PDA

View Full Version : Power Rangers Eww!

Baby Ranger
02/05/18, 04:35 AM
You guys still watch Power Rangers? Its a show for babies. I am surprised it wasn't canceled years ago.

Massive Ego
Troll Alert! Call in the mods!

Usagi Reborn
We should be asking you why you took the time to register on a forum for a "baby show" ....To ask us why we watch it?

A Gia To Remember
Power Rangers is fun for all ages!

MattEmily
You guys still watch Power Rangers? Its a show for babies. I am surprised it wasn't canceled years ago.

leave before you get banned for insulting people. Power Rangers isn't for babies it's for kids but it can also be for adults.

Yellow Fan Forever
02/05/18, 09:37 AM
I don't think there is anything wrong with us watching Power Rangers. Some of us grew up with it.

Astro Omega
02/05/18, 09:39 AM
Some of the older seasons were actually pretty mature for a children's series.

MattEmily
02/05/18, 11:19 AM
Some of the older seasons were actually pretty mature for a children's series.

that they were.
A terrorist for a villain who just wanted power.

A human who became a heartless Org out of pure jealousy because he couldn't have the woman that he wanted.

A Jekyll and Hyde situation with the evil side being a mutant dinosaur who insisted on turning the world back to the age of the dinosaurs

White Spandex Rules
02/05/18, 03:21 PM
We watch it because we think its a fun show. And some of us like Japanese Toku or that style.

MattEmily
02/05/18, 03:40 PM
We watch it because we think its a fun show. And some of us like Japanese Toku or that style.

and for the cool designs and for the cool zords

Concerned Parent
02/05/18, 03:47 PM
My issue is that Power Rangers is a damaging show for children. And it doesn't help that grown adults are supporting this crap. Power Rangers teaches kids to be violent and be bullies. Its not allowed on in my house.

I have asked this board to close in the past. And am disappointed that the owners haven't done what is best. As Power Rangers should never be promoted as anything positive.

Massive Ego
02/05/18, 03:49 PM
Wow the Trolls summon back the lther trolls. Surprised to see Concerned Parent again. If I was on staff I would check to make sure they aren't the same person.

PRangerX
02/05/18, 03:56 PM
Wow the Trolls summon back the lther trolls. Surprised to see Concerned Parent again. If I was on staff I would check to make sure they aren't the same person.

They are not based on an ip search. It is an interesting coincidence. Perhaps Concerned Parent saw the thread and felt he or she should take the opertunity to post again.

But regardless, this board is not shutting down. Supporting Power Rangers does not set a bad example for children. PR is designed for children and has to adhere to standards. The show is rated so parents can make their own decisions of whether their children can watch it. I would say PR often tries to teach a lesson and promote good values. The only thing they are guolety of is trying to sell toys. But that's the nature of children's television for the
last 30 years or so. There are far wlrst things on the air than Power Rangers.

In regards to Baby Ranger? I also have to question why the user took the time to register for a show they think should be beneath us? I strongly disagree with the idea that adults shouldn't watch Power Rangers. Let us enjoy what we enjoy. Is any harm coming to anyone? No.

Concerned Parent
02/05/18, 04:03 PM
They are not based on an ip search. It is an interesting coincidence. Perhaps Concerned Parent saw the thread and felt he or she should take the opertunity to post again.

But regardless, this board is not shutting down. Supporting Power Rangers does not set a bad example for children. PR is designed for children and has to adhere to standards. The show is rated so parents can make their own decisions of whether their children can watch it. I would say PR often tries to teach a lesson and promote good values. The only thing they are guolety of is trying to sell toys. But that's the nature of children's television for the

In regards to Baby Ranger? I also have to question why the user took the time to register for a show they think should be beneath us? I strongly disagreetee with the idea that adults shouldn't watch Power Rangers. Let us enjoy what we enjoy. Is any harm coming to anyone? No.

I assume you are the owner. I am very disappointed in your negligence and complicity in the promotion of this awful show. I don't care whats you saY Power Rangers may pretend to teach good values. But it really teaches kids to solve their problems by fighting and picking on people weaker than them. They also show a bad example by showing teens wasting time as superheroes when they should be focused on their school work. Marketing all those violent toys is also damaging.

