Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Which zords weren't destroyed? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7882)

Hellion01 11/04/11 10:04 AM

Re: Which zords weren't destroyed?

Thunder Megazord was one of the 10 megazords that was going to be in the battle against serpentera (if things went as planned). This means that Dark Thunder has to be cannon. Otherwise, the writters would have to come up with some explanation as to how it was repaired. It actually makes alot of since seeing that Amit did say Jason went to go retrieve his Coin/morpher from the Osamu (was that his name...?), thus giving him control of Red Dragon Thunderzord. If they were going to use it, i guess Jason mustve went to alpha and they found a way to remotely control and take control of the other thunder Zords.

johnboy3434 11/04/11 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellion01 (Post 66376)
Thunder Megazord was one of the 10 megazords that was going to be in the battle against serpentera (if things went as planned). This means that Dark Thunder has to be cannon.

Actually, it doesn't mean anything because that scene never made it to the finished product. If you consider "Dark Thunder" to be canon (only one "n"), then the Thunder Megazord could still have been destroyed in the unseen conclusion to the story. We simply don't know.

Juan Martinez 11/04/11 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raz (Post 66372)
I just watched it and saw that circle. It's hard to tell what it is on it. However, the two Megazords fought in the same footage in Rangers of Two Worlds later in the season, so he didn't dismantle the Zeo Zords. The Dino Zords got destroyed. The Dragonzord was sent back into the sea. The Thunderzords were blown up, but the pieces were all over. The Ninja Zords went back to Ninjor's temple as per Tommy's line in Alien Rangers of Aquitar or Zeo Beginning, can't remember which one. The Shogun Zords, not where they went.

Without assuming the dino zords were salvaged, however their power was used for the Thunder Zords, and the fate of the other zords, excluding the Billy dismantled the Dragonzord or the Shogun Zords (Both ancient weapons as per the lore), the only likely zords the power booster in Mondo's Last Stand came from would be the Thunder Zords or the Tiger Zord.

The one curious thing was about MMPR:TM. Ooze destroyed the Command Center, the rangers lost their powers and they had to go get new powers and zords. Did they have old zords before Ooze appeared? What happened to them?

I wondered this myself. It seems the comics (dark thunder and the zeo one) where all about bringing back all the old powers and zords. Its a shame none of them got off the ground.

Hellion01 11/05/11 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnboy3434 (Post 66377)
Actually, it doesn't mean anything because that scene never made it to the finished product. If you consider "Dark Thunder" to be canon (only one "n"), then the Thunder Megazord could still have been destroyed in the unseen conclusion to the story. We simply don't know.

Haha that doesn't seem likely since the ninja zords are technically stronger than the Thunder Megazord. Once Tommy connected the falcon zord to the ninja megazord...the Dark rangers split lol. But I getcha dude, it really does suck not knowing...but at the same time it is best to go with what seems logical you know?

Juan Martinez 11/05/11 10:04 AM

Question: If you consider Dark Thunder canon and the thunderzords could be brought back, could it seem it would fit more under the Movie universe instead of tv series? In the movie's, they never show what happened to the old zords.

johnboy3434 11/05/11 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan Martinez (Post 66380)
Question: If you consider Dark Thunder canon and the thunderzords could be brought back, could it seem it would fit more under the Movie universe instead of tv series? In the movie's, they never show what happened to the old zords.

The comics in general were clearly meant to follow (loosely) the events of the series. It's notable that Katherine is the Pink Ranger in the comic in question, not Kimberly. In one unique issue that actually was supposed to follow up on the movie, Kimberly was still part of the team and Mordant makes an appearance.

OmniMystechRanger 10/23/16 10:04 AM

So officially what zords were destroyed and survived causwe we should know an could someone rename this thread please? Plus whar about the zords from various comics what survived an what didn't? An should the various zords be rebuilt with new modes added an new weapons an such?

Digifiend 10/23/16 10:04 AM

Why bump up a five year old thread? There's nothing wrong with the thread name.

zjranger 10/23/16 10:04 AM

I guess we should update it now? I know Megaforce and Super Megaforce didn't have destroyed Zords from what I know (although really, it is more of the dullness of the story being the reason why it wasn't even a thing IMO).

PinkMystechRanger 10/23/16 10:04 AM

The Super Megaforce zords were destroyed.