PDA

View Full Version : Long time gone ...

Remus Lupin
08/27/11, 12:55 AM
First off ... I looked all over the forums trying to find an official Intro Thread or Forum and could not find one. That's why I'm posting here. It seems, from what I see in this sub forum, that people have posted introductions here successfully. If that is not the case, I apologize.

Anyway ...

Hello all. For now, I am known as WhiteLight4ever on here. I am an old PRE member. I joined PRE in early 2005 and posted there for quite a while. I also went to other forums, but PRE was always my main forum ... until it started closing and reopening and closing again. I am excited to get back into the conversation with people at PRE.

I am a 27 year old graduate of Western Carolina University. I graduated in 2008 with a B.F.A. in Motion Picture and Television Production with a concentration on Motion Pictures. My interests include Drum Corps (if you don't know about Drum Corps, feel free to ask), Movies, Music, Photography, Writing, Theatre, Acting and Art ... as well as, obviously, Power Rangers.

My history with Power Rangers is a long one. I started watching the original series in its original run back in 1993. I fell in love with the show and watched it on into, I think, about halfway through Lost Galaxy. Marching Band then started taking a lot of my time (plus, I didn't really like Lost Galaxy that much ... at that point in my life), so I stopped watching for a while. Then, in 2005, I happened to see the listing on our cable for Power Rangers Dino Thunder and the description mentioned Tommy. I always loved Tommy so it was interesting to see it back. Unfortunately, I noticed it at the end of the episode and saw nothing. Then, I saw a commercial for the premiere of Power Rangers SPD and I decided to check that show out. I thought it was pretty interesting and then I decided I needed to find some way to check out that series where Tommy came back. That's when I found the forums, including PRE and Rangerboard. If I remember correctly, I started downloading the episodes when PRE was hosting them on the forum ... but they didn't have them all.

I also saw, from my research into Dino Thunder, that Power Rangers came from a Japanese series called Super Sentai. So, I decided to check that out. The first episode I saw, unfortunately, was Abaranger 48. For those who don't know AbareKiller, aka Nakadai Mikoto, dies in that episode. So it was bad for me to have that as my first Abaranger experience.. Abaranger ended up being one of my favorite series and it still is. From there, I branched out into Kamen Rider and then into J-Drama.

So, a few years ago, when I was still in college, I decided to look for all the episodes of every series so I can say I had seen them all ... including all the series I missed. When I first saw Time Ranger ... it blew me away! I loved how mature it was compared to other series. I still didn't like Lost Galaxy that much or even Lightspeed Rescue. I couldn't even get five episodes into Wild Force. But, I loved the others after -- until Operation Overdrive. This discussion is going in a direction that will be redundant in a few minutes, so I'll stop reviewing the series there.

So, I'm very excited to be back here at PRE. I hope I'll end up enjoying myself here now as much as I did before.

If you have ANY questions ... ask away! I'm an open book ... within reason, of course lol.

PRangerX
08/28/11, 10:58 AM
Welcome back. Did you post at PRO before in 05? You look familar.

Remus Lupin
08/28/11, 11:01 AM
I sure did. That's why I still have an account. I went and looked through the posts it said I made a while back and I saw our arguments with Cheetamus lol. Like how we kept giving him proof about Kat being Kat Ranger in SPD but he wouldn't believe us. Then, after that episode came out, he disappeared from the conversation. Funny stuff. :)

PRangerX
08/28/11, 11:30 AM
Ah yeah, I knew I remembered you. I also remember you finding PRE at the time. Its funny to look back.

Kamen Rider Decade
09/15/11, 01:28 AM
First off ... I looked all over the forums trying to find an official Intro Thread or Forum and could not find one.It doesn't exist because intro posts are retarded.

MattEmily
12/27/12, 03:03 PM
Even though you've disappeared again, I'll still reply to this thread.

Despite what others may think, introduction posts are fine. We don't have a forum for them at the moment because of the board's activity or lack thereof.

It's possible PRangerX and I may decide to create an Introduction forum at some point if the board ever gets busy. But at this point we really don't care where users post their introduction messages or reintroduction messages at.