PM

OK I was watching the Toei episodes up through #6 and it looked great but there's one problem -

The series plot.

Here's what I mean -

Toei's version is enviornmental battle mbased missions this year so I'm not sure how well that'll carry over to the new Power Rangers. If it doesn't work do you guys think the US series plot could change?

red timeforce ranger 04/09/08 10:36 PM

race car owner pick his kids as heros and his 5 kids as teengers

PrimoPiccolo 04/10/08 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simango
Toei's version is enviornmental battle mbased missions this year so I'm not sure how well that'll carry over to the new Power Rangers.

Why wouldn't it carry over well as well as anything else? We arguably made the environment a bigger issue in Wild Force than Gaoranger did.

RangerKing 04/10/08 07:41 AM

Oh yeah. Mandilok persuading Kite to the correct argument that the Orgs weren't ultimately the ones responsible was a good episode.

But just because something happened in Sentai doesn't mean it will in Power Rangers. Granted some of the earlier seasons came away a lot more than today, but Lost Galaxy is a perfect example of them not doing what Sentai did (or at least in the execution department). The same would apply to Dino Thunder. So things are tweaked and not because they won't work but because of culture. I mean look at Gekiranger and Jungle Fury. The animals, frankfully, went away and were replaced with just normal human masters.

Poweranimals 04/10/08 02:59 PM

Please no more Kites.

PrimoPiccolo 04/10/08 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerKing
But just because something happened in Sentai doesn't mean it will in Power Rangers. Granted some of the earlier seasons came away a lot more than today, but Lost Galaxy is a perfect example of them not doing what Sentai did (or at least in the execution department). The same would apply to Dino Thunder.

But those seasons also had producers who really tried to fight the status quo. If Kalish is still under contract for next year, we'll see a 96% Go-onger translation, because all the stuff that made S.P.D. independent of Dekaranger was thanks to Greg Aronowitz.

BlueRider 04/10/08 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poweranimals (Post 30870)
Please no more Kites.

Lol No his name is going to be Plane.

RangerKing 04/12/08 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo (Post 30871)
But those seasons also had producers who really tried to fight the status quo. If Kalish is still under contract for next year, we'll see a 96% Go-onger translation, because all the stuff that made S.P.D. independent of Dekaranger was thanks to Greg Aronowitz.

True, but even small details from Sentai doesn't mean that it will translate to Power Rangers. I really think that the overall plot would change if it just doesn't work for the audience and if its hard to execute.