Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Zedd and goldar made less scary (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7976)

Shamir 07/21/17 06:28 PM

Zedd and goldar made less scary

Hello , where can find picture where zedd and goldar the original way they looked until some parents said he was two scary and changed him

MattEmily 07/22/17 12:33 AM

Re: Zedd and goldar made less scary

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shamir (Post 66906)
Hello , where can find picture where zedd and goldar the original way they looked until some parents said he was two scary and changed him

Zedd's costume was always the same it was just his persona that scared kids.
Goldar was never seen as being scary his suit changes were made because the Zyuranger suit was badly made. Originally Toei made suits in a horrible way so that they wouldn't last for very long it's why they had so many problems with having original monster fights in the first 2 seasons a lot of the suits just fell apart. The only surviving part that was known to exist from King Sphinx for example was his head and in the case of Scorpina's Monster Form it would've been her tail and at least 1 of her boots.
Also since the Goldar suit was falling apart Power Rangers thought they should re-design the head since the Zyuranger head wasn't made for talking since his Zyuranger counterpart really didn't do much talking it was mostly just noises.

Diabolico Rising 07/22/17 02:40 PM

I honestly found Zedd simply Menacing in "Mutiny". He was never scary and only got more goofy afterwards. Goldar was actually more threatening in the first half of season 1. But never outright scary.

Inner Senshi 07/22/17 02:42 PM

I only remember the Zedd suit changing in the original movie. I am glad they toned down his season 2 character . Since it was scaring the kids. Which isn't good flr a kids show.

Massive Ego 07/22/17 02:43 PM

Zedd was pretty awesome in his debut. Its too bad they had to tone him down by the time Rita returned.

Kimmy Repulsa 07/22/17 02:45 PM

I don't know... I really liked Zedd and Rita as a couple.

MattEmily 07/22/17 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diabolico Rising (Post 66911)
I honestly found Zedd simply Menacing in "Mutiny". He was never scary and only got more goofy afterwards. Goldar was actually more threatening in the first half of season 1. But never outright scary.

no doubt but I never saw Goldar as being that scary to begin with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Senshi (Post 66912)
I only remember the Zedd suit changing in the original movie. I am glad they toned down his season 2 character . Since it was scaring the kids. Which isn't good flr a kids show.

Exactly with the Zedd suit the only time it was different was in the '95 movie and that was because 20th Century Fox wanted to use higher budget stuff in fact there was once a time when they didn't even want the TV cast to be on board but Saban rejected this idea.

I wasn't happy with the toning down of the character.

Diabolico Rising 07/22/17 02:54 PM

I think most people think of Zedd in"Mutiny" when they talk about him as a bad ass. Possible movie sequels would be able to portray Zedd like this.

Captain Codfish 08/14/17 04:36 PM

Zedd did get marginalized after awhile. Especially in season 3 when he became a glorified sitcom dad that just happened to be evil.

Dic Dubber 08/14/17 04:37 PM

I think Zedd was awesome! I wish we got more of him in the Zeo-Space. I am glad he got purfied in Space though.