Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Bruce Kalish needs to come back (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8378)

Kalish Ranger 12/19/17 11:27 AM

Bruce Kalish needs to come back

He did a great job with reinventing Power Rangers. Saban Brands should hire him back.

MattEmily 12/19/17 01:24 PM

Re: Brue Kalish needs to come back

he's an union writer they don't hire union writers so that won't be happening

PRangerX 12/19/17 05:59 PM

I think his run on the show has past. But never say never . I would rather have Lynn remain in charge personally.

Tzachor Era 12/19/17 06:00 PM

He was okay but not as good as Tzachor.

MattEmily 12/19/17 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 70788)
I think his run on the show has past. But never say never . I would rather have Lynn remain in charge personally.

in this case we can say "never" since while Disney's Power Rangers was non-union they had hired union writers. Saban isn't going to hire union writers. Chip is a special exception to the rule.

Diabolico Rising 12/19/17 10:01 PM

Re: Bruce Kalish needs to come back

I am sure he is a fine TV writer. But I was never a huge fan of his work on the actual series. I don't see him wanting to go backwards and come back even if there wasn't the union issue. Just because he moved on.

Byron Stinger 12/19/17 10:05 PM

I don't see why this needs to happen. Especially with Lynn in control.

Disney Ranger 12/19/17 10:06 PM

Kalish did great work and really did things the Disney way. I don't think he would come back unless Disney took control.

Bridge's Brigade 12/19/17 11:29 PM

He did a good job. But I agree its not likely he will work on the series again.

MattEmily 12/20/17 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 70791)
in this case we can say "never" since while Disney's Power Rangers was non-union they had hired union writers. Saban isn't going to hire union writers. Chip is a special exception to the rule.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge's Brigade (Post 70822)
He did a good job. But I agree its not likely he will work on the series again.

yea he won't. Kalish isn't going to work on a show if they don't hire union writers I thought Chip was an union writer but he isn't.

We saw Ann Austen credited for 1 ep but that was just 1 ep and we don't know what she did but she is an union writer... actually she was credited for another ep too.

Marc Handler and James W. Bates were 2 others that were union writers and they're no longer with the crew so obviously they want to just stick to a non-union crew

A Gia To Remember 12/20/17 11:29 AM

It doesn't sound kike any union writer will ever come back then.

RPM Fan 12/20/17 11:30 AM

Thats a shame because I think Eddie needs to come back.

Maligore 12/20/17 11:38 AM

I'm surprised Disney wasn't too cheap to use union writers in the first place.

MattEmily 12/20/17 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maligore (Post 70852)
I'm surprised Disney wasn't too cheap to use union writers in the first place.

I think they use union writers for all of their shows so they were just trying to keep things consistent

Calamity Kimberly 12/20/17 07:13 PM

I donr think he is coming back either.

Fanboy Supreme 12/20/17 08:18 PM

Saban Brands better consult me first.

MattEmily 12/20/17 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanboy Supreme (Post 70898)
Saban Brands better consult me first.

no one cares about you or what your opinions are

No Green Spandex 12/20/17 08:45 PM

Would he really even want to come back? Wasn't the fandom pretty harsh to him?

Captain Mutiny 12/20/17 10:35 PM

He's not coming back. Nor is Saban Brands likely to want him.

Massive Ego 12/20/17 11:05 PM

He isn't the answer! PR was crap under him too.

PRangerX 12/21/17 08:27 AM

I remember back when people used to trash him for his work. I would say one thing defending him or trying to be level headed and suddenly I was a Kalish Lover lol. The fandom seems to have softened up a lot about him since then.

MattEmily 12/21/17 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 70965)
I remember back when people used to trash him for his work. I would say one thing defending him or trying to be level headed and suddenly I was a Kalish Lover lol. The fandom seems to have softened up a lot about him since then.

that's because he finally got the picture that he wasn't hired to be Tzachor Jr.

Goldar's Revenge 12/21/17 11:25 AM

Kalish had no understanding of Power Ranges going in and was led to believe it was just a close adaption of Sentai. But he waw a good writer and a nice guy. He was nice enough to expose Jack Olesker at RB, even after he was off the series.

Tzachor Era 12/21/17 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 70966)
that's because he finally got the picture that he wasn't hired to be Tzachor Jr.

There is only one Jonathon Tzachor , few can come cose to measuring up. He is the mastermind behind PR's greatness.

Sentai Is Forever 12/21/17 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tzachor Era (Post 70975)
There is only one Jonathon Tzachor , few can come cose to measuring up. He is the mastermind behind PR's greatness.

Agreed, no one understood the true role of American Sentai more than him. are Kalish was write to try and continue where he left off. The fans gave him unneeded critism.

MattEmily 12/21/17 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever (Post 70976)
Agreed, no one understood the true role of American Sentai more than him. are Kalish was write to try and continue where he left off. The fans gave him unneeded critism.

it was warranted criticism you may want Power Rangers to be a copy-and-paste of Sentai but others don't so the criticism wasn't unneeded

I don't know why you can't comprehend by now that you already have Sentai why do you need another product matching what was already done? That's just utterly ridiculous to be wanting that since you already have it there's no good reason to be re-creating the show identical to what Toei did.

Gosei Gold 12/21/17 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 70984)
it was warranted criticism you may want Power Rangers to be a copy-and-paste of Sentai but others don't so the criticism wasn't unneeded

I don't know why you can't comprehend by now that you already have Sentai why do you need another product matching what was already done? That's just utterly ridiculous to be wanting that since you already have it there's no good reason to be re-creating the show identical to what Toei did.

Wasn't Haim Saban's whole idea to shoot American Scenes to splice together with the Sentai Action? I don't think he meant to actually bring the exact Sentai Season over verbatium.

MattEmily 12/21/17 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gosei Gold (Post 70986)
Wasn't Haim Saban's whole idea to shoot American Scenes to splice together with the Sentai Action? I don't think he meant to actually bring the exact Sentai Season over verbatium.

yes that was his exact idea

Sentai Snob 12/21/17 07:09 PM

Thankfully Tzachor was around to make sure American Sentai stayed close to Super Sentai. Since Saban's original idea was silly.

Tzachor Era 12/21/17 07:16 PM

But Tzachor wasn't all about Sentai. He did original seasons like Space and Galaxy.

MattEmily 12/21/17 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Snob (Post 70994)
Thankfully Tzachor was around to make sure American Sentai stayed close to Super Sentai. Since Saban's original idea was silly.

no the idea that's silly and utterly ridiculous is making Power Rangers an exact copy of Sentai.

No Green Spandex 12/22/17 05:19 PM

Yeah its silly to use existing action footage and shoot civlian scenes more specific to your region. Thats what you don't do when you are exporting a product from the east. A show like that would never last 25 years.

Blank Ranger 12/24/17 10:13 AM

Judd Lynn is likely to run the production for years to come.

Super Rad 12/24/17 05:25 PM

Not a a big fan. But his work on the show is much less worst than what we have had since the Saban Brands era.