PDA

View Full Version : Should the Rangers have used the movie costumes in season 3?

Original Power Rangers
12/19/17, 11:22 AM
I think it would have been cool if Season 3 continued where the movie left off and used the movie costumes.

Zabitan
12/19/17, 12:01 PM
I would have liked to see the movie suits as the Metallic Armor but that's it.

MattEmily
12/19/17, 01:28 PM
I thought using the movie suits as the Metallic Armor would've been a great idea but using them as any kind of TV suit wouldn't have been a good idea since they weren't made that well

PRangerX
12/19/17, 05:58 PM
It wouldn't have been cost effective either. Using the metallic armor every episode would already be pushing it.

MattEmily
12/19/17, 06:37 PM
It wouldn't have been cost effective either. Using the metallic armor every episode would already be pushing it.

not to mention they would need constant repair they were always falling apart during the movie's production

Zabitan
12/19/17, 07:04 PM
Well they wouldn't have to use them all the time.

How about save them, and the shogun zords until later in the show when Master Vile shows up, and call them Shogun Ranger mode or something?

Byron Stinger
12/19/17, 09:58 PM
Well they wouldn't have to use them all the time.

How about save them, and the shogun zords until later in the show when Master Vile shows up, and call them Shogun Ranger mode or something?

Not a bad idea.

Diabolico Rising
12/19/17, 09:59 PM
Didn't the Metallic Armor debut when Vile debuted?

Byron Stinger
12/19/17, 10:05 PM
Using the movie costumes just wasn't an option. The armor waa the closet we were going to get.

Bridge's Brigade
12/19/17, 11:27 PM
Those costumes were pretty cool. But I can't see them totally ditching the sentai footage. It would have been way too expensive.

MattEmily
12/20/17, 09:40 AM
Didn't the Metallic Armor debut when Vile debuted?

yes

Those costumes were pretty cool. But I can't see them totally ditching the sentai footage. It would have been way too expensive.

I see your memory is slipping we didn't even have Sentai footage in the 3rd season except for when it was time to make the monsters grow with the new lightning strike. The ground battles didn't start to become Sentai footage in the 3rd season until we saw the Aquitians

Captain Codfish
12/20/17, 10:31 PM
yes

I see your memory is slipping we didn't even have Sentai footage in the 3rd season except for when it was time to make the monsters grow with the new lightning strike. The ground battles didn't start to become Sentai footage in the 3rd season until we saw the Aquitians

Thats true, but it still would have been way more expensive to use the movie costumes. Not to mention not practical. The suits were not very durable despite their look. And lastly, 20th Century Fox owned them at the time.