PDA

View Full Version : what did ya hate most about turbo

go galactic
03/22/02, 12:38 PM
what did ya hate most about turbo

BT20
03/22/02, 04:12 PM
lets see

ACTORS: the original 4 who could hate them, although i did not really like tanya

the new guys were ok. Both chicks hot, TJ was ok carlos kinda bothered me at first but he was ok. Justin sucked.

PLOT: What plot? I loved how it continued from the movie, but nothing much happened

COSTUMES: My all time favs along with TF

DIALOGS: The same as any PR Version, kiddie. Although DIvatoxs corny lines like "They couldnt find pointy ears at a star trek convention" was stupid.

NAMES: Some of the best ever. Some thought went in to them. Rygog, elgar. Beter than Master vile, or diabolico

so i say dialogs sucked most

ShadowForceBlue
03/22/02, 06:30 PM
IMO season 1 of trubo sucked I know they had the zeo team but they gave up but the new team was great so if anything I didn't like season 1.

TheLunarWolf
03/22/02, 07:21 PM
The thing I didn't like most about Turbo was the dialogue because Divatox's witty remarks were always stupid, like "Viva la diva woo!"

Cross My Line
03/22/02, 07:46 PM
There are bad bits in Turbo? Not in my opinion. Aske me to in Time Force though and I can reel off a nice list.

It all comes down to personal preferrence.

Homer56712
03/22/02, 08:35 PM
The thing I hated most about Turbo was the fact that Zordon, Alpha and 4 of the actors got replaced

http://lavender.fortunecity.com/stroheim/124/powerrangerpics/pris/prispics/andros.gif

Cross My Line
03/22/02, 10:27 PM
Ah, but they brought us Alpha 6, Cassie and T.J. Three characters who I think were the best. Both Cassie and T.J would be in my Power Rangers dream team.....

Homer56712
03/23/02, 02:27 AM
Yeah but Alpha 6 sucked and only a couple of the new actors were good and Cassie wasnt one of them

http://lavender.fortunecity.com/stroheim/124/powerrangerpics/pris/prispics/andros.gif

Cross My Line
03/23/02, 07:16 AM
You keep telling yourself that. You may one day believe it.

Homer56712
03/23/02, 05:36 PM
Look I was only giving my opinion theres no need to say anything like what you just said.......everyone has a different opinion and I was just giving mine and if you dont accept it then get lost......or on second thought you should just get lost anyway

http://www.rangercentral.com/episodes/ep092/eppic05.jpg

MiChaos
03/23/02, 06:19 PM
You dared to criticise Cassie to Cross My Line? And anyway, you were criticising CML first Homer...

The only bad things in Turbo IMO was the lack of character development with the original rangers (the scriptwriters seemed to have already given up) and Justin - what can I say about him?

Cross My Line
03/23/02, 07:52 PM
As MiChaos said, don't try to go all high and mighty when you actually do it to a worse extent than I do.

In fact, my post wasn't "dissing" you at all. Everyone loves Cassie.

Homer56712
03/23/02, 10:04 PM
Look I can have whatever opinion I want.....you cant tell me opinion what to have!!!!

MiChaos
03/23/02, 10:22 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion...that does not give you the right, oh so great one, to be rude when giving your opinion. In this post, CML gave his opinion that he felt that Alpha 6 and Cassie were welcome additions to Turbo, in the next post you said that Alpha sucked and Cassie wasn't one of the best actresses in Turbo - all you had to say was that you disagreed with him. Your posts appeared rude - that's all I'm saying.

Edit: And Homer, we have unfinished business. A half-completed knowledge test on Astro's board...?

Homer56712
03/23/02, 10:42 PM
No all I said was Alpha 6 sucked and only a couple of the actors were good and cassie wasnt one of them.....see I was just giving my own opinion.....maybe if you'd payed more attention to the post you'd have realized that

MiChaos
03/23/02, 10:54 PM
I did - I was saying how that post could be interpreted as.

Cross My Line
03/24/02, 08:48 AM
He won't come finish the test at my board because he doesn't want to make himself look dumb. (Despite him already doing that quite well here)

go galactic
03/25/02, 06:10 PM
if he looks dumb, u can only expect him to try not to

Cross My Line
03/25/02, 10:13 PM
Sometimes though, it really does seem as if he purposely tries to become even dumber.

JZSpock
03/29/02, 05:42 AM
Hello, who WASN'T in the Power Chamber.
Zordon & Alpha 5 left.

Dimitria & A6 replace them,
Justin (a Kid) as a Ranger.
Divatox, Elgar.

Need I go on?

Dimitria is a mistake!

Cross My Line
03/29/02, 08:19 AM
JZSpock, I'm sorry, but........ get a life

KHTO86
06/30/02, 09:23 PM
I was getting tired of the old team. I didn't like Kat, Tanya, or Justin, Rocky was gone and I dunno it was just bad. The second team I think was much better.

psychic ranger
10/27/14, 09:13 PM
Besides the show? The whole first part.

The old team looked bad, there was random stuff happening in second part with Divatox.

PRangerX
10/27/14, 09:15 PM
The worst parts of Turbo were during its first half. Everything was complacent. Changing the casts and the tone of the story in the second half made things better. Turbo's second half introduced us to the future Space Rangers and set up the plot for In Space itself. It was crucial in setting up the next season.

bluewaterranger
10/27/14, 09:16 PM
The detonators

PRangerX
10/27/14, 09:17 PM
The detonators

Yeah, I was happy that they dropped that subplot during Turbo's second half. It got pretty redundant very quickly.

prfanforlife
10/27/14, 09:18 PM
Tommy, Adam, and Kat leaving. I never really liked Tanya.

RangerWrath
10/27/14, 09:19 PM
I just didn't like how they replaced the entire cast halfway through the season. I think they could have waited until the end to do that, or at least replace them at the beginning.

TommyGreenranger
10/27/14, 09:20 PM
I liked Turbo. as I watch some of the old episodes online, I have come to hate Light Speed Rescue.

psychic ranger
10/27/14, 09:21 PM
I hated that part one had no real storyline

Orange Ranger
10/27/14, 09:24 PM
I hate that I never saw Turbo at all. I mean, the only two episodes I've seen are Passing the Torch part 1 and Passing the Torch part 2. I've also seen the movie, but that's about it. I read somewhere on this site that Jason David Frank (Tommy) and Cathrine Sutherland (Kat) wanted to leave the show, but not Adam and Tanya. They introduced Carlos and Ashley and the originally planned replacements to Tommy and Kat, but then decided that a new cast would be best. They left Justin's part alone. He would leave at the end of Turbo. What would have been interesting is if they kept using the same rangers over again only replacing them when they needed to.

PRangerX
10/27/14, 09:26 PM
Yeah, thats the best I could gather from the information that has come out over the fandom, as the years have come by.

I'd like to see a cast stay on for a few years at least. Of course there has to be a new PR season for that to happen.