PDA

View Full Version : Should Time Force have been a full time travel season?

Ranger Hero
06/28/20, 06:22 PM
I saw this mentioned in the Space to Lightspeed thread. Would Time Force have been better as a Time Travel Series?

Goldar's Revenge
06/28/20, 06:24 PM
As I mentioned in that thread, I wish that had been the case. But it wasn't in the cards. It probably would have been too hard to produce and too costly. The best we got was Movie Madness.

VR Master
06/28/20, 06:25 PM
I don't know . I wouldn't have wanted a whole season of Movie Madness. Plus it would have been hard to have the Rangers going from Time Period to Time Period and having to adjust every episode. How do you incorporate the Sentai Footage?

PRangerX
06/28/20, 06:27 PM
I think the only way it would have worked would be if there main base was in 2001. So Force of The Future still happens. You would just have more episodes where they go to other eras. Perhaps Ransik decides he needs to start trying to conquer other eras. Since the Rangers followed him to 2001. You could have the mutants return to the present somehow for the zord battles. Some episodes could take place in 2001. This way you could keep most of the storylines and avoid some of the unnecessarily Sentai Heavy episodes some critics denounce.

Goldar's Revenge
06/28/20, 06:29 PM
Yes, that probably is the best way to do it. This way that top notch first ten episodes are still in intact. And perhaps you could continue the momentum better with the Time Travel episodes. I don't think a whole season of Time Travel would have been as silly as Movie Madness. That was just one comedy episode.

Phantom Stranger
06/28/20, 06:29 PM
The problem with Movie Madness is that it didn't fit the rest of the season. It was too much of a comedy and Ransik acted out of character.

Time Force Traitor
06/28/20, 06:32 PM
But at least you had the wierd movie dimension excuse. Nadiera's Dream Date was far worse and that was done entirely in the real world. Ransik acted far more off the wall in that episode. And out of character besides being over protective of Nadiera. Ransik tried to kill Alex. I don't think he would be just another angry girlfriend's dad, like he was in the episode. Plus it was silly that Lucas would go through with the date. It just didn't fit the writing of the season.

Lovestruck Rangers was a far better comedy episode. It was understated enough to still be realistic for the characters to act like they did. And there was the love spell nature to explain the guys acting strange.

WesJen
06/28/20, 06:34 PM
At least they paid off the Nadiera/Lucas friendship in Wild Force. Don't know if they actually became Boyfriend or Girlfriend though.

MMPR Storm
06/28/20, 06:35 PM
At least Movie Madness and Nadiera's Dream Date were fun. Time Force just wasn't a fun seasons otherwise.

Dustin Dude
06/28/20, 06:53 PM
Ninja Storm and DinoThunder had a great mix of adventure and fun. I think the characters were also more relateable to the target audience.

Space Crazy
06/28/20, 06:55 PM
I think a Time Travel season would have been awesome. Even if some episodes had to take place in 2001.

Space Seasons
06/28/20, 06:56 PM
I would have rather seen them go back to Space. They could have had the season be Space Force instead.

Space Crazy
06/28/20, 06:57 PM
That would have been cool too.

MMPR Forever
06/29/20, 07:23 PM
No but it should have been a full MMPR Season

Sentai Snob
06/29/20, 07:25 PM
Timeranger wasn't a time travel Super Sentai. It would have been foolish to mesh with the source material. This was the the point where American Sentai started to finally get with the program and probably translate Sentai. Much better then they did anyway.

Massive Ego
06/29/20, 07:26 PM
Ninja Storm and DinoThunder had a great mix of adventure and fun. I think the characters were also more relateable to the target audience.

I had so much fun I wanted to destroy my tv. Sorry but those seasons started a downward trend that almost ruined the franchise for me.

Mistress Rita
06/30/20, 07:52 PM
Movie Madness should have been a five part time traveling mini series.

Zordon Unlimited
06/30/20, 08:22 PM
I don't think they had to have anymore Time Travel.

Putty On The Brain
07/01/20, 08:46 AM
I think it would have been too expensive.

Miki1988
07/02/20, 11:20 AM
Time Force is fine as is. It would be far too expensive to produce and make it as a time-travel season, especially if it would involve past team making cameo appereances in both flashback scenes and new original scenes. Ranger suits, perhaps even Zord/Megazord suits would have to be re-made and a lot of original footage filmed. Not to mention that there would be a necessity to bring certain cast members back and some, perhaps would decline the participation (Danny Slavin comes to mind here, since he just barely made it for Forever Red).

Gosei Great
07/02/20, 12:03 PM
I think they mean going to different time periods in history. Not the history of the show. But your right, both ideas would have been expensive.

Grimlord's Vengeance
07/05/20, 09:34 AM
I would have liked to see some episodes in 2001 and some episodes in different time periods. Well more then we got. Space did the same thing. Since they spent time in Space and had episodes set in Angel Grove.