PDA

View Full Version : The Status of Lahana Forums

PRangerX
12/29/05, 07:04 PM
Lahana Forums has obviously been down for a few weeks. My webhost experianced a hard drive crash. Many of my sites were lost but thankfully a lot of them were restored. Unfortunately a few of them may be lost. Lahanaforums has recently been restored. However the forums are down. I am not sure if they will be able to be repaired or not. But I am going to be patient. I have created this forum here as a temporary place for board members to discuss things and to get updates on the situation. Once things are more clear discussion will resume at the old board. Whether things are able to continue or have to be restarted. Guests can post at this forum. So you will not be forced to register at this board ( which is my main forum). You are obviously welcome to do so and explore the other forums but it is not a requirement.

As you may have noticed the chatroom is back up. I simply put up a new once, since I needed to replace the old one anyway ( dodge couldn't remember the password so it made sense to start over so I could have admin power). Its not like the chat contained much content anyway so its no loss. The picture gallery is still down and I will wait on that in hope that it will be fixed. Sorry for any inconvience or confusion.

http://lahanaforums.com

Razi
01/02/06, 10:39 PM
Thanks! At least we know what's going on now. I am gonna hang out here for now until things are settled.

-Razi

greywolf
01/03/06, 03:19 AM
Yeah Thanks now we have a place to come to for news on the forum. I'm gonna check back here and on KiraFord5's forum to keep in touch with those I can.

PRangerX
01/04/06, 01:58 PM
Yeah I actually was gonna redirect the forum link here till things were brought back to normal. But for some reason it wouldn't work. But I am sure the real forum will be back soon anyway. Even if we have to start over.

Razi
01/04/06, 11:33 PM
Sounds awesome! I can't wait. It doesn't even matter if we have to start over, just as long as the forums are back up.

-Razi

greywolf
01/05/06, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Razi@Jan 5 2006, 04:33 AM
Sounds awesome! I can't wait. It doesn't even matter if we have to start over, just as long as the forums are back up.

-Razi
I think we will all be happy as soon as the forum is back up and running but like you said it doesn't if we have to start over just as long as we have a place to talk to and about our favorite star.

jenniferc
01/05/06, 11:59 PM
hello, i agree. i can not wait bring lahanaforums back on.

Daniel
01/12/06, 04:33 AM
I Just Checked Out the forum Section. They all seem to be mySQL errors. Possibly the MySQL Database has Not Been Fully Restored or several files have been left out

What Type Of Forum is it. I may be able to help out if its IPB cause I Killed mine a few times By acident.

greywolf
01/14/06, 04:34 AM
As just a member of the other forum I can only speak for myself but I am sure that any help you can give would be appreciated. But Thank you for your response.

Daniel
01/14/06, 04:45 AM
And If The Forum has to be ReStarted here is a Link to an IPB forum. Give u all a lill step up from phpB

Click Here (http://www.julian.bellmont.dsl.pipex.com/ebusx.com/files/Invision%20Power%20Board%202.0%20Final.zip)

PRangerX
01/15/06, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Daniel@Jan 12 2006, 09:33 AM
I Just Checked Out the forum Section. They all seem to be mySQL errors. Possibly the MySQL Database has Not Been Fully Restored or several files have been left out

What Type Of Forum is it. I may be able to help out if its IPB cause I Killed mine a few times By acident.
Yeah the webhost went down and all my databases went down. Same reason why I lost RG. I was hoping the site could be restored. But I am probably gonna restart things soon. IPB is an option, but once the free trial ends not sure if I want to pay for it., since PRO isn't even a paying forum right now.

Daniel
01/17/06, 06:52 AM
Ive been told that 2.0 trial version does not run out after any set dates or amount of members/posts.

I also trust this as several forums running IPB 2.0 trial are way past 1000 posts and members

jenniferc
01/19/06, 12:35 PM
prangerx, can you make other new lahanaforums so we can join in new forum again.

PRangerX
01/20/06, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by jenniferc@Jan 19 2006, 05:35 PM
prangerx, can you make other new lahanaforums so we can join in new forum again.
Sorry for the delay. I may make an invisionfree Lahana Forum to act as a temp forum till my webhost stablizes.

Darth_Vader
01/22/06, 11:08 PM
ranger x i think emma should know about this

jenniferc
06/10/06, 02:49 PM
lahana forum not work again.

greywolf
06/22/06, 07:14 AM
It worked for me untill yesterday now it shows up but you can only see the index.

PRangerX
07/02/06, 06:49 PM
Sorry guys something seems to be wrong with the php. I need to get it checked out.

kiraford5
07/14/06, 09:57 AM
Thanx PRX,