Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Unmorphed Powers In The Movie (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7391)

Captain Mutiny 10/09/16 10:34 AM

Unmorphed Powers In The Movie

This is a red flag in the movie teaser. Why do they get unmorphed powers? We already saw this in the disney seasons and it was a failed concept

MMPR Guy 10/09/16 10:43 AM

Re: Unmorphed Powers In The Movie

I don't like that either. The Power Rangers should only have powers when they morph. It was dumb when the Disney seasons did this.

Captain Codfish 10/09/16 10:49 AM

I actually like them here so far. Really makes it feel like a superhero origin movie.

Green With Envy 10/09/16 10:51 AM

Could it be..That the teens only use their costumes to hide their idenities here? Instead of giving them power?

MattEmily 10/09/16 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Mutiny (Post 58413)
This is a red flag in the movie teaser. Why do they get unmorphed powers? We already saw this in the disney seasons and it was a failed concept

It's likely a plot point in this case which is why I'm fine with it but generally I hate the use of civilian powers especially since we saw way too much of it in the Disney seasons.

Red Spandex Forever 10/09/16 05:11 PM

The only un-morphed powers that worked were in Ninja Storm and Jungle Fury. Since they were tied into their Ninja and Phat Zuai Powers.

MattEmily 10/09/16 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Spandex Forever (Post 58434)
The only un-morphed powers that worked were in Ninja Storm and Jungle Fury. Since they were tied into their Ninja and Phat Zuai Powers.

I didn't have too much of a problem with Dino Thunder or S.P.D. having them in fact it was a cool plot point with S.P.D. especially realizing after the fact that 6 had civilian powers because of an incident in S.P.D. and all 6 had became Rangers. I did have a problem with Overdrive having civilian powers though.

Red Spandex Forever 10/09/16 05:57 PM

What don't you like about Overdrive? How is it any different?

Massive Ego 10/09/16 05:59 PM

It was beyond dumb that Hartford mutated them and they just agreed. I hate SPD too but at least their powers were by accident. Due to their dumb parents.

PRangerX 10/09/16 06:11 PM

That caught my eye too. Forgot to mention in the post about the trailer. Normally I am against un-morphed powers. But I am intrigued by what the movie is doing here and want to see exactly how they make this work.

MattEmily 10/09/16 07:55 PM

while I'm not going to be as harsh as Massive Ego usually is I do have to agree that the civilian powers that Overdrive Rangers were given were pretty much entirely pointless and not a smart move since they were just given civilian powers just to be given powers there's no reason for it.

Ninja Storm's powers came from their training and they could access them morphed or unmorphed, Dino Thunder's powers came from them bonding to their gems but could only access them unmorphed, S.P.D's powers came from an incident within the organization but could only access them unmorphed and Jungle Fury's powers were because of their training and they were powers that they could access whether they were morphed or not.

Ginger Snap 10/09/16 08:04 PM

I never minded the civilian powers. Since the first seasons I watched after MMPR were those seasons. And I saw MMPR when I was very young. Until I went back and watched all the old stuff and re-watched MMPR.

I do think its odd to see the Rangers so powerful without the suits in the teaser. They were never quite that powerful on the show.

Power Sentai 10/12/16 11:07 PM

Normally I don't like unmorphed powers. But there could be more to it.

Power Rangers Forever 10/12/16 11:09 PM

I don't think the Rangers have unmorphed Powers in the same sense as the Disney seasons. I think they just have their Ranger Powers at all times and only use the suits to hide their idenities.