PDA

View Full Version : Zedd's Power Candles

Rita's Pita
12/26/16, 02:05 PM
Zedd used the Green Candle to recreate replica ones for the other Rangers. With the intention of draining their own powers like Tommy's. Until Jason rescues the team and destorys the candles.

How is this possible if the Green Candle was created from Wax Rita made Tommy touch while he was under her control. How could Zedd use it to make candles that were able to drain the others?

MattEmily
12/26/16, 03:20 PM
I believe Rita wasn't as powerful so she needed wax that Tommy touched in order to start the spell whereas Zedd was more powerful so he didn't necessary need such wax.

A Gia To Remember
12/26/16, 03:58 PM
It was a huge plothole apparently.

KimandTommy
12/26/16, 06:21 PM
I was so nervous Kim was going to lose her powers. I was already crushed when I thought Tommy was gone for good.

Cassidy Casablancas
12/26/16, 09:55 PM
It didn't make sense. I think they just did it for a good Jason episode.

Decepticon
12/26/16, 10:07 PM
They should have did something where the the candles would have caused the Rangers to be lost in between demensions. That would have made more sense.

Mesagog Lives
12/27/16, 10:07 AM
I never saw that episode. I did find a way to watch "Green Candle". And this does seem to contradict this.

Jungle Fury Master
12/27/16, 10:49 AM
The idea that Zedd was more powerful than Rita makes the most sense here. Its likely it was only something that could only be done once. And opened the door for Tommy to get his powers back someday. Which we see in Megaforce.

Trakeena's Revenge
12/27/16, 02:02 PM
Who knows if the candles would have worked properly. They would have still done significant damage to the Rangers.

Gold Ranger In Danger
12/27/16, 02:21 PM
Perhaps they only drained the powers and wouldn't allow Zedd to have them. Also the Rangers needed to be in the demension to be drained. While Tommy didn't, as it only made the Green Powers drain faster inside the dimension.

Red Lightstar Ranger
12/27/16, 02:36 PM
Zedd probably had some magic that Rita didn't have. But it wasn't something he could do more than once.

Astronema
12/28/16, 12:36 AM
The candles would have drained the Rangers Powers but they wouldn't have gone to Zedd. They would have just disappeared.

PRangerX
12/28/16, 12:49 AM
This seemed to easy for me as well. There had to be some catch or limitation. But then again Zedd had all kinds of abilities to drain Tommy's powers that Rita never had. So perhaps it was because he had more power, like as already been mentioned.

Forever Jason
12/31/16, 12:18 AM
It was a great Jason episode. Its kinda sad because it was his last focus episode before Austin originally left the show.

VR Master
12/31/16, 12:23 AM
I just liked the action and the suspense in that episode.

Vypra's Monster
12/31/16, 11:57 AM
The Green Candle was one powerful item if it could do all that.

Roman Ranger
12/31/16, 12:09 PM
Lord Zedd must have got the Rangers to touch something off screen.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed
01/02/17, 08:58 PM
Zordon allowed Zedd to get his hands on the necessary material so he could test Jason. Of course Zedd didn't know that the candles wouldn't work. Zordon made sure of this so he could free the Rangers himself. Regardless if Jason succeeded or not. Of course Jason still failed the test since he showed he wouldn't blindly follow Zordon and had issues with letting things go. Zordon had already decided to demote him and this led to his decision to get rid of him via the peace conference. That is if he didn't die in "The Power Transfer" quest.