Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Why did Zedd and Rita abandon Thrax? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7765)

Super Cena 02/12/17 10:08 AM

Why did Zedd and Rita abandon Thrax?

Why didn't they take care of him. Especially when they turned good. They should have tried to stoo him from becoming evil.

Rita's Pita 02/12/17 10:13 AM

Re: Why did Zedd and Rita abandon Thrax?

I think Rita hid him from Zedd when she was evil. She never wanted to have kids with Zedd and rejected Thrax. When she became good Trax was already trapped in the past.

Polly Want A Megazord 02/12/17 12:47 PM

It was very odd how Thrax was supposed to be to son of Rita and Zedd...Yet he was supposed to be trapped in a dumpster since the Dinosuar Era.

Captain Codfish 02/13/17 09:19 PM

Thrax did seem like he was abandoned. Its possible he could have been a monster who thought he was the son of Rita and Zedd. But they never really explained themselves with this one. And the amount of backstory they gave him only makes it more confusing.

Roman Ranger 02/13/17 09:31 PM

I think Thrax just rather have thought that his parents were dead once they were purified.

Inner Senshi 02/13/17 09:42 PM

Thrax was just around off screen and went back in time at some point after the Space Rangers won the war against the bad guys. I don't like to think about it too much.

Raging Phoenix 02/14/17 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polly Want A Megazord (Post 64181)
It was very odd how Thrax was supposed to be to son of Rita and Zedd...Yet he was supposed to be trapped in a dumpster since the Dinosuar Era.

Well, we do know Rita came out of the dumpster one year before Zedd arrived. At that time it seemed he was already her superior, which means it's likely he was already her superior before she was put in the dumpster, which was 10 thousand years before she was released. Now, of course dinosaurs go back way before then, but I'm not sure that's true for the Power Rangers universe as well. And even if it does, it might be Rita and Zedd have known each other since the time of the dinosaurs. I don't recall everything said in those episode exactly, but it could be Thrax was a child out of wedlock from back then, which means it wasn't because of love either, or their love had been lost long since. It could be Rita and Zedd were in some kind of relationship when they were very young, but then grew apart when Zedd got promoted to her superior, as a lot can happen in millions of years.

PRangerX 02/14/17 05:56 PM

I used to wonder that too. People seemed to disagree with me. But with all that time it wouldn't surprise menl if that was the fase. After all millions of years is a long time.

Massive Ego 02/14/17 10:12 PM

Thrax was just another case of the writers not givening a damn.

Rangerlord 02/14/17 10:13 PM

I don't like big violations of continuity like we got with Thrax.