Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   VR Troopers Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   How would Disney have done VR Troopers? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6087)

Disney Ranger 12/16/14 12:15 PM

How would Disney have done VR Troopers?

If Disney was was in charge, how would they have done VR Troopers?

Zabitan 12/16/14 04:09 PM

Re: How would Disney have done VR Troopers?

That's a good question since when Disney owned it they never really did anything with it.

My guess is maybe a lot of the same concepts and characters but with different names, and actors.

Alternatively they would have gone with the Cybertron idea or waited until Blue Swat was old enough, and use that but make the plot Blue Swat: the American version.

Disney Ranger 12/16/14 04:58 PM

I think they would have made it more fun and used younger characters. They would have stuck close to the original show though.

PRangerX 12/16/14 04:59 PM

Its a hard question to answer. Is this if they ran it during when it was on or if they brought it back when they owned the show?

Captain Codfish 12/16/14 05:07 PM

I don't think Disney was ever interested. And they wouldn't have thought to do it during he MMPR days. That was Saban Entertainment's niche.

MattEmily 12/16/14 05:25 PM

I personally could see Disney keeping it much closer to the Metal Heroes counterparts but which one they would have started with would be the question since very little of the suits remained. A lot of the B-Fighter suits had remained but otherwise that was pretty much it.

PRangerX 12/16/14 11:08 PM

Disney never fully understood PR. Adapting VR Troopers would have been something hard for them to get right or even want to do.

No Green Spandex 12/16/14 11:09 PM

Yeah even, if they adapted it it probably would have failed. They probably would have copied Metal Hero too much.

PRangerX 12/16/14 11:11 PM

Another thing that makes this question hard is not knowing who would run this. Could have been tottally different people in charge. Granted Disney's higher ups that controlled PR would persumably have pull.

Disney Ranger 12/16/14 11:17 PM

I think you guys arent givening Disney enough credit. They are a huge company. They would have found a way to get it right. Eddie just ruined things with PR. Disney wouldnt have let him touch VR.

And to answer the question, I was talking about when Disney owned PR. I know there would have been known reason for them to adapt Metal Hero in the MMPR years. Long before they thought of buying PR.