PDA

View Full Version : Did Kim write the note for Tommy's own good?

Super Cena
12/07/17, 07:01 PM
I am wondering if the whole note was sent on purpose by Kim? I think she knew that their long distance relationship wasn't healthy. She felt she was hurting Tommy by holding him down to a relationship while she was far away. Maybe she even thought it was a distraction to his Ranger duties. Tommy may have been calling her too much.

Kim knew that breaking up with him over the phone wouldn't work. Nor could she likely that go through with it. So she wrote the note so Tommy could move on without her. Severing the cord to the relationship cold turkey. I think its very likely she didn't even have another boyfriend. She would never betray Tomy and had little time to meet people while training.

MattEmily
12/07/17, 07:29 PM
that's a good theory I agree that her claiming that she had met someone could've been just a lie and that she was just dumping Tommy for the benefit of him and the Rangers

Inner Senshi
12/07/17, 10:35 PM
I don't think Kim would have lied to Tommy. Even if she thought it was for his own good. But I was surprise she broke up with Tommy the way she did. It has me confused. Even though Tommy ended up with another great girl in Kat.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed
12/07/17, 10:57 PM
Zordon contacted her to convince her to do it. Since Tommy was too distracted. But this led him to Kat. Which led Tommy to start questioning Zordon and Dimitria. Which led to the departure of the origknal Turbos.

Mojo Bulk
12/07/17, 10:59 PM
I think Kimberly just meant someone else and didn't know how she could bring herself to break up with ith Tommy face to face.

Calamity Kimberly
12/08/17, 12:08 PM
I think Kimberly just meant someone else and made a foolish mistake by not breaking up with Tommy in person or by phone at least.Its as simple as that. Zordon was most definitely not invovled. Why would he care about that or sabotage a relationship that had nothing to do with him.

KimandTommy
12/08/17, 05:10 PM
I still think Kat slipped in a fake note so she ckuld have Tommy all to herself. Kim would never break up with Tommy, let alone cheat on him. Nor would she be so mean to writte a Dear John Letter. The only person mean enough to do all that is Kat.

Maligore
12/08/17, 05:41 PM
Saban was too cheap to pay for an Amy Jo Johnson cameo so Kim could break up with Tommy in person. Or course if Saban wasn't so cheap, he wouldn't have let Johnson leave the shlw in the first place.

Astro Omega
12/08/17, 09:36 PM
I think it was what it was. Kim wasn't trying to be mean and was sincere in the note. She probably should have sent it to his house instead of the youth centee though.

No Green Spandex
12/08/17, 09:42 PM
I am surprised they didn't writer her to mail it to the school. Knowing how they work.

But in any case, people go through break ups all the time. Especially at that young age. So Tommy isn't any more special than anyone else. But at least they finally let Tommy be vulnerable for a change. Even though It didn't last. I can't blame Kim for wanting to kock him to the curb.

Zabitan
12/08/17, 09:42 PM
Eh maybe but I like to think she really did just meet another guy.

I agree I wish we got to actually see Kim in that episode instead of just clips though.

I'll admit I thought when I was a kid that maybe Kat did it but as I got older I realized that would be out of character for her since she only wanted to steal Tommy from Kim when she was evil.

But when she stopped being evil she waited until Tommy had feelings for her to go out with him.

MMPR Forever
12/08/17, 09:46 PM
This scene was so bad and show destroying it ruined Zep for me! It was pretty clearly MMPR was deae and burried. Which is why I loke to think the MMPR story ended with Hogday Afternoon. Ninja Steel is a good take off of Power Rangers though. All the othsr takesx not so much. But Zeo was especially disappointing.

Spike Hart
12/08/17, 09:49 PM
Kim met Skull and they eventually got married. Which lead to them having Spike.

White Tiger Fan
12/08/17, 09:50 PM
Kim met Skull and they eventually got married. Which lead to them having Spike.

Amit was a genius with rhis idea. Having Skull be the one that Kim found. I am sure he was okay with Spike being their son too.

Tzachor Era
12/08/17, 09:51 PM
I would be surprised if Tzachor made that backstory or allowed anyone else to make it canon.

KimandTommy
12/08/17, 09:58 PM
This scene was so bad and show destroying it ruined Zep for me! It was pretty clearly MMPR was deae and burried. Which is why I loke to think the MMPR story ended with Hogday Afternoon. Ninja Steel is a good take off of Power Rangers though. All the othsr takesx not so much. But Zeo was especially disappointing.

It was a disgrace that they never showed Kat show her true colors and allowed for Tommy and Kim back together. Kat least not on screen. The scene itself was bad. It would have been okay if the pay lead to the above, but that never happened.

MattEmily
12/08/17, 10:25 PM
I would be surprised if Tzachor made that backstory or allowed anyone else to make it canon.

He wasn't in charge at that point in time so regardless of whether he wanted it or not he had no say in the matter.

