Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Did it seem random that Black Condor died in Jetman? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6094)

Sentai Master 12/18/14 05:19 PM

Did it seem random that Black Condor died in Jetman?

It seems wierd to me that Gai Yuki got killed off so randomly in Jetman. I mean he didn't even die saving the worked. He just randomly got killed chasing a mugger, long after the Jetman saved the world. Seems kinda random to kill him off so randomly at the end. Its like they wanted to shoehorn in some drama. It seems pretty rare for Sentai to do this to one of its Rangers.

Sentai Is Forever 12/18/14 07:04 PM

Re: Did it seem random that Black Condor died in Jetman?

I really liked that part actually. It made a nice dramatic end to the series. It was surprising but it worked. It was something thats not commonly done and not really done now. And really I dont expect something like that to happen again.

But don't forget Burai. He is the only other major death that I can think of.

Sentai Master 12/18/14 07:06 PM

I know. But Burai's death was part of the main plot. It wasn't an after thought it the finalie.

MMPR Forever 12/18/14 07:08 PM

I don't like the idea of Rangers dying. I'm glad MMPR didn't have Tommy die. Its far too depressing for Power Rangers. And if I was big Super Sentai plan, I would say the same thing about characters dying in that franchise too.

Willow 12/18/14 07:14 PM

I always thought that was a little wierd when I first read about it. Never had a chance to watch Jetman. But it does seem out of left field.

Byron Stinger 12/18/14 08:06 PM

I would have rather him die in the final than after chasing some mugger. A little too soap oprah for me.

The Burai storyline was perfect and made a lot of sense. It added to the overal story. It really completed Geki's own arch.

Captain Codfish 12/18/14 08:08 PM

Kinda stupid for him to die like that..I.agree with you guys, Burai's death was so much better.

VR Master 12/18/14 08:11 PM

Wow didn't even know Black Condor died? Especially not that way! I always thought Burai was the only Sentai hero to die. I don't really know what to think. On one hand itn adds some surprise drama. But on the other, it would make more sense to kiill him off due to Ranger stuff.

Kelly Power 12/18/14 08:13 PM

I thought it was fine. Clearly just something they wanted to do to surprise everyone and add a touch of excitement. Not a bad thing to try. Pretty cool that its very rare. And seldom happened like that.

Captain Codfish 12/18/14 08:15 PM

Yeah, but shocking people doesn't mean good. It came off like such an after thought. If they did something like that now everyone would be pissed.

PRangerX 12/18/14 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMPR Forever (Post 49876)
I don't like the idea of Rangers dying. I'm glad MMPR didn't have Tommy die. Its far too depressing for Power Rangers. And if I was big Super Sentai plan, I would say the same thing about characters dying in that franchise too.

There were rumors that it was actually considered by Tzachor and some of the crew back then. But it was early on and never something written or in the formal planning stages. So it was never close to happening. I don't think Fox would have let them.

MMPR Forever 12/18/14 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 49883)
There were rumors that it was actually considered by Tzachor and some of the crew back then. But it was early on and never something written or in the formal planning stages. So it was never close to happening. I don't think Fox would have let them.

So glad it didn't happen. Would have made no sense at all. It would have ruined MMPR and the franchise would be dead now. Leave the death to Sentai if you must have it.

Sentai Is Forever 12/18/14 08:22 PM

Wow thanks for posting guys! Its nice to have some activity here. Good thread Sentai Master.

Sentai Master 12/18/14 08:23 PM

Thanks, glad so many people have responded.

MattEmily 12/18/14 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMPR Forever (Post 49884)
So glad it didn't happen. Would have made no sense at all. It would have ruined MMPR and the franchise would be dead now. Leave the death to Sentai if you must have it.

same here but technically death still does happen in Power Rangers. Zordon and the Magna Defender are good examples of this same with Zika Magna Defender's son.

Niella also died because of her using the full extent of the Gatekeeper powers.
Master Mao died.
We had at least two deaths during RPM with Summer's Butler and Scott's brother.

Sailor Danger 12/18/14 10:43 PM

They were able to do that because most of those were non human characters. And in Mao's case he continued to live on as a spirit.

MMPR Forever 12/18/14 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 49890)
same here but technically death still does happen in Power Rangers. Zordon and the Magna Defender are good examples of this same with Zika Magna Defender's son.

Niella also died because of her using the full extent of the Gatekeeper powers.
Master Mao died.
We had at least two deaths during RPM with Summer's Butler and Scott's brother.

Thats one of the reasons I only like MMPR. I hated that they had so many deaths. Especially Zordon. Thats one of the reasons I only want MMPR canon. So Zordon can still be alive.

PRangerX 12/18/14 10:51 PM

I'm fine with death in Power Rangers if it makes sense. I dont think they will ever kill off a Ranger. The closet we will get is Alex's "death". Zordon's made perfect sense. He sacrificed himself to save the Universe. There needed to be a consequence to the Z Wave or it would have meant nothing. I would never want this removed from Canon.

Sailor Chaos 12/19/14 04:39 PM

Didn't all the TimeRangers except Red die?

PRangerX 12/19/14 04:42 PM

Well Timefire died. So he is a good example to add to the list. The others didn't really die. History was changed so they faded from existance in front of Red. He than ran into lookalikes of his teammates.

Sentai Is Forever 12/19/14 04:45 PM

Can't believe I forgot to mention that. I thought timeranger was bueatiful. It was so tragic to see Yuri and the others fade away just as she admited her love for TimeRed. And of course , Timefire's death was very sad. Too bad they couldn't have Eric get killed off too. It was lame that he just broke his arm in the end. Another example why Sentai ia always better. Even when PR tries a to be like it.

MMPR Forever 12/19/14 04:47 PM

Why didn't Timered fade from existance too?

Sentai Master 12/19/14 04:49 PM

He was from the present like Wes was in Time Force. His existance continued in the new timeline. It was wierd that Time Yellow's baby didn't fade away. But I guess that would have been too cruel. And was put it for narative closure.

I like Sentai but I think PR can be just as good. They would never have been able to kill off Eric anyway. Eric was fine as his own character.

Sentai Is Forever 12/20/14 12:21 PM

I would have loved it if Tommy died like Braui. I'd have so much more respect for MMPR if they did that.

No Green Spandex 12/20/14 12:23 PM

Would have saved us from Tommy taking over the show. I probably would have actually liked Tommy if they went that route. Too bad they were obssessed with treating him like a god.

Sailor Kitty 12/20/14 04:38 PM

No way guys! Tommy dying would have killed the franchise. Tommy was the franchise and still is in some ways.