Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Hasbro To Aquire Power Rangers (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8688)

MattEmily 05/01/18 09:38 AM

Hasbro To Aquire Power Rangers

Hasbro has bought the Power Rangers franchise/property as a whole from Saban with the exception of the music.

https://www.powerrangersnow.com/hasb...r-522-million/

Omega Black 05/01/18 11:28 AM

Re: Surprising Announcement regarding Power Rangers

Wow I can't believe he actually sold. I figured we would get hold on to it forever once good he got it back.

PRangerX 05/01/18 11:33 AM

Re: Hasbro To Aquire Power Rangers

Very surprised it happened now. But I figured this was coming once it was mentioned Hasbro had an option to buy. But I figured it would be five to ten years down the line. It was impossible for Saban to own the franchise forever. PR was going to get sold again. Hasbro sounds like a better fit then Disney was when they purchased the brand. They definitely want PR.

Goldar's Revenge 05/01/18 11:37 AM

I wonder what this means for Morphicon, Boom Comics, and Hyperforce? Also will the writers go union? I expect preduction to remain in New Zealand unless Hasbro has a cheaper alternative.

Saban Fan 05/01/18 11:40 AM

No!!!!!This is a truely dark day for the franchise. I was hoping the Hasbro Option to buy thing was just a smokesscreen or at least wouldn't happen for long time. I can't believe Saban has given up his baby a second time, after he fought so hard to get it back. Without Saban in charge, PR is doomed. No one cares about that series as much as Haim.

Massive Ego 05/01/18 11:41 AM

I am all for new owners. As the series has been gsrabage for awhile now. I just hope this isn't a disappoint like when Saban Brands bought the series.

Sailor Saban 05/01/18 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saban Fan (Post 75893)
No!!!!!This is a truely dark day for the franchise. I was hoping the Hasbro Option to buy thing was just a smokesscreen or at least wouldn't happen for long time. I can't believe Saban has given up his baby a second time, after he fought so hard to get it back. Without Saban in charge, PR is doomed. No one cares about that series as much as Haim.

I would rather Saban still own the series too. But you have to believe part of the deal is that Haim will still be running day to day operations. Saban will continue to be the driving force behind the series. Hasbro isn't foolish enough to think they can do it without Saban, not like Disney.

Inner Senshi 05/01/18 11:43 AM

Maybe he can buy it back again if Hasbro does a bad job.

Superstatler 05/01/18 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Senshi (Post 75896)
Maybe he can buy it back again if Hasbro does a bad job.

Thats not usually how this works. Hasbro won't ever want to sell the ip itself. Whoever owns PR next will probaboy buy Hasbro itself.

Goldar's Revenge 05/01/18 07:42 PM

Yes, companies don't usually like to sell ip. Even if its not being used. Since if it succeeds with someone else. they look bad. We are lucky Disney was even willing to sell to Saban in the first place. Its unlikely this happens with Hasbro. Who aren't buying pr by accident and the show's toyline is related to a core part of its business! PR just didn't fit in Disney's profile at the time. Lets not forget that when Disney bought the franchise, they didn't own Marvel or Lucasfilm.