PDA

View Full Version : Too Much Pink Power

Mastadon Ranger
09/27/16, 10:45 PM
What do you think Zordon meant in the Wild West episode...When he said too much Pink Power would be no good?

MattEmily
09/28/16, 06:20 PM
What do you think Zordon meant in the Wild West episode...When he said too much Pink Power would be no good?

basically that Kimberly using her Power Coin and someone else using a Power Coin like hers would be too much so there would be an overload type of situation with their powers much like what we saw in Dino Thunder with Trent and the evil clone the grid couldn't sustain the identical energies of basically the same Ranger so if something wasn't done then the constant overload glitches could've destroyed both of them.

No Green Spandex
09/30/16, 11:51 PM
Its funny how DT gives us a reason for this in the White Ranger episodes.

MMPR Forever
09/30/16, 11:52 PM
Who did Kimberly think she was going to give it to anyway?

Green Saba
09/30/16, 11:55 PM
She already meant the ancestors to her friends so it probably wasn't a stretch to think her ancestor was around. We saw how she did arrive in town in the end.

MMPR Guy
10/02/16, 11:59 AM
She was probaboy just asking about it. Maybe she wasn't sure about her current coin working. Since it didn't work in the 1700s.

Goldar's Revenge
10/02/16, 12:02 PM
Matt's exactly right. There would have been too much strain on the grid to have two Pink Rangers. And there was no need for another Pink with Kim. Her ancestor hadn't arrived yet and brining her up to speed would have been tough. At least the other ancestors meant Kim.

Zordon Unlimited
10/02/16, 12:09 PM
Both coins could have coexisted for one battle. It took multiple battles before it became unsustainable for Trent and the clone. I think it was more there was really no need for another Pink Ranger. And there was no clear canidate for one. It wasn't worth the time to look for one. Plus Zordon figured the grid overlord point put not using it over the top.

Goldar's Revenge
10/02/16, 05:23 PM
Still would have been too dangerous. Trent and his clone were lucky. Plus its not like the DT Rangers had a choice. Zordon did.

Samurai Mentor
10/03/16, 07:18 PM
Yeah, using two coins with the same power would have been a potentiall disaster. Due to the Morphing Grid and time paradox issues. It was bad enough they were givening the coins to Rookie Rangers.

Destiny Defeated
10/03/16, 07:19 PM
Good point about the time paradox. We could have saw some Timeholes open like in Time Force. Would could have jeopardized the present too.

MattEmily
10/04/16, 11:17 PM
She was probaboy just asking about it. Maybe she wasn't sure about her current coin working. Since it didn't work in the 1700s.

I doubt she had any concerns about her Morpher and Coin not working considering she could still teleport which meant her Communicator was functioning whereas none of those items were working when they were sent back in time by the Wizard of Deception.

Samurai Mentor
10/05/16, 08:15 AM
I never understood why the powers worked in the 1800s but not the 1700s.

PRangerX
10/05/16, 08:16 AM
That surprised me in the second part. Since I had assumed Kim's morpher didn't work.

MattEmily
10/05/16, 10:42 AM
I'm thinking it's because in the Wild West as we know Zordon and Alpha were already there in the Command Center so I think they would have already set up the grid link to the Morphers and Coins since they would have no clue if Rita would've escaped or not but it was a good idea to be ready just on the off chance that she escapes whereas in the time that the Wizard of Deception had sent her, Adam, Aisha, Billy and Rocky to I think they were probably still setting up the Command Center operations which means the grid link wasn't active yet.

Gia the Fiend
10/05/16, 11:19 AM
I like that answer. It makes sense.

Rangerlord
10/05/16, 11:21 AM
But Zordon and Alpha didn't build the Morphing Grid. It was already there.

MattEmily
10/05/16, 05:17 PM
But Zordon and Alpha didn't build the Morphing Grid. It was already there.

never said they built it I said they had linked the Morphers and Coins to it which explains why Kimberly had her powers in the Wild West and could teleport but none of them could morph or use their Communicators when they were sent back in time by the Wizard of Deception.

Super Cena
10/05/16, 08:31 PM
Kimberly couldn't use both coins. It would have gave her too much power to control.

Inner Senshi
10/06/16, 11:35 AM
But Billy uses all the coins in the battle against Madam Woe?

No Green Spandex
10/06/16, 11:37 AM
I didn't like how they included Tommy's ancestor. It made no sense because he had no powers. Do we really need to have Tommy everywhere? Its not like the real Tommy isn't in the episode already.

KimandTommy
10/06/16, 11:39 AM
I wish we would have saw more of Kim's ancestor.

Space Seasons
10/06/16, 11:40 AM
Lets just be glad they remembered Tommy's coin wouldn't be created yet. I would have put it past them to let the White Stranger use the coin anyways.

Kimmy Repulsa
10/06/16, 11:41 AM
They should have just had them steal the Green Coin from the Dumpster and return it.

Captain Mutiny
10/06/16, 11:44 AM
It not that easy. You releasing Rita early and really messing things up. I am not even sure if they could get the coin without releasing Rita. There wasn't time for this anyway.

Ginger Snap
10/09/16, 08:05 PM
I was just surprised they let the ancestors morph at the time. But I guess too much Pink Power would overload things. I wonder why Kim even thought she could use both coins? I guess she was just confused. But you guys will probably come up with some theory I am not thinking of....

Turbo Black
10/12/16, 10:56 PM
Using two power coins would have been dangerous and pointless. I think the writers just mentioned it to explain the elephant in the room of the extra coin.

Power Sentai
10/12/16, 11:05 PM
It would have made more sense if they had Kim's coin not work in the past and had her borrow the past coin.

Captain Mutiny
10/24/16, 10:16 PM
And let me commit on the two Pink Coins. Why would Kimberly need to use two or use the other instead of one? That's what Zordon told her in not so many words. Kimberly was just scared and trying to make sure all scenarios were mapped out for her plan. Teleporting to the past Command Center was already hail mary.

Tommy Angel
10/24/16, 10:43 PM
I liked the episode because it was fun. What does Kimberly using two coins or not matter? It was great how she was able to recruit the past ancestors to be Rangers. There battle was pretty funny and played for great slapstick. I loved the barn around the Command Center.

MattEmily
12/05/17, 02:24 AM
Matt's exactly right. There would have been too much strain on the grid to have two Pink Rangers. And there was no need for another Pink with Kim. Her ancestor hadn't arrived yet and brining her up to speed would have been tough. At least the other ancestors meant Kim.

not quite just Pink Rangers it's the fact that they would've shared the same Mighty Morphin energies would've been the problem and yes that's correct there wasn't a need for a Pink anyway since Kimberly's coin was active.

But Billy uses all the coins in the battle against Madam Woe?

true but it wasn't in the same vein since it was just a temporary power boost much like Zordon always gave to Tommy and it was a fail safe mechanism in case all of them ever got caught in the same trap so that there would be an easy way out.