PDA

View Full Version : Billy should have been written off

Ultra Mega
11/21/16, 01:54 PM
I know this is probably a unpopular opinion. But once they decided to make him a side character in Zeo , he had no real role on the show. He started to become an extraneous character. I know there were a lot of behind the scenes reasons for why he left. But I think it was for the best storywise. Since the Bilky character had become stagnant.

Tommy Angel
11/21/16, 01:58 PM
Billy was awesome! And they just did the incredible arch with him leading the kid Rangers. There was so much more to be done with Billy. We never even found out his secret project. He should have remained a Zeo Ranger.

MMPR Supreme
11/21/16, 01:59 PM
It was a big mistake to remove Billy as a Ranger and an even bigger one to write him off the show. Especially when he could have replaced Rocky for Turbo.

KimandTommy
11/21/16, 02:01 PM
Billy was a great character. I wish he could have stayed around longer.

Ultra Mega
11/21/16, 05:27 PM
Billy was awesome! And they just did the incredible arch with him leading the kid Rangers. There was so much more to be done with Billy. We never even found out his secret project. He should have remained a Zeo Ranger.

He was...Its just the character's time on the show had run its course. It happened to everyone, even Tommy.

MMPR Forever
11/21/16, 05:45 PM
I disagree all the MMPR characters should have been kept around longer tthan they were.

Captain Mutiny
11/21/16, 05:46 PM
They probably would have if they could but other circumstances arose in a lot of those cases.

Maligore
11/21/16, 05:51 PM
Saban was too cheap to keep the originals together

Astronema
11/21/16, 05:52 PM
It all worked out for the best since we got the Space Rangers in the end.

Space Seasons
11/21/16, 05:53 PM
I agree, thats when Power Rangers truly became great.The original seasons weren't that good.

Knight Wolf
11/21/16, 08:52 PM
Billy could have easily continued on. It was all behind the scenes issues. No one has to leave. All the cast changes had reasons for them. Either people wanted to leave or quit.

Spike Hart
11/21/16, 09:18 PM
I always assumed he was leaving the show after they seemed to slowly phase him out during Zeo. Losing his powers really tipped me off and then he was around less and less. Once the Gold Powers didn't work on him I knew he was leaving. I was surprised later to learn his departure was abrupt and not planned. Aside from the fact they had to have an older actor play Billy. Don't know why that didn't tip me off. But I do think Yost would have left the show at some point anyway.

Mystic Ranger
11/21/16, 09:31 PM
I wish they could have found a way to bring Yost back for the Turbo series. He would have been able to replace Rocky instead by Justin.

Super Zeo Omega
11/22/16, 05:59 PM
I would say the opposite. Billy was being underused in Zeo and shouldn't have been written off.

Doctor Dana
11/22/16, 08:28 PM
It wasn't something they planned ahead of time. It just happened because Yost decided to leave. I don't know why they demoted the character on the show. I guess it was just a numbers game.

Disney Ranger
11/28/16, 09:16 PM
Disney would have kept Disney around.

Power Sentai
11/28/16, 10:42 PM
It was a problem they were bound to run into eventually with someone. Power Rangers wasn't going to be able to keep Six Rangers all year long. Since the Sentai just didn't do that. Toei would have had to do Sentai teams that always started with Six. Someone was going to be the odd one out in Zeo.