MMPR
Co-Producer: Ellen Levy-Sarnoff
Supervising Producers: Tony Oliver, Winston Richard (101-140)
Producers: Ronnie Hadar, Jonathan Tzachor
Exec Producers: Saban, Shuki Levy

MMPR2
Co-Producers: Ellen Levy-Sarnoff (201-246), Tony Oliver (247-259), Ann Knapp (247-259), Paul F. Rosenthal (247-259)
Supervising Producer: Tony Oliver (201-246), Douglas Sloan (247-259)
Executive Producers: Haim Saban, Shuki Levy
Associate Producer (201-246): Paul F. Rosenthal

MMPR3
Co-Producers: Tony Oliver, Ann Knapp, Paul F. Rosenthal
Supervising Producer: Douglas Sloan

Zeo
Supervising Producers: Scott Page-Pagter, Douglas Sloan
Co-Producers: Ann Knapp, Tony Oliver, Paul F. Rosenthal
Produced By: Jonathan Tzachor

Turbo
Co-Producers: Paul F. Rosenthal, Ann Knapp (431-446)
Supervising Producers: Scott Page-Pagter, Douglas Sloan (431-446)

back in those days the Executive Producers would've had the final say which was generally Shuki's call but he left all calls before then to the Supervising Producer. Tzachor didn't have any power in the early going since Doug was the one who was in charge during Turbo and at the very least Zeo as well

Hailey Hartford
12/09/17, 12:23 AM
To this day I am still not convinced she really did send it. With her hectic training schedule, when would she of found the time?

I doubt very much Kim is Spike's mother. She even told Skull its better they were just friends at that dance in high school. Try Bulk's sister instead.

MattEmily
12/09/17, 12:46 AM
she obviously found some time otherwise she wouldn't have came back for the Turbo movie.

When did Bulk have any siblings?

Miki1988
12/09/17, 01:19 AM
Kim did the right thing. I also was not fond of how she broke up with him, but it's not like he had the option to leave the team and go to wherever she was and be with her.

She did break his heart, but she probably met someone else and was in an uncomfortable position. I've seen people break up because of someone else (like a third person) being in the game. It's not pretty. But she wanted him to know because she cared about him. She didn't want to be called a cheater or even something worse that is not to be mentioned on a board.

Plus she had a secret identity as a Power Ranger (provided that her coach did not know about her being a Ranger). So she couldn't use that as an argument to stay with Tommy. So by letting him go, she spared herself a lot of problems. Plus she became a known athletic and if someone from the media would find out about her and Tommy's Power Ranger stuff, it'd change her and the Rangers' lives for the worse. And that was the exact same reason why Cassidy and Devin turned over their tape to Tommy in "Thunder Struck, Part II". It would make a mess of Tommy's life and also, primarily Conner's, Kira's, Ethan's and Trent's lives.

Tzachor Era
12/09/17, 08:24 AM
He wasn't in charge at that point in time so regardless of whether he wanted it or not he had no say in the matter.

MMPR

MMPR2
Co-Producers: Ellen Levy-Sarnoff (201-246), Tony Oliver (247-259), Ann Knapp (247-259), Paul F. Rosenthal (247-259)

MMPR3

Zeo

Turbo

back in those days the Executive Producers would've had the final say which was generally Shuki's call but he left all calls before then to the Supervising Producer. Tzachor didn't have any power in the early going since Doug was the one who was in charge during Turbo and at the very least Zeo as well

Good point, Levy and Sloan coud have allowed it then. Tzachor didn't have the same power he thankfully ended up with.

Blastr Zack
12/09/17, 08:27 AM
Kim did the right thing. I also was not fond of how she broke up with him, but it's not like he had the option to leave the team and go to wherever she was and be with her.

She did break his heart, but she probably met someone else and was in an uncomfortable position. I've seen people break up because of someone else (like a third person) being in the game. It's not pretty. But she wanted him to know because she cared about him. She didn't want to be called a cheater or even something worse that is not to be mentioned on a board.

Plus she had a secret identity as a Power Ranger (provided that her coach did not know about her being a Ranger). So she couldn't use that as an argument to stay with Tommy. So by letting him go, she spared herself a lot of problems. Plus she became a known athletic and if someone from the media would find out about her and Tommy's Power Ranger stuff, it'd change her and the Rangers' lives for the worse. And that was the exact same reason why Cassidy and Devin turned over their tape to Tommy in "Thunder Struck, Part II". It would make a mess of Tommy's life and also, primarily Conner's, Kira's, Ethan's and Trent's lives.

Good points , I never thought of the celebrity risk. I guess its a good think Tommy and Heather didn't work out either.

KimandTommy
12/09/17, 08:28 AM
To this day I am still not convinced she really did send it. With her hectic training schedule, when would she of found the time?

I doubt very much Kim is Spike's mother. She even told Skull its better they were just friends at that dance in high school. Try Bulk's sister instead.

Thats one of the biggest fishy parts for me. Besides it being out of character for Kimberly.