I happened to be checking to see if this place was finally shut down and saw this thread. As a courtesy I decided to reply instead of start a new thread.

Captain Codfish
02/05/18, 04:06 PM
I assume you are the owner. I am very disappointed in your negligence and complicity in the promotion of this awful show. I don't care whats you saY Power Rangers may pretend to teach good values. But it really teaches kids to solve their problems by fighting and picking on people weaker than them. They also show a bad example by showing teens wasting time as superheroes when they should be focused on their school work. Marketing all those violent toys is also damaging.

I happened to be checking to see if this place was finally shut down and saw this thread. As a courtesy I decided to reply instead of start a new thread.

The show goes of its way to make the Rangers as good honest people. And when they do misbehave, they learn a lesson on why they were wrong. The show has even toned down the violence in recent years. But it was never really that bad in the first place.

MattEmily
02/05/18, 04:09 PM
My issue is that Power Rangers is a damaging show for children. And it doesn't help that grown adults are supporting this crap. Power Rangers teaches kids to be violent and be bullies. Its not allowed on in my house.

I have asked this board to close in the past. And am disappointed that the owners haven't done what is best. As Power Rangers should never be promoted as anything positive.

yet you probably support a boatload of shows that would be seen as damaging but it's people like you who need to re-think their priorities. Go and be a better Parent instead of blaming your bad Parenting skills on others. You have no reason to expect anything from this board since you're not the one who pays for the expense. Why are you even here if you're just going to attack the place due to your own pathetic Parenting skills? That certainly shows the kind of person you are.

In regards to Baby Ranger? I also have to question why the user took the time to register for a show they think should be beneath us? I strongly disagree with the idea that adults shouldn't watch Power Rangers. Let us enjoy what we enjoy. Is any harm coming to anyone? No.

yea they're not the same person I regularly check on any user who seems suspicious.
Yes I agree that the board is not shutting down and that the show does not set a bad example for kids I mean it's designed with them in mind and not us adults in mind. Parents are responsible for parenting their own kids and if they don't want their kids to watch it then it's simple don't let them watch it.
The show has always taught good morals and yes it can be guilty of being a toy commercial but that's just the nature of the beast.

I agree with PRangerX that I have to question Baby Ranger's motives for registering here since I disagree that people (kids or adults) shouldn't watch the show. It shouldn't bother you anyway since you don't know us and when it comes down to it the show entertains us.

MattEmily
02/05/18, 04:20 PM

yes he is the owner and it's not your business on what he's a fan of so I would suggest you leave him alone you probably don't watch anything appropriate either since there's no such thing on TV, Netflix or Hulu not even movies or anywhere else for that matter. He's free to promote any show that he wants to promote as long as it's not illegal.

You can falsely claim all you want about what you feel the show teaches but your claims are just bogus.

The show goes of its way to make the Rangers as good honest people. And when they do misbehave, they learn a lesson on why they were wrong. The show has even toned down the violence in recent years. But it was never really that bad in the first place.

exactly the Rangers don't start fights they're only there to defend. That's not starting a fight.

As a real life comparison do you really think terrorists will listen to reason? No they won't they just want to kill so they're the only ones left the same principles apply.
Concerned Parent needs to remember that there are others who are more familiar with the villains that they come across than the Rangers themselves so obviously they'll know best of all that reasoning with them just isn't possible since they're 100% evil.
Cole tried this attempt back in Wild Force since he didn't want to fight but he found out for himself that Orgs (the villains for that season) don't have a heart and that they only exist to destroy.

Exactly about the violence in the show it's not that bad especially when you compare it to other shows even violence on adult shows would be bad.

Baby Ranger
02/05/18, 05:10 PM
I just think its lame that grown adults are still watching such a corny show. I couldn't believe it. So I had to post. PR is just so stupid. I am glad my kids never got into it.

Massive Ego
02/05/18, 05:13 PM
I just think its lame that grown adults are still watching such a corny show. I couldn't believe it. So I had to post. PR is just so stupid. I am glad my kids never got into it.

I think its a lame that a grown adult is wasting time on a forum to critize other adults for watching something they don't like.

Decepticon
02/05/18, 07:11 PM
These guys have to be just causing trouble. No one is gonna go to the trouble they have gone to.

Hayley Oliver
02/05/18, 07:32 PM
These guys just want attention. That's all it is.

