PDA

View Full Version : Does Saban know about Eddie?

RPM Fan
12/20/17, 11:32 AM
Does Saban know about Eddie Guzelian and his wonderful work on RPM? Because I really think he should consider going union just to hire him. Eddie could produce a great series like RPM or even a follow up to it

Goldar's Revenge
12/20/17, 11:35 AM
Saban himself? Probably not. But I am sure there are people at Saban Brands that know. And I can't say that will help Eddie be brought back. Eddie feel dangerously behind on his scripts due to his ambitious take , to the point he had to be replaced to save the production. I can't see Saban Brands wanting to work with him. And they aren't going union.

Maligore
12/20/17, 11:37 AM
Saban's too cheap to go union or bring Eddie back. Its too bad Disney was too cheap to let Eddie finish his vision.

MattEmily
12/20/17, 01:21 PM
Saban himself? Probably not. But I am sure there are people at Saban Brands that know. And I can't say that will help Eddie be brought back. Eddie feel dangerously behind on his scripts due to his ambitious take , to the point he had to be replaced to save the production. I can't see Saban Brands wanting to work with him. And they aren't going union.

I agree but the show doesn't have to be union in order to hire union writers

Calamity Kimberly
12/20/17, 07:20 PM
The whole thing sounds complicated to me.

Dino Blaze
12/20/17, 07:38 PM
Eddie had too many dark ideas and took the show too far away from its roots.

Fanboy Supreme
12/20/17, 08:18 PM
I need to get in touch with Saban, to let him know Eddie should be brought back.

MattEmily
12/20/17, 08:26 PM
I need to get in touch with Saban, to let him know Eddie should be brought back.

good luck with that since no one has his contact info and they're not going to hire someone who is under the Writers' Guild

No Green Spandex
12/20/17, 08:42 PM
As talented as Eddie is, you just can't get behind schedule the way he did.

Captain Codfish
12/20/17, 10:28 PM
I like what he did too. But expecting him to come back just isn't realistic. PR is owned by an entirely different group anyway.

Captain Mutiny
12/20/17, 10:49 PM
Saban Brands wasn't interested in continuing RPM or doing more seasons with its tone.

Gosei Gold
12/21/17, 05:26 PM
RPM's behind the scenes issues coule have been a show in itself.

Tzachor Era
12/21/17, 07:19 PM
Disney should have just kept Tzachor around from the beginning

MattEmily
12/21/17, 07:35 PM
Disney should have just kept Tzachor around from the beginning

they weren't even planning on Power Rangers being around.
Wild Force was supposed to be the last season so MMPR Productions disbanded.
Doug was the one who persuaded Disney to keep it going by cutting costs by having it be non-union and moving the production to New Zealand if it wasn't for Doug then Power Rangers would've went years before we ever saw a new season.

Tzachor Era
12/21/17, 07:46 PM
Doug could have been the story editor. I think he needed a great mind like Tzachor to oversee him. They could have been a great team. I bet Tzachor could teach Sloan a lot like he taught Lynn.

MattEmily
12/21/17, 08:06 PM
Doug could have been the story editor. I think he needed a great mind like Tzachor to oversee him. They could have been a great team. I bet Tzachor could teach Sloan a lot like he taught Lynn.

Doug was the one who persuaded his then-bosses to keep the show going so it was only fair that he was given the mantle of Executive Producer plus I doubt Disney was going to hire Tzachor back anyway. Previous cast members don't always speak kindly of him.

Goldar's Revenge
12/21/17, 08:20 PM
Doug was more than capable of being his own boss and I don't think his working relationship with Tzachor ending well the first time.

Power Rangers was already cancelled. Doug had a relationship with Disney and worked with Ann Austin to pitch how Disney could continue the show. MMPR Productions was already gone. We can thank our lucky stars Doug and Ann saved the show.

No Green Spandex
12/22/17, 05:15 PM
Chip Lynn is more than qualified to run Power Rangers.

Eddie's run was a failiure business wise. And because of that he never even got to finish his vision anyway. Chip could easily do what Eddie did if they wanted him too. But he wouldn't fall behind on scripts.

Bridge's Brigade
12/22/17, 05:20 PM
It made sense for Saban Brands to bring in its own people. Plus the crew with Disney already finished up with RPM.So they were restarting things.

Movie Ranger
12/22/17, 05:27 PM
I like Chip. But I'd love to see Dean Israelite get a shot at the series someday.

edit:thanks Matt

MattEmily
12/22/17, 06:32 PM
I like Chip. But I'd love to see Dan Israelite get a shot at the series someday.

why Dan?

Billy in The Middle
12/22/17, 06:38 PM
Eddie had some good ideas but its hard to overlook the behind the scenes mistakes he made.

Movie Ranger
12/24/17, 06:03 PM
why Dan?

Because he did an awesome job with the movie. He clearly cares about the franchise and has a lot of great ideas. A lot of which are original and innovative. He would give PR the shot in the arm it needs creatively.

Sentai Is Forever
12/24/17, 06:22 PM
Because he did an awesome job with the movie. He clearly cares about the franchise and has a lot of great ideas. A lot of which are original and innovative. He would give PR the shot in the arm it needs creatively.

I wouldn't trust Dean. He didn't have to use any Sentai Footage. And his ideas would have been too original. I don't think he would understand the concept that American Sentai is supposed to stick as close to Super Sentai as possible. I also think he has his mind to focused on adapting Mighty Morphing American Sentai. Zyuranger is long gone.

Goldar's Revenge
12/26/17, 02:41 PM
Its not likely that Dean Isrealite would have time to prodice a television series. Eddie is dkffinitly not being brought back. He almost stalled production.

MattEmily
12/26/17, 02:44 PM
why Dan?

that's funny since there's no Dan that worked on the movie his name is Dean.

Movie Ranger
12/26/17, 06:07 PM
Yeah, I corrected that thanks lol