PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't Karone still be responsible for her crimes?

Superstatler
01/26/15, 10:01 PM
Karone was Astronoma. A horrible evil General that did many terrible things. Many of which we probably never heard of. Yet when she becomes good see seems to have her freedom.

Shouldn't she have been arrested for her crimes and stood trail for them?

Yes, she was abducted as a child. But she had the chance to make her own decisions before she became Cyber Astronema.

MattEmily
01/26/15, 11:07 PM
technically yes but she was raised by Ecliptor so while she may have had her own freedom she might not have had any choice in the matter and it's possible she looked up to him like a Father since she had no one else to take care of her.

Superstatler
01/27/15, 01:37 PM
She is still responsible for her own actions. She knew she was evil and what that meant. Once she became an adult she couldn't blame Ecliptor anymore.

Captain Codfish
01/27/15, 01:41 PM
We don't even know what kind of court system in the galaxy existed around that time. It could be that their was no one to arrest Karone. If anything she had more of a threat of being aressted by the UAE. And they were reduced to shambles.

Astronema
01/27/15, 01:44 PM
The pain of living with the guilt and attoning for it was enough. Besides the PRU always seemed like the Wild West anyway.

MMPR Forever
01/27/15, 08:36 PM
Karone should have just been under an evil spell from the beginning. I don' like having a past villain become a Ranger.

VR Master
01/27/15, 08:37 PM
Its important to note that Karone ended up in Terra Venture in deep space. So it wasn't like she was easy to arrest when she was there.

Starlight Starbrite
01/27/15, 08:44 PM
She clearly went back to Earth after C2D. Maybe she was tried and somehow escaped a long prision sentance?

Sentai Master
01/27/15, 08:57 PM
Then how would see have just been standing with the K035 rebels? They seemingly just accepted her. And she ddidn't seem to go to Earth for a trail. It was for a happy reason.She clearly wasn't put on trail. There was probably no governing body to put her on trail formally.

No Green Spandex
01/28/15, 12:00 PM
Karone was punished enough and attoned for her crimes by becoming a Ranger. She turned into a true hero.

Sailor Chaos
01/28/15, 12:02 PM
I think they should have had Karone stay dead. It would have added to the finalie. It was so emotional when Andros cried over her dead body. They cheapened it by having her be ressurected.

Sentai Is Forever
01/28/15, 12:03 PM
This is why I like Sentai. When characters die for dramatic reasons they usually stay dead.

MattEmily
01/28/15, 11:18 PM
Karone should have just been under an evil spell from the beginning. I don' like having a past villain become a Ranger.
I completely disagree. The whole idea of humans being under spells is too old. It was a nice and refreshing idea with Astronema actually being a good girl not under a spell but she was kidnapped and raised to be evil.

I don't have any problems with previous villains becoming Rangers as long as they make amends for what they have done or atone for their crimes.

Its important to note that Karone ended up in Terra Venture in deep space. So it wasn't like she was easy to arrest when she was there.

That's true BUT it wasn't like she stayed on KO-35 for good.

She clearly went back to Earth after C2D. Maybe she was tried and somehow escaped a long prision sentance?

True she went back to Earth but it's entirely possible that the Rangers explained things and the court let her off without any punishments.

Then how would see have just been standing with the K035 rebels? They seemingly just accepted her. And she ddidn't seem to go to Earth for a trail. It was for a happy reason.She clearly wasn't put on trail. There was probably no governing body to put her on trail formally.
why wouldn't the rebels accept Karone? She was one of their own... just because she was Astronema doesn't change the fact that she was originally born to be good.

You do have a point with the trial point though. It's possible the Power Rangers universe doesn't have anything like that after all how often do we even see authority figures like Police Officers or Fire Fighters? Practically never.

Karone was punished enough and attoned for her crimes by becoming a Ranger. She turned into a true hero.
I completely agree.

I think they should have had Karone stay dead. It would have added to the finalie. It was so emotional when Andros cried over her dead body. They cheapened it by having her be ressurected.
I completely disagree. Yes it would've added to the finale but it left them with someone to use the following season when Valerie (Kendrix) had to leave to undergo chemotherapy and their first replacement choice Patricia (Cassie) decided to change her mind to replace her since she wasn't happy with the salary.

This is why I like Sentai. When characters die for dramatic reasons they usually stay dead.

That's true but even Sentai brings the dead warriors back to life at times.

Sensei Ranger
01/28/15, 11:31 PM
The problem with having her stay dead would have meant that the Cyber Astronema plot would have never been resolved. At this point Karone was acting evil due to the machine hooked up to her in "Astronema Thinks Twice". It would have left it like Astronema never turned good.

MattEmily
01/29/15, 01:33 AM
precisely. I think it's a better feel good story with Karone being kidnapped, being raised to be evil, discovering the truth, defecting to the Rangers' side, being captured by the villains and brainwashed, killed by accident by Andros, Z-Wave goes through and converts her to good, she returns the following season to take over for Kendrix after Kendrix dies.

PRangerX
01/29/15, 06:17 PM
The one thing I regretted about that was not being able to see more of Karone with the Rangers. Having her die at the end of Space would have left us wanting more. Since it wouldn't have addressed her mind being manipulated. Like whats been already said. Zordon was sacrificed. So that makes up for Karone being ressurected.

Kilobyte
01/29/15, 06:33 PM
I never particularly cared for Karone. I liked her Astronoma persona better. I always thought it was a mistake to have the bad ass Astronoma end up being good.

Everyone Loves Rocky
01/29/15, 06:44 PM
You could tell Astronoma was gonna turn good back in the episode where she trades places with Ashley. There was that little scene with Astronoma being surprised at the gifts the Rangers got Ashley.

Captain Codfish
01/29/15, 06:54 PM
Plus it was obvious she was Andros' sister the first time we saw the flashback of her being kidnapped. Astronoma was turning good somehow for the beginning. The only reason they did Cyber Astronema was to bide time until the end.