PDA

View Full Version : Signature...

Falling Down
02/04/06, 09:54 AM
Hi

I think it's very distrubing to have such huge pictuers in the signature, some are nearly wallpaper size.

I recommend to limit a picture to about 200 pixels in height, otherwise one is just scrolling and it's hatd to read a topic.

kiraford5
02/04/06, 12:48 PM
who has wallpaper size?

Anonymous
02/04/06, 02:01 PM
Hi

I think it's very distrubing to have such huge pictuers in the signature, some are nearly wallpaper size.

I recommend to limit a picture to about 200 pixels in height, otherwise one is just scrolling and it's hatd to read a topic.

Hum...I'll take it under consideration. What to the rest of you guys think?

Kari
02/04/06, 02:14 PM
Yeah I think it should be limited in width too. My screen (1024x768) has to have a side scrollbar as well :?

Falling Down
02/04/06, 02:16 PM
Also maybe a kb-limitaion? User which don't have dsl will have very long loading times. Soem users have 500kb sigs.
Luckily I hav High-Speed, nut still... it would be fair to the non-dsl users - what u guys think?

Kari
02/04/06, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I think just really huge sigs in general... cause I know dial-up really sucks with really big ones, though I have high speed now...

Falling Down
02/05/06, 04:29 AM
Suggestion:

Highth Limitation: 200 pixels
Width Limitation: 700 pixels (fits exactly a 15" Monitor).
KB-Limitation: Dunno... 100kb too much?

Kari
02/05/06, 04:35 AM
That sounds good to me, I don't know about everyone else...

kiraford5
02/05/06, 11:20 AM
i dont think there's a way to get signatures down like that. Avatars is possible. For the signatures, you have a certain amount of characters you can use. i think this board is like 200 or somethin like that. In order to have a limitation on images for the siggy, each user would have to go manually and check it. That would be too much of a hassel.

Falling Down
02/05/06, 12:59 PM
Right click on you image... :roll:

Plus... there are mods for boards which can implant this ;)

DarkPteraThunder
02/05/06, 04:51 PM
I really don't think they're should be much of a size limit per se but I do agree that some banners on here are WAY over the top as far as size goes. I think something like 2 500x200 banners is fairly reasonable. There are some banners I've seen 900 wide and 300 tall...That's insane. There's really no reason for something that huge...

02/05/06, 11:35 PM
Mine was a lil on the huge side so I went ahead and changed it.

Razi
02/05/06, 11:47 PM
I think some banner could use some "shrinkage". There is nothing wrong with big signatures but there is an issue with REALLy BIg signatures.

I think there should be a bit of a limit.

-Razi

kiraford5
02/06/06, 09:10 PM
i agree that there should be a limit. The only thing is that you would have to manually check the limit and not rely on the computer to tell you if its to big or not. Every single forum i have made gives you the option of character limits(letters, numbers, spaces, etc) but not image size because not everyone uses images for thier siggy. Some people use quotes by the person, what they think, the individual's catch phrase, etc. there's no way for an option to be selected

Kari
02/06/06, 10:35 PM
Well there are always character limits when it comes to text on phpbb boards. But images, sorry like yours are really huge. Maybe it should just be a limit on image size

waaowcazdevil
02/24/06, 03:44 PM
it does get annoing with people having big sigs but 50 characters is too small i think it should be about 70 characters because i couldn't put the pic i wanted to be in my sig so i think it shoul dbe 60/70 characters