PDA

View Full Version : That's not sparkle in his eye...

Windgrail2
03/30/02, 06:32 AM
I made a post about this a looong time ago and now I'm going for it again. It's theory time rangermaniacs and I need your opinions on this to prove to disprove, that will be the question. This edition is over Jason.
-
-
-
I recently bought the Power Ranger double feature on DVD, and seeing the scene where Jas and Kim are possessed by Maligore sparked an old question theory of mine. Without a doubt in mind, Kimberly dumped Tommy to be with Jason. Here's why...
-
-
-
Jason Lee Scott leaves the Power team in pursuit of attending the world peace summit
Kimberly Hart leaves the Ranger team in persue of her own dream as a gymnast.
Kimberly writes the dear john letter to Tommy and ends a 4 year relationship for someone else se has met.
Jason returns to the team as the Gold Ranger
He makes sure that there is no confusion about his no longer being leader, then he leaves again after returning the Golden Powers
Now, Kim and Jas just happen to show up togther all the sudden from outside the Ranger environment
Inside Maligore's temple, Jason and Kimberly are turned evil. This is where things REALLY get interesting. When Tommy confronts Kim and takes off his helmet trying to convince her to stop, Jason looks over and sees this. He doesn't act defensive over Kimberly being confronted, he stalls around and seems very interested in what Tommy is saying. Body motions speak for themselves. And THAT is when he attacks Tommy and only Tommy. During the fight, Jason appears to be taking out some pretty serious rage aimed only at Tommy. After the fight and after Kimberly is turned pure again, Lerigot and Yara use their magic on Jason. Take special notice of the look in his eyes and the expression on his face- it's almost as if he's heartbroken over seeing Kimberly near Tommy. There was never any explaination why he had that look.
Now let's suppose that Jason developed feelings for Kim during the course of a couple of years. The after Kim left, her and Jason kept in contact through letters. Then when Jason returned to the team, he kept his feelings for kim a secret because of his loyalty to Tommy, which meant bottling up many emotions. And the bottle just kept getting tighter and tighter and it finally exploded in the turbo movie. Now i don't remember if Jason actually got togther with Emily from Power Rangers Zeo or if they just hung out together, but even if the did get together, Jason could have been doing that to either put aside any doubt that Tommy knew the secret or it was to justify things in his mind. It's not so far fetched if you think about it...

Cross My Line
03/30/02, 10:38 AM
I think it was kinda proven at one point, who Kim fell for at this gymnast thing, and it wasn't Jason.

BT20
03/30/02, 11:00 PM
There always was a rivalry Btween those 2. I think the effect of Maligore's evil brought it out again kinda like in that Shark monster ep from season1.

& Who R U talking about cross my line?

Cross My Line
03/30/02, 11:15 PM
I dunno. Its probably someone I made up in my imagination, and seeing as how I remember nothing about the second half of zeo, I'm probably thinking its fact. *shrugs*

Windgrail2
04/02/02, 10:58 PM
Nah, it was never proven. At most it was just hinted at. Maybe the writers had something more in mind at somepoint and then dropped it, like they did with the Ancient Rangers plot, which would've been refreshing imo. Either way, I'm happy just using my free time thinking up new Power Ranger theories...(so I say to the psychiactrist as I lay on the couch...) :)

MorphinTime
04/03/02, 02:13 AM
I think is was majorally hinted at during the episode when the team received a letter from Jason, but it was mailed from where Kim was at.

Windgrail2
04/03/02, 02:55 AM
which ep was that?

Cross My Line
04/03/02, 03:18 PM
The "lost episode" which only privileged people such as Blue Pisces and myself have seen. :rolling:
-
-
From what I remember, Jason wasn't hinted at, at all. So as to have him coming back to be the Gold Ranger a complete surprise. He wasn't mentioned until he was revealed. So that thing above, from what I remember is a lie!!!!!!

MorphinTime
04/04/02, 01:18 AM
Honestly, I dont know. I just remember hearing about it. It was either on this board on on a website.

Cross My Line
04/04/02, 03:07 PM
A stupid rumor then.