Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Unmorphed Powers In The Movie (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7391)

Captain Mutiny 10/09/16 10:34 AM

Unmorphed Powers In The Movie

This is a red flag in the movie teaser. Why do they get unmorphed powers? We already saw this in the disney seasons and it was a failed concept

MMPR Guy 10/09/16 10:43 AM

Re: Unmorphed Powers In The Movie

I don't like that either. The Power Rangers should only have powers when they morph. It was dumb when the Disney seasons did this.

Captain Codfish 10/09/16 10:49 AM

I actually like them here so far. Really makes it feel like a superhero origin movie.

Green With Envy 10/09/16 10:51 AM

Could it be..That the teens only use their costumes to hide their idenities here? Instead of giving them power?

MattEmily 10/09/16 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Mutiny (Post 58413)
This is a red flag in the movie teaser. Why do they get unmorphed powers? We already saw this in the disney seasons and it was a failed concept

It's likely a plot point in this case which is why I'm fine with it but generally I hate the use of civilian powers especially since we saw way too much of it in the Disney seasons.

Red Spandex Forever 10/09/16 05:11 PM

The only un-morphed powers that worked were in Ninja Storm and Jungle Fury. Since they were tied into their Ninja and Phat Zuai Powers.

MattEmily 10/09/16 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Spandex Forever (Post 58434)
The only un-morphed powers that worked were in Ninja Storm and Jungle Fury. Since they were tied into their Ninja and Phat Zuai Powers.

I didn't have too much of a problem with Dino Thunder or S.P.D. having them in fact it was a cool plot point with S.P.D. especially realizing after the fact that 6 had civilian powers because of an incident in S.P.D. and all 6 had became Rangers. I did have a problem with Overdrive having civilian powers though.

Red Spandex Forever 10/09/16 05:57 PM

What don't you like about Overdrive? How is it any different?

Massive Ego 10/09/16 05:59 PM

It was beyond dumb that Hartford mutated them and they just agreed. I hate SPD too but at least their powers were by accident. Due to their dumb parents.

PRangerX 10/09/16 06:11 PM

That caught my eye too. Forgot to mention in the post about the trailer. Normally I am against un-morphed powers. But I am intrigued by what the movie is doing here and want to see exactly how they make this work.