PDA

View Full Version : KRDK News 01/14/08. Kamen Rider BLADE to be next American Adaption?

Knightfall
01/14/08, 10:37 AM
http://www.japanhero.com/Graphics/Tokusatsu/kamen%20rider%20cards/KR-8%20(L).jpg

With production of Kamen Rider Dragon Knight well underway, reliable inside sources are informing us that the network and production are interested in adapting Kamen Rider Blade next if Dragon Knight is successful.

Apparently the reason for this interest in Blade is the card concept. Plans to market and merchandise the card concept for KRDK are already underway and they want to be able to continue that for the next series.

http://www.japanhero.com/Graphics/Tokusatsu/kamen%20rider%20cards/KR-39%20(L).jpg

While I'd personally prefer they adapt Kamen Rider 555 next, I wouldn't be opposed to adapting Blade if theres potential for success in the American market.

What series would you like to see adapted next?

Discuss.

BlueRider
01/14/08, 10:56 AM
I thought they would skip 555, Blade, Hibiki and adapt Kabuto.

PRangerX
01/14/08, 04:32 PM
Interesting news, good to hear there is a chance this will become a yearly thing. Of course its way to early to worry about a second US season. Since we have to see if Dragon Knight works out first. But the more American Toku the better.

Poweranimals
01/14/08, 04:38 PM
I'm disappointed that they're skipping Faiz, but Blade is awesome. At the moment, I'll settle for seeing Dragon Knight.

DarkBlaze
01/14/08, 07:48 PM
Interesting, they look like a fine series that could be adapted.

Thunrider
01/15/08, 03:16 AM
Hmm ... well, I could kinda see this half coming, but at the same time, I really wished for them to adapt Faiz. I mean, Faiz is what got me into Kamen Rider in the first place (or rather, the first Kamen Rider series I watched).

Knightfall
01/15/08, 05:36 AM
Same here. Faiz was my favorite. It had such a badass storyline. I really want to see it adapted before this.

DarkRanger99
02/28/08, 08:48 PM
Kiva is the only one I've watched so far, so I'd definetely like to see an American Adaptation of that.

PrimoPiccolo
02/29/08, 03:19 PM
I'm wondering why you're all bumming out about Faiz. Should Dragon Knight jump to the mega-success we want, we're going to see it eventually. Might even be after Blade, since there aren't any other card-based Rider series (well, Den-O's time cards were a whole different thing. And it's not like there's gonna be a TCG created from the Zeronos cards.)

Kamen Rider Decade
02/29/08, 10:36 PM
I thought they would skip 555, Blade, Hibiki and adapt Kabuto.They should have skipped Ryuki. They should skip Hibiki.

I'm wondering why you're all bumming out about Faiz.Because it is superior than Blade & Ryuki combined. Which is not saying much since Ryuki is utter shit, anything that erases everything that happened over the course of the season or series with a convoluted time travel bit is utter shit from start to end.

Should Dragon Knight jump to the mega-success we wantDon't assume facts not in evidence.

we're going to see it eventually.You have 100% proof on that? If not don't assume facts not in evidence.

PrimoPiccolo
03/01/08, 02:37 AM
I'm not assuming anything, man. All I'm pointing out is that if they're adapting Ryuki and want to adapt another season after that, what would stop them from going back to Faiz one day?

Kamen Rider Decade
03/01/08, 06:58 AM
I'm not assuming anything, man. Your statement about us wanting the show to be a hit is an assumption. We covers everyone as a group. So far this person of that group couldn't care if the show becomes a hit.

what would stop them from going back to Faiz one day?Adopting inferior seasons above superior ones is sheer stupidity and stupidity always fails.

PrimoPiccolo
03/01/08, 09:29 PM
Your statement about us wanting the show to be a hit is an assumption.
Then why are you posting in this thread?

If you want to hear an assumption, I'd assume anyone not concerned with a project wouldn't want to keep up with its developments.

Kamen Rider Decade
03/02/08, 01:15 PM
Then why are you posting in this thread?1. Because
2. Because
3. Because
4. None of your business why.

If you want to hear an assumption, I'd assume anyone not concerned with a project wouldn't want to keep up with its developments.Who says I am keeping up with the developments of Dragon Knight. I seen the pilot, it's rubbish why would I keep up with anything else after that concerning Dragon Knight. This thread however is not about Dragon Knight but about is potential sequel.

PrimoPiccolo
03/02/08, 03:58 PM
This thread however is not about Dragon Knight but about is potential sequel.
A sequel that won't come if Dragon Knight doesn't perform well. So if we want the sequel, the original has to be a success.

Kamen Rider Decade
03/02/08, 11:34 PM
A sequel that won't come if Dragon Knight doesn't perform well. So if we want the sequel, the original has to be a success.I am only very mildly interested in a sequel, I could live without ever seeing it.

