Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Shurikenger - Why is he popular? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=5101)

Kamen Rider IWA 10/28/14 04:33 PM

Shurikenger - Why is he popular?

I have to say: I like every sixth/extra ranger in Sentai with exception of Shurikenger from Hurricanger. While any other extra member can have its own promlems, I never understood why the hell this guy is so popular?

What can you say about him? All of his faces are actors, who were in Sentai before. Ok. But what about the character himself? He is not just boring, he's freaking bland. There is literally nothing to say about him, just like about Hurricanger. Yet, both he and his season are freaking popluar to the point they even got their own 10 years after special. Shurikenger is shown as 'cool and perfect" guy, who is superior in everything, despite being simply the worst Sentai character imaginable. This is the worst example of Mary Sue ever.

So, why is he so popular?

MattEmily 11/14/14 02:21 PM

Re: Shurikenger - Why is he popular?

I don't believe the character himself is popular but rather his story and his disguise gimmick.

MattEmily 12/04/17 10:48 PM

another thing I think is because of his cathphrase that he says in English

Kaitlin Steele 12/09/17 09:01 PM

Because he is so mysterious?

MattEmily 12/09/17 09:37 PM

that too

Tzachor Era 12/10/17 09:00 AM

Tzachor would have done the different Ranger thing instead of Cam as Green Samurai.

MattEmily 12/10/17 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tzachor Era (Post 70187)
Tzachor would have done the different Ranger thing instead of Cam as Green Samurai.

I don't think he would have since that would've cost a ton of money.

JenAndAlex 12/10/17 06:03 PM

He doesn't seem popular to me. Cam was much better. The whole idea of him not having an idenity and using different actors was stupid.

Time Force Rules 12/11/17 10:19 AM

I agree with his mysteriousness. Also having former Sentai Actors play his temp human forms made him more interesting. I do think the explanation was a little week.

Green Legend 12/11/17 10:33 AM

He is almost like Sentai' s version of Phantom Ranger.