Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Justin A Ranger (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8333)

Miki1988 12/16/17 02:05 PM

Re: Justin A Ranger

Rocky's actor wanted out because he had trouble with his back, so Saban decided it should be written into the show. And - sure. They wrote in the Steve's back problems as Rocky falling out of the ring and hurting his back in T:APRM. Then they made Black Foster go under a hospital bed in the Turbo movie, making Justin find out who the Rangers were.

Steve didn't appear in Zeo's final episode either - we only get to see a morphed version of Zeo Ranger III in "Good as Gold".

It was basically because of easy writing why we've had a Kid Ranger for a season. And a movie.

Anyway, I had no problem with Justin, really. He was kind of cool. But - in-story: someone had to receive a HUGE paycheck and (at least) a dinner in order to allow Power Rangers to have a kid on their team.

A Gia To Remember 12/16/17 05:40 PM

He was ok. It wouldn't be my first choice to have a kid Ranger though.

Goldar's Revenge 12/16/17 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miki1988 (Post 70467)
Rocky's actor wanted out because he had trouble with his back, so Saban decided it should be written into the show. And - sure. They wrote in the Steve's back problems as Rocky falling out of the ring and hurting his back in T:APRM. Then they made Black Foster go under a hospital bed in the Turbo movie, making Justin find out who the Rangers were.

Steve didn't appear in Zeo's final episode either - we only get to see a morphed version of Zeo Ranger III in "Good as Gold".

It was basically because of easy writing why we've had a Kid Ranger for a season. And a movie.

Anyway, I had no problem with Justin, really. He was kind of cool. But - in-story: someone had to receive a HUGE paycheck and (at least) a dinner in order to allow Power Rangers to have a kid on their team.

Justin wasn't a tough sell really. As Shulki figured they would capitalize on the success of Big Bad Beetleborgs.

A Gia To Remember 12/16/17 05:43 PM

I can't argue with that reasoning.

Astro Omega 12/18/17 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miki1988 (Post 70467)

I just wish they replaced him with a high school kid instead. I mean a regular teenager not kid Justin, who was conveniently a genius.

A Gia To Remember 12/18/17 12:28 PM

Its like they forgot it was Power Rangers and not Big Bad Beetleborgs lol.

Zeo Power 12/18/17 12:37 PM

Its a shame Steve was having real back issues. Because his presence in Turbo was sorely missed. As annoying as he was in MMPR, the Rocky character really was an underrated highlight of Zeo. This is becaise the writers took the character from being a Jason Clone to being his own character. Steve's performance in Zeo was perfect.