Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   How would you have handled Megaforce? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=5156)

MattEmily 10/30/14 06:22 PM

How would you have handled Megaforce?

This means that you could do whatever you wanted with Megaforce but you still had to work within the realms of their budget.

I personally would have started out with the Insectoids being a faction of The Dark Armada but with Vrak as the Commander of the Insectoids due to him being powerful enough and because his Dad is the Emperor and his Dad prefers him over his other son.

Gosei would have been there and same with Tensou.

Gosei would've told them that Vrak's attack on the planet is the start of their mission. Part 1 of their mission is to stop the Armada from attacking. Part 2 is they need to search for powerful artifacts that were linked to previous teams in case the Armada leadership begins an assault on their planet.

For MMPR = the link would be Saba.
MMAR = it'd be one of their Blasters.
Zeo = Golden Power Staff.
Turbo = Turbo R.A.M.
Space = Spiral Saber Booster Mode
Galaxy = Magna Sword
Lightspeed = Titanium Morpher
Time Force = Chrono Morpher
Wild Force = Red Belt Buckle
Ninja Storm = Thunder Staff
Dino Thunder = Brachio Staff
S.P.D = Delta Blaster
Mystic Force = Laser Lamp
Overdrive = Zip Shooter
Jungle Fury = Bo
RPM = Nitro Blaster
Samurai = Lauren's Samuraizer

MMPR Supreme 11/21/16 02:09 PM

Re: How would you have handled Megaforce?

I liked the way Megaforce started out. It had a real MMPR feel. I felt like they got away from it after while and missed out in some opertunities. I would have tried to keep the tone of the early episodes theoughout the entire series. Robonight would have been a himan Ranger. Gosei would have been the son of Zordon.

Samurai Forever 11/21/16 02:11 PM

I would have done it as Power Rangers Samurai Force and continued with the Samurai Rangers and new Space Nighloks.

Massive Ego 11/21/16 05:31 PM

Hire better writers to write storylines and characters that aren't stupid. They should have had an original villain that had a better backstory. The Rangers needed far more depth. Robo Knight was stupid and needed to be written tottally different.

Lightspeed Zeo 11/21/16 05:34 PM

Instead of being a watered down version of MMPR I would have done my own thing. Megaforce would have been a military organizations with young adults. Gosei would have been anlncomputer program masking the real head of Megaforce. Much like Doctor K in the beginning of RPM. At the end Gosei would really be Tommy, who would give the Rangers their Super Megaforce powers.

MMPR Forever 11/21/16 05:37 PM

I would have made it a soft MMPR reboot. Only the original MMPR seasons woumd be in continuity. They tried to be MMPR like but they just didn't get the job done.

Sentai Is Forever 11/21/16 05:38 PM

Megaforce wasn't a terrible representation of the Sentai. I would have done with out all the MMPR call backs. Super Megaforce should have been an entirely different team and season.

Mega Mission 11/21/16 05:42 PM

I would have actually kept Megaforce going with the Dino Charge Powers.

Knight Wolf 11/21/16 09:02 PM

Megaforce was actually ok. Super Megaforce was just poorly done. The anniversary elements felt tacked on. And it just didn't flow as well as Megaforce. I think they should have done a few more cameos that were a bit longer.

Spike Hart 11/21/16 09:08 PM

I actually thought it was pretty decent. The characters were likeable and it had a retro MMPR feel. "Legendary Battle" was pretty rushed though. I did like the international version better.