Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Question about "King Mondo's Last Stand" (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8447)

turbo409uk 08/06/03 11:53 AM

Question about "King Mondo's Last Stand"

For anyone that's seen OhRanger, was the SuperZeo Megazord Vs Mondo battle spliced together from two seperate fights?

ie. In some parts of the fight [pic3] the sky looks much brighter and it doesn't seem to be in the city ...

The Ripper 08/06/03 11:53 AM

Re: Question about "King Mondo's Last Stand"

I don't think anything was spliced dude.

RiDOptimusPrie 08/06/03 11:53 AM

Panel 3 looks to be American, because the rest is darker and grainer, which I have heard is a trademark of the Sentai footage back then.

MegaMatt 08/23/03 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ripper (Post 71605)

What happened in OhRanger was this:

In OhRanger, [Mondo] Bacchus-rage uses the sword to enlarge himself. OhRanger attempt to stop him with OhBlocker [Super Zeo Megazord] but they're unsuccesful. (Picture 3 doesn't look like it takes place in the city because it didn't)

Ohrangers undergo training for a special sword technique. After they've mastered it, they go back and fight Bacchus-rage again, this time they defeat him by slashing him with both swords combined, splitting him down the middle.

puperazzi 08/23/03 11:55 AM

Is that Machina and Sprocket in the bottom of the second frame? Because Sentai footage is grainy... But composited sentai footage is grainier!

Poweranimals 08/23/03 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puperazzi (Post 71608)
Is that Machina and Sprocket in the bottom of the second frame? Because Sentai footage is grainy... But composited sentai footage is grainier!

yes

turbo409uk 08/24/03 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puperazzi (Post 71608)

Not only is the Sentai footage grainy. My copies of the episodes are from the Fox Kids UK 1997 airings so they really aren't the best of quality.

Fox Kids recently re-aired "A Zeo Beginning" - "Do I know You?", then just stopped. But atleast it's more episodes than BoPR have aired so far.

Btw, MegaMatt, thanks for the info :)

GoldRanger 08/24/03 11:57 AM

I doubt they would put together different eps. to make a fight.

MattEmily 01/02/18 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo409uk (Post 71604)
For anyone that's seen OhRanger, was the SuperZeo Megazord Vs Mondo battle spliced together from two seperate fights?

ie. In some parts of the fight [pic3] the sky looks much brighter and it doesn't seem to be in the city ...

no it wasn't it was all from the same episode.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ripper (Post 71605)

that's correct.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldRanger (Post 71611)
I doubt they would put together different eps. to make a fight.

you don't know them very well do you?

Zeo Power 01/02/18 07:24 PM

This was such an epic fight in Zeo. I was totally surprised that Mondongot defeated. Of course I didn't realize he was coming back.