PRangerX
03/03/08, 04:12 PM
Adopting inferior seasons above superior ones is sheer stupidity and stupidity always fails.

Not if they adapt it in a way that doesn't slave to the Japenese version. If you take a shitty series and make a good one using the footage, than it can work very well.

Look what PR did with Space and Lost Galaxy. Megaranger and Gingamen were not space series ( gingamen especially). And look how far the adaptions strayed from the Sentai. Now I am not saying Megaranger and Gingamen were bad Sentai. But thats not the point here anyway.

Kamen Rider Decade
03/03/08, 05:40 PM
Not if they adapt it in a way that doesn't slave to the Japenese version. If you take a shitty series and make a good one using the footage, than it can work very well.Did you & I see the same pilot with the exception of the shit stolen from VR Troopers it is a pure watered down brain dead Ryukki.

Look what PR did with Space and Lost Galaxy. Megaranger and Gingamen were not space series ( gingamen especially). And look how far the adaptions strayed from the Sentai.You are talking about a company that actually did something different. Adness Entertainment is doing nothing but copying the work of Ryukki & VR Troopers. Your point fails. You fail. Go back to school.

PRangerX
03/03/08, 05:50 PM
Did you & I see the same pilot with the exception of the shit stolen from VR Troopers it is a pure watered down brain dead Ryukki.

You are talking about a company that actually did something different. Adness Entertainment is doing nothing but copying the work of Ryukki & VR Troopers. Your point fails. You fail. Go back to school.

The piolet is just to sell the show. They weren't going to put a lot of stuff into it. It was never intended to air and probably never will. They have already made a lot of changes for the actual series. The fact is we won't know what Dragon Knight is like until it actually airs. Look at how different the MMPR Piolet was.

Kamen Rider Decade
03/03/08, 06:00 PM
The piolet is just to sell the show.They sold it alright, sold it down the drain of creativity and into plumbing of copy and paste.

They weren't going to put a lot of stuff into it.Of course, why put your own stuff into it when you can put other people's works into it.

They have already made a lot of changes for the actual series.By changes do you mean they took from Masked Rider? Maybe Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog? The Tick? What did they put it that was their own work or do they have the brains for that?

The fact is we won't know what Dragon Knight is like until it actually airs.I may not know what the final product will be, but I know what the people behind are willing to do, absolutely nothing that doesn't involve copying from Saban or the original material.

Look at how different the MMPR Piolet was.It wasn't that different, it was pretty much identical from start to finish to the series premiere. Most of the changes were nothing more than cosmetic and actors.

You fail yet again in both the point you try to prove (just like at RB and FB) and you prove you need Firefox with the spellchecker extension or at least type it in Word first.

ForeverBlue
04/18/08, 08:45 PM
This is interesting news.

So ya, its best to wait unitl how Dragon Knight does first

Harlan Phoenix
04/21/08, 05:26 PM
Ummm...

http://forums.henshinjustice.com/showpost.php?p=363540&postcount=29

Nope.

It's undecided. Since the whole crew is as big a fans as we will be, it's all up in the air. Everything to the next Rider suits, to using the same suits, to MAKING new suits and so forth.

Nothing's set in stone.

What they're focusing on now is this show, making it a success so that Season Two is demanded.

Keith Justice, with picture proof of his being around people in the know, says the staff says otherwise.

PRangerX
04/21/08, 07:15 PM
I don't think there will be any set plans for a season 2 until season 1 happens. As they have to see if season 1 is a suggest first.

Harlan Phoenix
04/21/08, 09:28 PM
I don't think there will be any set plans for a season 2 until season 1 happens. As they have to see if season 1 is a suggest first.

I know that. But that post above was actually a direct response to the Kamen Rider Blade adaptation claim.

PRangerX
04/22/08, 08:28 PM
Yeah, I know. This thread was actually posted well before Kieth's trip. But your insight is apreciated.

Knightfall
04/22/08, 10:27 PM
Yeah the source that gave me the information is the same one that gives us exclusive set pictures and script pages.

Obviously Steve and crew don't want to comment on a possible 2nd season yet; it all depends if the first is successful (I pointed that out in the original post).

Sakura3
06/12/08, 11:29 PM
Well let me put it this way -

If Dragon Knight takes off from the word go and a ton of people see this on CW this fall and it does really well then there's a bet we'll see Blade next year.

Power Rangers is in Generation 14 right now with no signs of stopping either so who knows?

Knightfall
06/14/08, 12:28 AM
I'm closing this one for now, since the gameplan has obviously changed.

I'm definitely looking forward to the prospect of original suits if there's a Dragon Knight Season Two.