MattEmily
02/05/18, 08:14 PM

it's not your business what we like or don't like so get used to it you can control and manipulate your kids all you want to but you can't do that with adults and whether you like it or not a bunch of adults not just us tune in every time there's a new episode. The show entertains us

I think its a lame that a grown adult is wasting time on a forum to critize other adults for watching something they don't like.

exactly that. It's incredibly lame for someone to join a board of something that they hate. What was your objective anyway Baby Ranger? Just to bully people because you don't like what they watch? I'd hate to be your kid then because that teaches your kid that it's fine to bully people if they don't like what the other person watches.

These guys have to be just causing trouble. No one is gonna go to the trouble they have gone to.

yea you're probably right

These guys just want attention. That's all it is.

yea that's what I'm thinking as well

Baby Ranger
02/05/18, 08:44 PM
You guys are the ones getting all defensive. It's just silly you all watch Power Rangers. Its so cheesy and corny! Also has bad Godzilla like special effects.

My kids have no interest in the show. My son begs me to turn it off when we accidently land on it. And I luagh at the thought he thinks I want to watch it. My daughter is more into watching movies on her tablet. Never has been a fan of cartoons or even Disney Movies. My son only watches the paw patrol but now he has no interesr in anything but sports.

MattEmily
02/05/18, 08:56 PM
You guys are the ones getting all defensive. It's just silly you all watch Power Rangers. Its so cheesy and corny! Also has bad Godzilla like special effects.

My kids have no interest in the show. My son begs me to turn it off when we accidently land on it. And I luagh at the thought he thinks I want to watch it. My daughter is more into watching movies on her tablet. Never has been a fan of cartoons or even Disney Movies. My son only watches the paw patrol but now he has no interesr in anything but sports.

gee who is the one who registered an account to a Power Rangers discussion board just to bully those of us who like it? That's just plain stupid to do that unless you don't have a life and you're just lying about truly having kids. You don't have kids do you?

and you actually approve of your daughter watching those movies? they're probably more inappropriate and you actually call yourself a Parent.
Paw Patrol is also inappropriate as is sports so you call yourself a Parent? That's laughable.

Baby Ranger
02/05/18, 09:01 PM
The movies are all age appropriate or she loses the tablet. Saying Paw Patrol is bad for kids is laughable. Sports too? No way. I don't even think PR is bad for kids. I just think its stupid and happen to have kids that hate it. I just think its so funny that grown men and woman watch this show. I just had to register and tell you guys about it.

Countdown to Destruction
02/05/18, 09:03 PM
You should watch Power Rangers In Space. It will show you why PR can appeal to adults.

MattEmily
02/05/18, 09:11 PM
The movies are all age appropriate or she loses the tablet. Saying Paw Patrol is bad for kids is laughable. Sports too? No way. I don't even think PR is bad for kids. I just think its stupid and happen to have kids that hate it. I just think its so funny that grown men and woman watch this show. I just had to register and tell you guys about it.

sure the movies are appropriate sure they are.
Paw Patrol is inappropriate do I need to spell out why?
Sports same thing do I need to spell out why that's inappropriate? Football and hockey are inappropriate to begin with since they encourage fights yet you're under this bogus assumption that Power Rangers promotes violence but yet you support violent sports? Haha that's extremely laughable and I find that stupid as well as your decision to register just to bully us.

Baby Ranger
02/05/18, 09:17 PM
sure the movies are appropriate sure they are.
Paw Patrol is inappropriate do I need to spell out why?
Sports same thing do I need to spell out why that's inappropriate? Football and hockey are inappropriate to begin with since they encourage fights yet you're under this bogus assumption that Power Rangers promotes violence but yet you support violent sports? Haha that's extremely laughable and I find that stupid as well as your decision to register just to bully us.

You have me confused with that Concerned Parent User. I have no idea who he or she is. I never said the show promoted violence.

Why is paw patrol bad?

MattEmily
02/05/18, 09:23 PM
You have me confused with that Concerned Parent User. I have no idea who he or she is. I never said the show promoted violence.

Why is paw patrol bad?

you said the show encourages the wrong message of the Rangers fighting to solve problems.

Paw Patrol teaches that same message in some episodes as well as the message of animal cruelty.

