PDA

View Full Version : Tommy as Space Blue

True Blue
01/09/17, 04:38 PM
If the orginal Turbos became Space Rangers would Tommy have become Space Blue?

Powermaster
01/09/17, 04:42 PM
I can't see them making Tommy Blue. Andros would have been more or a psuedo mentor who ends up becoming Silver Ranger.

Hexagon Ranger
01/09/17, 05:51 PM
Its possible PRU wise but real world wise doubtful. I think JDF wanted to leave during Turbo.

No Green Spandex
01/09/17, 06:21 PM
I agree they never would have gone this route. But this would have been awesome. Tone down Tommy and make him just another Ranger so someone like Andros could get focus. At least Tommy was actually written out before Space. So they weren't tempted to make him Red again.

Digimon Ranger
01/09/17, 08:56 PM
This would have been the best way to go. As much as I like the Space Rangers. It is interesting to think how Andros would have interacted with the old team.

Megatron
01/09/17, 09:09 PM
The dynamic would have been totally different with the veterans. Not only did Andros know more than the Space Rangers but was likely a Ranger longer. That wouldn't be the case with the first Turbos. It would be odd for Tommy to be taking orders from Andros. Space actually worked better with the second Turbo Team.

Captain Codfish
01/09/17, 09:18 PM
It definitely would have been an interesting dynamic. But I don't see it getting to that point either. Space was always going to have a fresher cast. I think JDF would have left after Turbo at the latest.

Ninja Kat
01/09/17, 09:29 PM
I just can't picture Tommy as Blue. But Kat as Space Pink sounds interesting.

Forever Pink
01/09/17, 09:57 PM
Tommy could still be cool as Blue. Just like TJ was after being Red.

Crazy Ranger
01/09/17, 10:04 PM
Why not? Tommy is not better than the whole team. He would step down and let Andros lead if it was for the good of the team and the mission. Tommy was not the leader because he wanted power and glory. He did it because he was asked to.

Jen's Revenge
01/09/17, 10:37 PM
If the originals were the Space Rangers than Tommy as Blue makes so much sense. If JDF still wanted to leave it could be part of phasing him out anyway. He would just stay for at least another season.

Destiny Defeated
01/09/17, 10:54 PM
The Space Rangers were fine just the way they are. As nice as it would have been to have the older Turbos finish out there run In Space and be there in "Countdown", it was probably for the best. Perhaps they played some sort of role as Zeo's off screen.

Darth Malik
01/09/17, 11:10 PM
I have no problem with Tommy as Space Blue. And it would make a lot of sense.

Todd Oliver
01/10/17, 12:45 PM
I can't see Tommy taking a step back and becoming Blue.

Kameron Poe
01/10/17, 12:48 PM
It was time for Tommy tk live during Turbo. They ran out or ideas with him.

Astronema
01/11/17, 07:20 PM
I think Andros would have been.an ally turned Silver Rranger.

Call Titanus
01/12/17, 12:23 PM
I think the show started to get silly when they introduced the Space Theme. I am glad Tommy never got mixed up in this.

I Love Lothor
01/12/17, 12:29 PM
I did like some of the comedy episodes Space had. The overall storyline was bland.

MMPR Forever
01/13/17, 10:52 PM
I.just can't see.Tommy as a Blue Ranger.

Space Hero
01/13/17, 10:54 PM
Space is where Power Rangers got good and is the best season ( tied with Galaxy). I wouldn't want Tommy as Space Blue..Since thats TJ's Powers..

Turbo Guy
01/13/17, 10:57 PM
I would have rather Justin have been Space Blue.

PRangerX
01/15/17, 08:22 PM
As sad as I was when Turbo had its cast change, I loved how it worked out with Space. Its still fun to speculate how the old team would have worked out. I agree with the likely outcome of Andros being Silver.

Digimon Ranger
01/16/17, 12:54 PM
This would have been interesting. But the Space Rangers were always going to be new Rangers once the cast change was decided for them middle of Turbo.

Kameron Poe
01/16/17, 06:56 PM
Tommy was never going to be in PRIS. JDF was always leaving during Turbo. He almost left after Zeo.

PRangerX
01/16/17, 06:57 PM
I wonder if Jason would have been retained if that happened?

Wesley Smallings
01/16/17, 07:26 PM
Tommy probably would have still be a team player as Blue. Wes would have pitched a fit if he came back as Wild Force Blue.

Quantum Hunter
01/16/17, 07:29 PM
I think both characters would be team players. I don't see how either aren't good Rangers. Both wrre certainly dedicated to their teams. Wes was not a whiner.

Mystic Magic
01/16/17, 07:37 PM
The Original Rangers should have a stayed to finish off the Zordon era. But thats on the writers for not planning far ahead enough.

Wild Force Rider
01/17/17, 11:27 AM
Wes as Wild Force Blue would have been terrible. I agree he was a winer and pretty unlikeable. Max was so awesome as Wild Blue. So why retcon him out?

Zordon's Legacy
01/17/17, 11:49 PM
Tommy would have been fine as Blue. It would have been time to let someone like Andros take the focus. They already downplayed Tommy in Turbo to focus on Justin.

Ashley Andros
01/18/17, 12:06 AM
I don't think Space would have been the same if the old cast stuck around. The Space Rangers were unique and helped make the season.