Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Power Rangers Ninja Steel: Episode 01 - "Return of the Prism" (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7714)

PRangerX 01/21/17 12:31 PM

Power Rangers Ninja Steel: Episode 01 - "Return of the Prism"

Discuss the premiere here. Always an exciting time of the year for PR fans.....

Captain Codfish 01/21/17 12:32 PM

Re: Power Rangers Ninja Steel: Episode 01 - "Return of the Prism"

A solid start. Nothing to complain about. The characters seem strong, so that's a good sign.

Goldar's Revenge 01/21/17 12:35 PM

I agree...Usually Power Rangers seasons are good if they start off with good characterization. Jungle Fury is a good example of this.

No Green Spandex 01/21/17 12:35 PM

Except for Theo who was a major pain in the ass.

Inner Senshi 01/21/17 12:36 PM

I loved it! Just as good as usual. I can't wait for the next episode.

MattEmily 01/21/17 02:45 PM

wow no comments about them recycling the Venjix and Mig suits?

Overdrive Omega 01/21/17 05:35 PM

I was surprised by that too. Pretty wierd.

Massive Ego 01/21/17 05:39 PM

I thought was horrible! But im not that surprised. Its par the course. At least I have the movie to look forward to.

Ninja Storm Fan 01/21/17 05:41 PM

Big disappointment...But anything short of Ninja Storm level quality would be mediocre to me. Today's episode was very bad. Its a shame since I had hope with the Ninja theme.

Spike Hart 01/21/17 05:43 PM

I loved the Bulk and Skull like characters. PR has been missing that since Samurai. And that was after years being without it as well.

MMPR Forever 01/21/17 05:46 PM

Interesting episode. Its the closest to MMPR I have seen in a long time. It still has ways to to go though. I love the new "Bulk and Skull".

PRangerX 01/22/17 12:52 PM

I thought it was a pretty interesting beginning. We got some good character moments and a good introduction to the Ninja Steel plot. Plus it left you wanting more. I admire their ability to get so much in since they only had 20 minutes or so without commericals. I like the sword in the stone type plot with the Rangers being able to get the stones out of the star. The idea of Brody being captured was interesting and makes you feel for the character. It also makes him a good underdog against the villains. I really like Sara and the new Blue Ranger. They already have good chemistry as friends. The new Bulk and Skull characters should be fine.

I did think things were a bit jarring. I mean Brody was captured for like ten years and seemed to be pretty well adjusted. And he suddenly escapes with his friends when the monsters conviently return the Earth. Plus it was pretty rushed how he meets the others and the quickly become Rangers. Friends who didn't seem as shocked as you would think. Especially when the concept of Power Rangers seemed foriegn to them. The villains are the real weakness so far. Just too generic and don't stand out. PR seems to work best with humanoid villains and not ones requiring VAs.

Captain Mutiny 01/22/17 12:56 PM

Not bad at all. My only fear is that they are too stuck with the Dino Charge Formula. The Ninja Stars replace the Energems and we seem to have another quest for an mugruffin. We even have another Red Ranger with a missing father. Only this time he also has a lost brother. The premiere had the same formate of the Dino Charge Premiere.

Rangerlord 01/22/17 01:01 PM

I'm worried were going to get another AU by the end of this. It seems like no one knows Power Rangers Exsist. Besides some ancient legend. And the new Ranger seems surprised at the name.

Cameron Sensei 01/22/17 01:04 PM

Ninja Storm had the urban legend line and created a lot of controversy with it. Yet it ended up being proven to be part of the regular PRU throught DinoThunder and the word of mouth from Doug Sloan.

Rangerlord 01/22/17 01:06 PM

I know. Its just we have got had quite a few AUs in recent years. With RPM and now Dino Charge. And thats not even counting the new movie. Which may not even be part of the PR multiverse.

mbozzo 01/22/17 04:01 PM

'Return Of The Prism' is a good way to start the series. We meet the first Red Ninja Steel Ranger in this episode. He seem to die after the fight with the 3 evil aliens. We also meet the 5 core rangers of this series in this episode, even if only 3 of them became rangers. After they did, they were able to defeat the Fearcat monster. It was a pity that he was cheated of becoming a giant. The story continued into the next episode. I can't wait to watch it. :cool:

Delta Black 01/22/17 06:14 PM

It did feel rushed with how fast everything happened..Brody was way too confident for someone in captivity and basically worked like a slave. I can't imagine he was allowd much Ninja training. aso it was weird how the other new Rangers just naturally followed him..At least Brody had some Ninja Training as a kid.

Superstatler 01/22/17 06:25 PM

Why did The villains even keep Brody? It had to be pretty evident he wasn't going to get them the ninja stars after being in captivity so long. Plus they had him doing janitorial work.