PRangerX
12/09/17, 08:36 AM

MMPR

MMPR2

MMPR3

Zeo

Turbo

I knew Shulki was the showrunner back then, but I didn't realize Sloan had more power than Tzachor in Zeo. I always thought Tzachor was still his boss back then.

Miki1988
12/09/17, 09:06 AM
Good points , I never thought of the celebrity risk. I guess its a good think Tommy and Heather didn't work out either.

If you think about it, the Zeo writers actually took multiple plots into the mix when it came to "There's No Business Like Snow Business":
- The Machine's Empire plot in the episode arc itself.
- The idea of Kat & Tommy becoming a couple.
- Kim becoming a known celebrity and that being a risk to her, Tommy and their friends because of their secret identities as Power Rangers if she stayed with him.
- Tommy & Heather NOT working out since it'd end the same between them anyway.

Come to think of it, the writers were basically telling us why Kim had to break up with Tommy with the whole Heather storyline. They actually JUSTIFIED Kim's "Dear John" letter and in a good way.

MattEmily
12/09/17, 10:18 AM
I knew Shulki was the showrunner back then, but I didn't realize Sloan had more power than Tzachor in Zeo. I always thought Tzachor was still his boss back then.

nope Tzachor didn't have any powers back then otherwise we would've gotten more copy-and-paste stuff

Calamity Kimberly
12/09/17, 08:13 PM
I was think it was just bad judgment on Kimberly's part. No one is
perfect and it was a delicate situation. I don't think she persued her other relatiomship until after she sent the note.

Goldar's Revenge
12/09/17, 08:19 PM
It was the bad influence Kimberly's mom had on her growing up. Being a Rangers helped to get away from those bad habits. But once she left the Rangers she started to fall back pn those bad habits

Kimberly's mom was very flckle with men and ended relationships as soon as a better one was there. She did this when she left Kimberly''s own father too. A lot of her relationships were also about mlney and prestige. Mrs. Hart was also from money and acted like it. Although she did love her daughter and didn't mean to teach her wrong. Its possible she learned the same from her mother and didn't even know she was wrong.

Hexagon Ranger
12/09/17, 08:56 PM
Kim was lying to herself of she thought she was doing it for Tommy's own good. It was for her own good. Since we was so afraid to break up in person or phone. She may have not wanted to hurt him. But by doing it by some random note, she hurt him much worse than she would have.

Kaitlin Steele
12/09/17, 08:57 PM
I wish Heather could have been a reoccurring character like Emily.

Tzachor Era
12/10/17, 08:59 AM
I wonder what Tzachor would say about all this after the fact. I think he would envision Tommy and Kim being back tlgether by now. He obviously had nothing to do with the Zeo Christmas Episode.

JenAndAlex
12/10/17, 07:38 PM
Who cares? She was probably just sick of the big jerk. Kimberly belonged with Jason anyway.

Storm Hater
12/10/17, 08:10 PM
Kimberly was just selfish and Tommy was better with Kat

VR Master
12/10/17, 08:19 PM
It was more of a production necessitie . Doing a scene at Tommy's home requires more time and money. The juice bar set was there and allowed for everyone else to be there. I can see when it came off as shallow behavior on Kim's part. But I don't think that was the intent.

Captain Codfish
12/10/17, 08:48 PM
I agree with Kim's mom being a bad example for her whe. it came to relationships. It was definitely a mistake to break up with Tommy in this way.

Rangerlord
12/11/17, 10:01 AM
Yeah I just think Kimberly wrote the note thinking it was better for Tommyy but she wws obviously wrong.

Gosei Gold
12/11/17, 08:16 PM
I don't think the producers ever would have brought back Kim in the series ane the movie was a long way away.

Miki1988
12/12/17, 02:36 AM
Actually, I've read somewhere that Amy Jo filmed something, but for some reason, whatever she filmed stayed unused. It might have only been a rumor though.

Hayley Oliver
12/12/17, 11:57 AM
Thats interesting? I never heard of that before

RJ Wolf Ranger
12/16/17, 10:05 PM
I don't see Kim lying or trying to deceive Tommy. She was trying to break up with him clean so she didn't hurt him. I do think she really did meet someone new.

KimandTommy
12/17/17, 02:52 PM
I tell you I am more sure every day that Kat did write that letter. It was probably her idea to have Tommy get it at the youth center too. It makes no sense for Kim to write the letter on her own or for any reason.

Zeo Power
12/17/17, 09:15 PM
Kat would never do such a thing. She did everything in her power to help to my afterwards. Even to the point of pushing him towards Heather when she wanted Tommy herself.

Ninja Ranger
12/18/17, 01:13 PM
People are still fixated on this? Its time to move on. Kim broke up woth Tommy via letter. This was years ago. Tommy isn't even together with Kim or Kat in canon anymore. The Zeo Christmas special is redundant.They didn't know the show would go on for decades at that point.

Time Force Rules
12/18/17, 07:22 PM
I think it was what it was. Zeo has better writing than MMPR, but it still didn't go super deep.