PDA

View Full Version : Masked Rider The First [Media-Blasters] - Discussion Thread

Kamen Rider
04/26/07, 10:39 PM
I watched recently and I gotta say I LOVED IT. Friggin' amazing.

Pro:

-Loved the romance between Hongo Takeshi, Asuka and Ichimonji Hayato.
-Excellent acting. They were so good.
-The Shockers. My gosh. I loved them all, especially Spider.
-The subplot about two illness people who later became into Cobra and Snake. I loved that subplot. I must say it's nice to see them together and then became into villains.
-The wire work were excellent. Well done.
-The Choreography Fights were really well done.
-The Legendary Actor who used to play as Kamen Rider V3, Hiroshi Miyauchi... it was NICE to see him in this movie. I hope he comes back in the sequel (If the rumour is true). Hiroshi Miyauchi FOREVER!

Bat looks very interesting and it reminds me of Agent Aburera from Dekaranger.

Con:

-One thing that bothers me, it's like something went go fast. I wish they put the UNCUT version in that movie, just like Hakaider Movie. But heck, it was very enjoyable to watch.

Overall, this movie gets an A-. Good plot and subplot as well. Also, Behind-The-Scenes was really cool. I must say it's a worth to buy it and watch the movie!!

I'm definitely looking forward to see the sequel...if the rumour is true.

HENSHIN!

PrimoPiccolo
04/28/07, 03:45 PM
Glad to hear people liked it. Know of anywhere I can download this from?

ShadowFalaon
04/28/07, 06:39 PM
It's impossible for Media Blasters to have put the "uncut" or Director's Cut of The First on their DVD release since one doesn't exist, at least not one made available to the public. At any rate there was no DC released on R2 DVD, and I believe MB just copied the content from the R2 anyway.

Unfortunately they omitted much of the special features, which we probably would have gotten if they had released the 2-Disc set that was previously reported - strangely though the Making of feature that they did include was almost as long as the movie itself.

Anyway, yeah I still liked the movie. I'm hoping the rumored sequel will be better though.

Kamen Rider
04/29/07, 02:32 AM
Glad to hear people liked it. Know of anywhere I can download this from?

Or you can buy it online. It's at BestBuy.com (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8304195&st=Masked+Rider+The+First&lp=4&type=product&cp=1&id=1606762) The price is 14.99. Pretty good deal.

All Torrent Trackers has been REMOVED due to Kamen Rider The First has been lisenced.

PrimoPiccolo
04/30/07, 01:04 AM
All Torrent Trackers has been REMOVED due to Kamen Rider The First has been lisenced.
Ah, I see.

Kamen Rider
05/03/07, 12:47 AM
Ah, I see.

Yup. That's why you'll have to buy it online. It's up to you.

Rider_Leangle
05/03/07, 04:48 AM
Yeah, Its a subbed DVD in america, But its good the era of Real Toku in america is returning, Maybe the toys can be licenced too

Kamen Rider
05/05/07, 01:56 AM
Yeah, Its a subbed DVD in america,

Um.. yeah. We know.

But its good the era of Real Toku in america is returning,

There's a rumour that GARO is already licensed, but it's still unknown.

Aussie Rider
05/05/07, 08:54 AM
Looks like I'll be picking this up in June then...

ShadowFalaon
05/05/07, 02:46 PM
Um.. yeah. We know.

There's a rumour that GARO is already licensed, but it's still unknown.Youtube's been removing all the Garo videos at the request of Tohokushinsha Film. They even had this one music video I did removed because it used a couple Garo clips. Incidentally the same MV also had The First clips too. I don't know if Tohokushinsha Film is going to bring Garo over themselves or are just trying to look for someone to buy the distribution rights, but they seem keen enough on getting in released stateside. Main reason why they're getting the vids removed I think.

Anyway, back on topic. I quite enjoy The First despite what others say.

Kamen Rider
05/06/07, 02:40 AM
Looks like I'll be picking this up in June then...

>_> Why in June?