Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   If dino charge fails will that be the end for power rangers (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=5471)

Tgimme247 11/18/14 10:21 AM

If dino charge fails will that be the end for power rangers

After samurai and mega force's failure if dino charge fails will that be the end of power rangers.

Allio 12/26/14 03:00 PM

Re: If dino charge fails will that be the end for power rangers

It's no surprise that these last four years of Power ranger hasn't exactly....been everyone's cup of tea. As it seems right now, alot of people seem like they are pinning their final hope on Chip hoping he makes Power Rangers good again.

but here is a hypothetical question.

What if he can't? what would you do then? just keep on waiting, hoping the next season will be good? when would you fall into desp

Titanium321 12/26/14 03:06 PM

Nothing's going to happen. People will bitch and moan about anything, but ultimately you're still watching. It's not like the show is unwatchable, MF's issues mostly come down to not being good enough for longtime fans and aimed too much at the younger audience in quality, Samurai's problem was cut and pasting while also trying to aim too low and somehow recreating MMPR out of that.

Megaforce was already an improvement over Samurai. SMF over Megaforce. Before we get all doomsaying, let's just actually watch some of the show. Stop worrying about what you'll do or what someone else will do before the show even airs. That's just being a worry wart.

ballofomega 12/26/14 03:07 PM

The difference is that (unlike Tzachor's copy paste and alleged Iron Grip against those that opposed his copy/paste visions in the production room) Chip actually has a decent record behind him of producing/writing a decent product (In Space to Time Force, RPM) within the limitations the budget set by the higher ups.

The upcoming DC season most of the fandom will be able to identify which aspects of the show in the past four years were a 'higher-up' mandate from the Saban boardeoom (ie Ellie Dekel and Drysc) and which aspects were a Tzachor mandate. Making it easier for the fandom to identify which aspects are fail and 'who to point the finger' at.

Saying that, this thread reminds me of Saban's buy back, everyone was pumped for the product.. Until 'Tzachor' was mentioned as the 'new' EP at the time of buy back. From that point most people were saying that Samurai was going to suck before it started due to Tzachor's past history.

The 2nd Evil 12/26/14 03:09 PM

ou do know Tzachor was EP during that time frame, right?

As for Dino Charge, I've been lukewarm at best to just about everything revealed thus far, to the point I'm looking forward more to that Chinese Sentai like show more than Dino Charge, so I am going to just enjoy the ride, no matter how bumpy it may be.

Myzou 12/26/14 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titanium321 (Post 50324)
Nothing's going to happen. People will bitch and moan about anything, but ultimately you're still watching. It's not like the show is unwatchable, MF's issues mostly come down to not being good enough for longtime fans and aimed too much at the younger audience in quality, Samurai's problem was cut and pasting while also trying to aim too low and somehow recreating MMPR out of that.

Megaforce was already an improvement over Samurai. SMF over Megaforce. Before we get all doomsaying, let's just actually watch some of the show. Stop worrying about what you'll do or what someone else will do before the show even airs. That's just being a worry wart.

The difference here is a lot of people, including myself, really are giving it one last chance. They proved they can do an original (albeit terrible) storyline with Megaforce again. Now it's the matter of if they can actually manage a story that isn't just plain bad, with actual character development.

This may be a children's show, but Samurai and Megaforce have less character development than practically any other show for kids out there.

I know more about Doc McStuffins than I do any character on Samurai or Megaforce for Christ's sake.

I have zero issue stopping watching the show and sticking to sentai if it comes to that. At least they know how to tell a story with a show.

Captain Codfish 12/26/14 03:18 PM

It won't be the end of Power Rangers. If Dino Charge isn't good we will just get another season. Samurai and Megaforce weren't flops business wise anyway. As long as Saban is invested they will still keep going. And we have no reason to believe the company isn't. Fans might complain but a lot of them will still watch.

Zabitan 12/26/14 03:22 PM

Nickelodeon is only going to show 10 episodes a year, and skip Toqer, and Ninninger.

Also every episode will have at least four Kyoryuger episodes in it.

The writing is going to suck, the acting is going to suck, and the directing is going to suck.

The finale is just going to be Super Hero War Z with no explanation whatsoever for the unadapted Sentai Rangers, Kamen Riders, and Metal Heroes.

And they will still pay a few thousand dollars to get Brad Hawkins, TJ Roberts, Wesley Baker, and Stephen Lunsford for voice only cameos.

Everyone on this board hates you.

The cast and crew hate you.

Your friends and family members hate you.

Seriously though I don't know.

To be honest it's not really the seasons themselves as much as all of them being dragged out for two years.

Heck even Mystic Force, and Jungle Fury only lasted a year each, and I probably wouldn't have cared so much about Samurai if it was only one year, and the same is true of Megaforce if it was just the first season with Goseiger, and Gokaiger was a different story.

Then again everything I've heard, and seen seems pretty good or at least like it won't just be a checklist of Kyoryuger.

And if it is bad I just won't watch Dino Super Charge Electric Boogaloo Mother Funky Dollar Bill Stir l, and wait until whatever Toqger or Ninnger is going to be.

Turbo Guy 12/26/14 03:23 PM

Hopefully we get another car season soon. Its nice having dinosuars but I like the car seasons.

AkibaGold90 12/26/14 10:43 PM

For better or for worse, good or ill, Dino Charge is going to be one of the most important seasons in PR history. Not only will we know how much of the last 4 years we can lay at Tzachor's feet, but we'll get an idea how Saban Brands truly sees Power Rangers. After all, it's supposed to be a new direction for the franchise and what they didn't like, they'll get rid of. Change doesn't happen for no reason.