Space Hero 01/22/17 06:30 PM

I loved that the show started In space. But like dinoCharge it was a let down since its another Earth based series. Maybe it will all lead into next incarnation since it could be an incarnation of an actual Space Sentai.

No Space Spandex 01/22/17 06:34 PM

Hopefully they skip that Sentai. I don't mind if the villains are from Space. The whole season just needs to be Earth Based..

MattEmily 01/22/17 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Space Spandex (Post 63357)
Hopefully they skip that Sentai. I don't mind if the villains are from Space. The whole season just needs to be Earth Based..

the odds of them skipping Kyuranger (aka the Zodiac one the one that has at least 9 Rangers) are very slim since it was the first Sentai that got American involvement.
The odds of Zyuohger being skipped are very high because of that.

Space Hero 01/22/17 08:21 PM

Oops forgot the Space SentaI is actually two sentai's away. Hopefully they do skip the Z one. But I guess it would be worth the wait even if they didn't.

Ninja Steel Ranger 01/22/17 10:25 PM

It was amazing! It feels like this is going to be as good as Dino Charge was until the wierd finale.

Bandai Guy 01/22/17 10:50 PM

It was a good first episode. I think they intentionally left out the details and will show more later. They did the same thing with Dino Charge's premiere. I do think it was weird that Brody was captured for so long and it almost wasn't a big deal.

Storm Hater 01/23/17 12:31 AM

Much better than anything from this original NS so far. I can't say how I will like this society right until I see more episodes. I do like how the Rangers feel confident. No dumb Rangers like Shelby yet. The Bulk and Skull wannabees are lame though.

MattEmily 01/23/17 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm Hater (Post 63387)
Much better than anything from this original NS so far. I can't say how I will like this society right until I see more episodes. I do like how the Rangers feel confident. No dumb Rangers like Shelby yet. The Bulk and Skull wannabees are lame though.

that's hilarious. calling Shelby dumb yet she was smart enough to create a zord which isn't something we usually see and very few have actually acknowledged creating zords in the history of the series.

Let's go down the list shall we?
  1. Zordon, Alpha 5 and Billy
  2. Ninjor
  3. Miss Fairweather
  4. Tommy and Anton Mercer
  5. Kat Manx
  6. Andrew Hartford
  7. Dr. K
  8. Tensou
  9. Zenowing and Shelby

Zordon's Heroes 01/23/17 06:41 PM

The whole point of Shelby was that she was smarter than she seemed on the surface. Kendall was wrong about her. The gem merging with her was the first clue about her potential. Making this zord was definitely evidence of her intelligence and ability.

The latest episode was fine. I think we still have to wait and see. As has been said, there was a lot for them to get too. And thete is more to explain and let play out. Dino Charge started the same way ad ended up being good. Even thw wierd twist in the end didn't end up being bad.

Captain Codfish 01/23/17 07:16 PM

I really didn't like it because the episode was all over the place. Dino Charge handled its first episode much better We got no good feel for the characters s here. The villains came off off very poorly. Things happened for no reason and he whole story was jumbled. I just don't feel strongly about this episode.

Bratty Katty 01/23/17 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 63362)
the odds of them skipping Kyuranger (aka the Zodiac one the one that has at least 9 Rangers) are very slim since it was the first Sentai that got American involvement.
The odds of Zyuohger being skipped are very high because of that.

I hate it when they skip Sentais. They should at least go back at some point and do the ones they skip. I doubt they will since they haven't yet.

RJ Wolf Ranger 01/23/17 11:11 PM

I really liked Brody and the story-line of him being captured. It was cool to have him finally escape an become a Power Ranger. I really like Sara so far, even though we haven't had much time with her. She just seems interesting. The new Blue is hard to read but I don't hate him either. They left me wanting more at the end which is a good thing for first episodes.

fryguy81 01/24/17 01:44 PM

First episode was real good. An interesting start with the dad being a red ranger before Brody. I really was hoping the blue ranger would have that top hat while morphed.
Not entirely certain if hover boards are normal tech or if Sarah is just a genius engineer and why she's going to school instead of making a mint on her tech.

The monsters are pretty well designed and I nearly died from laughter when Galvanax hip-checked young Brody away from the prism.

It's nice to see Kelson again now in the role of Mick. He brings the old charm and the shape changing stuff really came out of nowhere but is ridiculous in a good way.

SPD Emergency 01/24/17 03:39 PM

I must admit to having an affection for Kelson's performances. They often steal the show. The only one I didn't like was Norg. But he didn't have much to work with there. Its good to see him close to human form.

Ninja Brody 01/24/17 09:03 PM

An Amazing beginning! It was bad ass how Brody survived captivity and got to escape to become a Ranger. I wonder what Aiden has been up to all these years?