Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   "Clash of Red Rangers" issue (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6144)

SpidahMan 12/26/14 03:46 PM

"Clash of Red Rangers" issue

Wasn't there issues because Eka Darville was a union actor and Samurai was a non-union show? Which is why he used a pseudonym and they couldn't actually show his face.

Nebula Ranger 12/26/14 03:47 PM

Re: "Clash of Red Rangers" issue

Well yeah I get that real life writes the plot sometimes but it just seemed pointless doing a crossover if it was mostly with just one Ranger and that too as a suit actor. In fact, why didn't they use stock footage of the rest of the RPM cast?

They didn't need to make them say anything if they made Scott do most of the talking. They could've easily did it the same way as Legendary battle, the others just stand in the background and be dubbed over by extras when it comes to fighting grunts.

And didn't they manage to get Ari Boyland to voice Vulpes? Why not make him reprise his role as RPM Blue for a few lines even if he had to be morphed all the time? And they even managed to get Li Ming Hu for a voice over in Super Megaforce so it's not like it was completely out of the question to bring in a few more actors for adr.

This is another reason why I don't particularity like CotRR because of wasted potential. Not as much as Trakeena's Revenge or Legendary Battle but still.

AlwaysARanger 12/26/14 03:48 PM

Well yeah I get that real life writes the plot sometimes but it just seemed pointless doing a crossover if it was mostly with just one Ranger and that too as a suit actor. In fact, why didn't they use stock footage of the rest of the RPM cast?

They didn't need to make them say anything if they made Scott do most of the talking. They could've easily did it the same way as Legendary battle, the others just stand in the background and be dubbed over by extras when it comes to fighting grunts.

And didn't they manage to get Ari Boyland to voice Vulpes? Why not make him reprise his role as RPM Blue for a few lines even if he had to be morphed all the time? And they even managed to get Li Ming Hu for a voice over in Super Megaforce so it's not like it was completely out of the question to bring in a few more actors for adr.

This is another reason why I don't particularity like CotRR because of wasted potential. Not as much as Trakeena's Revenge or Legendary Battle but still.

MattEmily 02/20/15 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpidahMan (Post 50338)
Wasn't there issues because Eka Darville was a union actor and Samurai was a non-union show? Which is why he used a pseudonym and they couldn't actually show his face.

that wasn't the only reason since union actors can appear on non-union shows under the right circumstances since it's been done before in Power Rangers. I'm sure the main reason is because of Eka's contract with Fox for when he was on Terra Nova since Fox has a strict policy about union actors on their payroll working on non-union productions.

MattEmily 02/20/15 02:56 PM

Quote:

I agree that it was pointless with doing a crossover if it was just with mostly one Ranger and he was just suit-only. You have a point with using stock footage of the other Ranger Series Operators problem is you wouldn't be able to get away with scenes in which it's obvious that they're talking to either Scott, the villain or one of the Megaforce Rangers in the stock footage.

Quote:

Yes they did have Ari (Ranger Blue) voice Vulpes so it would've made a lot of sense to use him for the crossover so that we would have seen at least 2 Ranger Series Operators but I guess for whatever reason it just wasn't in the cards.

That's correct with Li even though it was just a minor role or at least more than 2 minor roles but whatever the case it would've made more sense to bring in more of the actors that played some of the other Ranger Series Operators but it's the Sentai snob that was responsible for handling it so what do you expect?

Usagi Reborn 02/20/15 09:46 PM

Its pretty stupid that they tried to do a team up with the old team practically gone. It was also a slap in the face to make RPM an AU. When it should have remained part of the PRU future. Since it led perfectly into the Time Force era. The RPM Red didn't even feel like Scott. He was just a guy in a suit. He was Omega Ranger bad.

PRangerX 02/20/15 09:50 PM

I didn't mind having RPM as an AU. I was actually pretty impressed that they brought up the issue. Since RPM really felt like a present day series during a world ending event. Or near future at most. So having RPM be an AU made sense. I don't mind one season being an AU if it has a radically different setting that doesn't jive well with the rest of the PRU.

I did agree it was weak to have a team up when you have one member of the old team just be a guy in a Ranger Suit.

Starlight Starbrite 02/20/15 09:52 PM

The team up could have been an interesting way of getting around not having the RPM cast. But it never really lived up to its potential. They could have really given the new Scott a personality and a big role to play. And he just came up flat. It felt more like a Samurai episode with some RPM shoehorned in. And those type of team ups usually are the weakiest.

Massive Ego 02/22/15 05:49 PM

I wish they didn't waste our time with this lame excuse for a team up. It was lazy and hastly put together. It was so cheap and insulting. It was just so insulting to me personally. I don't even call it a real team up

MattEmily 02/22/15 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Ego (Post 52358)
I wish they didn't waste our time with this lame excuse for a team up. It was lazy and hastly put together. It was so cheap and insulting. It was just so insulting to me personally. I don't even call it a real team up

I completely agree. It really shouldn't be considered a teamup since it was such an insult to those of us that are fans of RPM.