A Gia To Remember
02/05/18, 09:25 PM
Isn't Concerned Parent the one that said that?

MattEmily
02/05/18, 09:33 PM
Isn't Concerned Parent the one that said that?

maybe they're too similar so I might be getting confused LOL

Concerned Parent
02/05/18, 09:37 PM
I don't think Baby Ranger is being unreasonable at all. I think its weird you all watch the series too. Ranger seems like a grear parent. His or hee kids are much better off without Power Rangers. Paw Patrol on another hand is a great series for children.

But you really should stop bullying Baby Ranger.

MattEmily
02/05/18, 10:36 PM
I don't think Baby Ranger is being unreasonable at all. I think its weird you all watch the series too. Ranger seems like a grear parent. His or hee kids are much better off without Power Rangers. Paw Patrol on another hand is a great series for children.

But you really should stop bullying Baby Ranger.

yea he/she is being unreasonable. I think it's weird that both of you insisted on coming on a Power Rangers board just to trash the show and its adult fans and no he/she is not a good Parent.

Please don't give me a bullying lecture since Baby Ranger was the one who attacked us first don't start something if you can't deal with the consequences. Can't take the heat? then I would suggest you get out of the kitchen and leave here at once and that goes for BOTH OF YOU.

Kimberly Hart
02/06/18, 10:32 PM
I think Power Rangers is a fun show and I am not ashamed to be a fan. MMPR is especially fun. But I still enjoy the series today.

Chaos Ranger
02/06/18, 10:55 PM
Who cares that we like Power Rangers? Makes no sense to be worried about what other people like.

Ninja Storm Fan
02/09/18, 11:42 AM
I agree that Power Rangers itself isn't really that good. But Ninja Storm is amazing. And a good series on its own.

Kimberly Hart
02/09/18, 12:08 PM
I agree that Power Rangers itself isn't really that good. But Ninja Storm is amazing. And a good series on its own.

How can you stay PR is bad and Ninja Storm is good? I mean Ninja Storm is Power Rangwrs as much as any season good or bad.

Chef Mia
02/10/18, 11:36 AM
Well I like the show regardless of what age group it targets.

KimandTommy
02/11/18, 09:47 AM
I don't think its right for this guy to critize us for watching Power Rangers. Concerned Parent is way overracting, Power Rangers is a good show. My only complaint is when evil characters are allowed to foold the Rangers into thinking they are good. Kat and Karone are poor role models for kids.

Baby Ranger should watch some MMPR to see the complex and wonderful Tommy/Kim romance. Than he will see that PR doesn't just appeal to children.

MMPR Forever
02/11/18, 10:06 AM
Concerned Parent obviously never watched MMPR. Because it was a great show for kids. As is Ninja Steel. I will say some of the other seasons were bad for kids. But those are over now. Hopefully more seasons will at least be like Ninja Steel. Or perhaps maybe we will even get the return of MMPR someday.

PRangerX
02/11/18, 12:25 PM
None of the seasons are bad for children. Its all just a fantasy and none of it is mean spirited. Adults do need to teach their children the difference between fantasy and reality. But thats true for any show. There are far worse things on TV than Power Rangers.

Time Force Traitor
02/11/18, 01:19 PM
This guy just wants to starts trouble. But I think he would be surprised if he saw just how mature some of the older seasons were compared to other children's shows. Like Space and Time Force for instance.

Starlight Starbrite
02/11/18, 01:33 PM
The easy answer is to let us watch our show and just ignore it if you don't care for it.

Smarty Pants Rose
02/12/18, 08:57 PM
This guys seems like a real smarty pants.

KimandTommy
02/13/18, 11:37 AM
The more I think about it, the more I think Baby Ranger didn't watch any of MMPR. Or he just watched the part with Kat. That could have effected Concerned Parent too. Since just seeing the Kat stuff would make me think the show was bad for kids too.

Green With Envy
02/13/18, 11:53 AM
I don't think either of these posters actually have watched any of the series. Also Kat is not a bad role model for kids! She even made houses for poor people. And was often the voice of reason. Look at the tough motivational talk she gave to Jenny in Turbo?

Disney Ranger
02/14/18, 09:10 PM
The Disney Seasons were clearly meant for all ages to enjoy. Except for RPM. But thats because they gave Eddie too much power.