Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers Modern Archives (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   "Welcome to the Jungle" - The Official Jungle Fury Discussion Talkback (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=2635)

DaiOzzyTM 05/25/08 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K. Steel (Post 31263)
I wasnt a fan of Part 2.

The cheesy trials completely ruined it. How would facing those lame childhood fears teach them the techniques of the new animals spirits?

It was really rushed too.

I don't understand the villians motivations anymore either. It's almost like theyre trying to lose on purpose.

I duno about the villain thing as thats power rangers for you and thats how most of us like it, its the lack of detail it has and just shows the pure good and evil with lots of kicking ass :p I did feel the fears thing was abit strange but you could see it from the perspective that they are CHILDHOOD fears and its strange how those can unlock fears but for trhis kinda trial you are right in that it is notn suitable

PowerOnyx 05/26/08 10:52 PM

Seriously, I'd prefer Disney use this style for ever episode they make of Power Rangers. (And the writers who worked on this episode should be the only ones used.)

It was awesome! Master Swoop is my fave! Still like Master Phant. These guys rock!

PowerOnyx 05/26/08 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo (Post 31059)
I'll take that over the ridiculously reminded "Twist the yoga mat! Fix the chair!" training sequence Casey did.

Reminded me of Karate Kid actually. RJ- Mister Miyagi and Casey-Daniel san.
It was a good feeling. "Wax on! Wax off!"

PrimoPiccolo 05/27/08 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerOnyx
Reminded me of Karate Kid actually. RJ- Mister Miyagi and Casey-Daniel san.

The training sequence itself wasn't what bothered me. It was that after RJ had FULLY explained everything he taught Casey, Casey then fights Buffalord and flashes back to everything he learned all over again. They were just beating it into our heads at that point.

orangefury 05/27/08 04:34 PM

Part 2 made no sense to me...
how does fighting a your fear of spiders make you more eligible to save the world??
*scratches head*
but none-the-less
the master mode was awesome.

DarkBlaze 05/27/08 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangefury (Post 31342)
Part 2 made no sense to me...
how does fighting a your fear of spiders make you more eligible to save the world??
*scratches head*
but none-the-less
the master mode was awesome.

It's not so much that it made no sense. The fact that this is a Martial Arts themed series may have impacted Pt.2. As I said, a simple tactic of physical strength, speed, and stealth would have been more enjoyable, and at the same realistic. "Fighting your own fear" has been done to death, but it's message continues to be an ongoing theme for PR.

DarkBlaze 05/27/08 08:13 PM

Jungle Fury Feedback: Bad to the Bone

http://disney.go.com/dxd/index.html?channel=16953&

Outside the US: http://a.dolimg.com/media/en-US/dxd/...x700_31fps.swf

The episode isn't working right now, but it is up. By the way, you have to select the show from the video player, it's not in the Power Picks. Then the episode will show up. Once it works that is.

Sakura3 05/31/08 07:58 PM

I saw this on ABC today.

This episode was really pretty solid but actually to counter , Jarrod was taken back in time to 3 points in his past and each time he became more evil by the trip and that's because when you change the past and that person makes a differant choice that's how Jarrod became evil. By making the wrong decisions.

masked rider fearon 06/01/08 12:55 AM

the story lines to this series is to much like the super sentai series gekirangers, not that it is a bad thing.
both series are different in there own way.

masked rider fearon 06/01/08 02:10 AM

If this follows gekiranger then there should be 5
red, blue, yellow, purple, white
also in some epsiodes of gekiranger they join forces with 2 from
the evil jyuken aku gata
i.e green , lion/black