Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   How did Jayden have Symbol Power? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7706)

Chef Mia 01/18/17 12:42 PM

How did Jayden have Symbol Power?

If he was adopted and not the true Red Ranger, how did he have symbol power?

Powermaster 01/18/17 12:43 PM

Re: How did Jayden have Symbol Power?

It did seem odd. Since the Rangers all came from families that had the power for generations. Yet Jayden and Antonio have it too.

Captain Mutiny 01/18/17 12:45 PM

The fact that Antonio was around actually sets up that normal people can become Samurais. So when Jayden's secret is revealed its already been shown to be possible for Jayden to be a Samurai.

Sentai Is Forever 01/18/17 12:47 PM

I just really applaud them for following the Sentai. I am glad they didn't change things up with some kind of misguided original storyline.

MattEmily 01/18/17 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef Mia (Post 63198)
If he was adopted and not he true Red Ranger, how did he have symbol power?

no one ever said he was adopted he was part of the national blood family it's just he wasn't the next in line to receive the Red Ranger powers.

Samurai Forever 01/18/17 05:14 PM

Good point. Antonio could have come from one of he families too and didn't know it.

Samurai Gigazord 01/18/17 05:18 PM

I don't like that. Antonio was cool because he became a Ranger on his own despite not having the birthright. I think a lot of people could do it if they had he proper training.

Captain Mutiny 01/18/17 06:59 PM

Can't believe I forgot to mention that Jayden wasn't adopted. I was focused on my Antonio point.

Yellow Fan Forever 01/18/17 10:28 PM

We know the younger siblings can use the Symbol power since Emily took over for her sister.

Ninja Storm Fan 01/18/17 11:06 PM

Its like the Ninja Storm Powers were all you have to do is train to use the power.

Jungle Master 01/18/17 11:08 PM

Jungle Fury was the same way and is an natural connection to Samurai.

Ranger Master 01/21/17 05:54 PM

The Samari Clan pretended to only be able to do the symbols to maintain power and prestige. The reality is almost anyone could be a Samurai with the proper training. And even learn how to do symbol power well.

Chef Mia 01/21/17 05:56 PM

Oh I always though t it was implied Jayden was adopted and thats why he felt like he couldn't measure up. But I guess I was wrong and he was just the youngest. It is impressive that he was so good thiugh. Being he youngest and all.

MattEmily 01/22/17 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef Mia (Post 63267)
Oh I always though t it was implied Jayden was adopted and thats why he felt like he couldn't measure up. But I guess I was wrong and he was just the youngest. It is impressive that he was so good thiugh. Being he youngest and all.

exactly he was just the youngest and because of which he didn't need to train as much since his Dad was fighting the Nighlok when he was little and since his Dad came up with that plan involving his 2 kids Lauren had to train extra harder to the point where she likely didn't have any kind of a life so that she could master the Sealing Symbol. Jayden tried to train as hard as possible once he became a Ranger but as much as he could train he wasn't taught the Sealing Symbol so he likely overcompensated because of that.

Yellow Fan Forever 01/22/17 05:32 PM

I'm surprised they didn't have Emily and Jayden get together. Since they were both younger brothers or sisters and had a lot to live up to.

Red Spandex Forever 01/22/17 05:33 PM

I know, especially since the Red Rangers always get the girls.

Delta Black 01/22/17 05:37 PM

Red Rangers aren't supposed to be the stars of the show. Its about five Rangers or how many Rangers a season has. I am glad Jayden and Emily weren't a thing. It made sense for her and Mike to have a thing. Even if it was followed up on poorly.

Blue Ranger Gone Bad 01/22/17 05:58 PM

Just because two characters have similar backstories , it doesn't mean they have to be in a relationship.

Storm Hater 01/23/17 12:33 AM

Jayden worked hard and earned his place as Samurai Red Ranger. Despite his lack of birthright. Which is far different than those lame Wind Rangers. Who just had everything handed to them.

MattEmily 01/23/17 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellow Fan Forever (Post 63217)
We know the younger siblings can use the Symbol power since Emily took over for her sister.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Storm Fan (Post 63220)
Its like the Ninja Storm Powers were all you have to do is train to use the power.

and remember Symbol Powers aren't exclusive to trained samurai. Remember the little kid that helped with awakening the wild Bullzord?

Zordon's Heroes 01/23/17 06:22 PM

Isn't he still a Samurai though? His family were a Samurai Family that guarded the Bullzord. They couldn't fight since the Bullzord was trapped.

Bandai Guy 01/23/17 06:47 PM

Its likely that they Kid will be a Samurai Ranger is new Nighloks ever rise up to threaten Earth.

Kimberly Cares 01/23/17 07:04 PM

That would be pretty cool. He would sound better without the dub voice.

MattEmily 12/05/17 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zordon's Heroes (Post 63441)
Isn't he still a Samurai though? His family were a Samurai Family that guarded the Bullzord. They couldn't fight since the Bullzord was trapped.

don't know if he'd be seen as a Samurai since his family were Samurai's Guardians

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimberly Cares (Post 63452)
That would be pretty cool. He would sound better without the dub voice.

maybe he would maybe he wouldn't we don't know how he truly sounds like

Itzy Bitzy Carter 12/05/17 06:10 PM

I could see the kid becoming a Samurai. Antonio became one with no Samurai background. And the kid already bonded with the Bull Zord in a way no one could.

MattEmily 12/05/17 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 69864)
don't know if he'd be seen as a Samurai since his family were Samurai's Guardians

maybe he would maybe he wouldn't we don't know how he truly sounds like

and he wouldn't have sounded good since he couldn't even speak our language.

Ranger Black 12/05/17 08:03 PM

They must have had good reason to dub the kid.

MattEmily 12/05/17 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger Black (Post 69906)
They must have had good reason to dub the kid.

not even being able to speak English would've been as good of reason as any.

Hayley Oliver 12/05/17 10:29 PM

Why couldn't the kid speak English?

MattEmily 12/05/17 10:36 PM

probably was from another country

Samurai Forever 12/06/17 08:24 AM

I always thought Jayden was adopted and that waa the problem. Never thought that Lauren was his blood relative fpr whatever reason. I can't believe I didn't think of that.

Lightspeed Zeo 12/06/17 11:33 AM

I thought that waa going to be the case too but they were siblings.

Dimension Ranger 12/09/17 08:11 PM

Its funny how the other siblings with power didn't join the team anyway. Wouldn't it be better with a whole army of Samurai's ?

Astro Omega 12/09/17 08:11 PM

Mia 's brother could have been the first male Pink Ranger.

MattEmily 12/09/17 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimension Ranger (Post 70142)
Its funny how the other siblings with power didn't join the team anyway. Wouldn't it be better with a whole army of Samurai's ?

can't be a Ranger without having a Morpher for all we know there's only so much Morphers in existence

Sentai Is Forever 12/09/17 08:29 PM

I am glad they tried to stick with the Sentai Storyline fairly closely with the two Reds

MattEmily 12/09/17 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever (Post 70151)
I am glad they tried to stick with the Sentai Storyline fairly closely with the two Reds

and look how much of a fatal disaster it was it's one of the most hated seasons

Calamity Kimberly 12/10/17 08:48 AM

I like Lauren but I wish she had her own color.