PDA

View Full Version : Masked Rider would have been canceled anyway, right?

PrimoPiccolo
10/26/06, 05:26 PM
I've always heard the rumors about Mr. Ishinomori not liking Saban's take on Kamen Rider Black RX, and that he refused for any more of his footage being dumbed down for Masked Rider. But I only recently found out that Kamen Rider had been over since 1989, so had Masked Rider actually been successful enough to continue, where would they have gone? Would they have regressed Dex into the original Black to use previous footage, a la Ryan in VR Troopers going from 1987's Metalder to 1984's Shaider? Or would they have just bagged it anyway like BeetleBorgs when the B-Fighter Kabuto episodes ran out?

Ryoutarou
10/27/06, 04:51 AM
I don't think so. What they were going to do for Bettleborgs was a Zyu2 style show. Only instead of using the same suits, Saban comissioned TOEI to film new stuff, they only got as far as making prop suits before Saban canned it. Though we did get some toys (http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Toys/Bandai/Beetleborgs/Force/BforceBlue/BforceBlueStinger1.jpg.html). Which were little more than kitbashes of older Metal Heroes. It was the same with Masked Rider, a long time ago on HJU, someone posted a link to a Thai(?) site that had an updated RX with a second red mode and two evil riders. Again, canned by Saban