PDA

View Full Version : Den-O Episode #1: "I Appear!"

PrimoPiccolo
01/27/07, 10:36 AM
Crossing time and scattering sand all around, countless entities of energy invade the sky of Tokyo in 2007. However, no one around seems to notice the entities or the sand, except for only one person, Ryoutaro Nogami. After being beaten up by Tetsuo's gang, Nogami discovers an unusual pass. Just as he picked it up and entered a building, the landscape abruptly changed into a valley, in which the DenLiner made a stop. Nogami steps into it in amazement.
The newest Kamen Rider season kicks off in less than 10 hours, let's get it started!

Kamen Rider Spade
01/27/07, 08:25 PM
Just episode 1 to keep it short A

Tendou Soujiro
01/29/07, 10:16 AM
Not much did happen but it was cool so i'm giving a ten

PrimoPiccolo
01/30/07, 06:48 PM
I thought it was pretty good. Never before have a seen a Toku hero in costume have no idea what he was doing, that was hilarious. Hana was a bit confusing to me without the convienence of subtitles, but I liked her determination, and Ryoutaro's reluctance was a nice change of pace. Didn't get what was up with all the powder, was it some form of pixie dust or something?

I love the buttons on the Rider Belt, they should work great for Den-O's future changes on the fly, I'm sure he'll need to do so in the heat of battle, at least until he earns Gun Form. And I want to see Plat Form in more action, basic black works for me. Sword Form's hover slasher thing was cool, too, Momotaros is a great fighter.

Ryoutarou
02/01/07, 03:37 PM
I loved every minute of the episode. The main character was in that tree less than a minute into the episode, that's gotta be a record for bad luck. I like that Ryotaro isn't as stuck up or as annoying as Tendou from Kabuto. He generally seems like a nice guy who wants to help people and avoid fighting, to the point of not defending himself. He's the perfect candidate for character development.

PrimoPiccolo
02/01/07, 05:50 PM
The only thing I don't get is why people always want to compare the last season with the current season. With toku shows, it's never going to be the same thing, so why would anyone look for that?

Ryoutarou
02/02/07, 03:36 AM
Because that's generally what just finished and people like comparing where the franchise is going and how it's changing based on past styles.

Aussie Rider
02/02/07, 05:27 AM
Watched it. Loved it. I'm still trying to figure out how teh hell he got stuck up that tree!