Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Kamen Rider Online (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Could Saban Brands have the rights to Kamen Rider ? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=3282)

PRangerX 01/21/11 07:50 PM

Could Saban Brands have the rights to Kamen Rider ?

"Friend and Need" ( the MMPR/Masked Rider Team Up) never allowed to air in the US due to the fact that Saban/Disney didn't have the Kamen Rider rights anymore. But "Friend and Need" recently was shown on powerrangers.com. Which makes you wonder whether Saban Brands has the rights to Kamen Rider again?

Zabitan 01/21/11 07:58 PM

Re: Could Saban Brands have the rights to Kamen Rider ?

Probably could mean he just wanted to air that episode again, though that doesn't rule out he might do something with it again.

PRangerX 01/21/11 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabitan (Post 39172)
Probably could mean he just wanted to air that episode again, though that doesn't rule out he might do something with it again.

The thing is though...They couldn't air the episodes without permission from Toei. Thats why "Friend In Need" hasn't aired on US TV in years.

Kamen Rider Decade 01/22/11 03:03 AM

Internet may be different from tv.

Also it doesn't matter one iota. Until Saban does something new, nothing matters.

Digifiend 04/08/11 07:39 PM

They have Black RX (which means they may have reacquired Masked Rider from Disney) and Decade (for the Shinkenger team-up) I think. Adness had an option on the others, but I don't know if it's expired or not.

mbozzo 04/17/11 09:36 PM

After the lousy job Saban did with Masked Rider, I hope not. :eek:

Timefire 04/18/11 11:25 AM

You think they would ruin it again? OMG when they will learn from their mistakes?

Digifiend 04/21/11 08:23 PM

Masked Rider wasn't getting another season regardless, because Black RX had no successor at the time (this was several years before Kuuga). They didn't lose the rights because of how they adapted RX, they simply had no footage to continue with.

ciaranred 04/25/11 12:02 PM

I would love to see Kamen rider have another chance here in the west, i just don't think Hain will do it because of how bad dragon knight did rating wise, and btw i do want to see decade in samurai, even if its a Kameo, because thats my favorite rider.

Kamen Rider Decade 04/26/11 12:04 AM

Decade didn't show up in Shinkenger. DiEnd did though.