Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Ranger Black (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7768)

Goldar's Revenge 02/19/17 07:26 PM

Re: Ranger Black

Killing people off screen is not the same as killing them on screen. Mao died but took on a spirit form. Cole's parents died due to a special circumstance like Marcus, Andrews, and "Ranger Black" would have been. Marcus and Andrews most likely wouldn't have happened in most other seasons. Neither would "Ranger Black". Almost assuredly. Eddie almost got away with pr creative's version of murder. And as I have said, I am glad "Ranger Black" didn't happen. Its just scary how close it was. It would have been close to franchise destroying.

Inner Senshi 02/19/17 07:31 PM

It would have been terrible if Dillion ended up being a sleeper Venjix. It would have ruined RPM. Which was already too dark in lot of places.

Disney Ranger 02/19/17 07:35 PM

I agree with Matt. Disney may have let Eddie have more leeway than normal..But I don't see them allowing "Ranger Black". It would go against everything Disney stands for. Its probably part of the reason why Eddie was dismissed.

Massive Ego 02/20/17 01:39 PM

One again Disney takes all the fun out of Power Rangers. Too bad Saban Brands has. been just as bad.

Uncle Steve 02/27/17 08:48 AM

Its just too dark for Power Rangers. Perhaps the concept could have been adapted where Dillion could still be saved. Even if his life was a fake, it didn't mean he couldn't choose his own destiny.

Horror Ranger 02/27/17 09:33 PM

This would have been such an awesome idea! It is just the kind of dark scary stuff I want Power Rangers to do.

RJ Wolf Ranger 02/27/17 09:34 PM

The whole thing sounds weird to me. If I didn't know better I would say it was a hoax. But I know it isn't. Its just how odd the idea sounds. Its for the best that Judd took over and we got the ending we got.

Goldar's Revenge 02/27/17 09:36 PM

It was potentially franchise destroying. It would have been a total jump the shark moment at best.

Captain Mutiny 02/27/17 09:37 PM

I wouldn't have liked it either. But I don't think it would have been franchise destroying. It would have been forgotten once Saban Brands brought the show back. And we know RPM is supposed to be a AU. It would have ruined the season but not the series.

Continuity Ranger 02/27/17 09:39 PM

I don't like the ending either. But I also didn't like Judd's ending. The cliffhanger is unacceptable. And then making RPM another dimension in Samurai?